HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

How is it tough? Just don't start about that you find him a freak/weirdo and what not. It's first of all ...not nessecary and it really doesn't contribute anything to the thread. Anyway aboout the pics...

Incredible stuff there, it looks maaaaaaaaaad detailed. Question...can you actually put the shoes off as well, ? I mean it should be right...cause i remember the pics from this figure with the Billie Jean shoes on.

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

How is it tough?
Because as I said, it is hard to discuss a toy based on a person without talking about the person the toy is based on. To take an extreme case, you probably won't see a thread on a Hitler toy without encountering controversy.

Note that I'm done with this so long as others don't keep harping on it :peace

they're technically not dolls in the traditional sense but since they are so girly no one calls them figures. But when Gijoe came out the term action figure was coined because it was the first of it's kind. So the term has been around since the 50's, get with the times.

All I'm saying is that the line between action figure and doll is blurry and fluid at best, and that there is no hard and fast definition that can be applied at this stage. A lot of people not in either hobby tend to think of action figures, fashion dolls, BJDs and soft toys as all being subgroups of dolls, which in turn is a subgroup of toys. Soft toys are relatively easy to define clearly, but the line between action figures, fashion dolls and BJDs is not clear at all.

And for the record, there have been hard, jointed dolls, in one form or another, for as far back as we have record of dolls existing, so I submit to you that your concept of "dolls in the traditional sense" is somewhat flawed. ;)

The Lara Croft one on that site looks pretty realistic i must say, though.

Actually the term "action figure" was coined because the owner of hasbro would not sell "dolls" to boys

On a side note. I am buying this figure because MJ came out with thriller when I was 4. I still remember seeing the video for the first time. Right there I was instilled a love of music and horror movies. It also taught me that someone who looked different from me could be awesome too (the older me would say I was taught a simple form of racial equality). I remember trying to learn the moonwalk (when I was not the "he-man" of the neighborhood). I remember trying to get a white glove so I could glue glitter on it. That is why I am buying this figure. Musically MJ lost me before "black or white" (I was a total pop fiend before I heard "enter Sandman" and thus began my next transition, which was well timed with my teens). I never really cared about MJ personally (though I do remember watching the Jacksons made for tv movie). I remember making the pedo jokes with my peers about him. Then he died. Then I was thinking about thriller. Then my dad died. Then I found out HT was making a figure of MJ during thriller. I thought about all the toys I have bought since that song came in my life. I also thought about how I was getting tired of collecting and should probably start saving for a house and a ring for my girlfriend (she loves the figures though so guys, I am not selling out). This figure is a great closer to my collecting 1/6. It is something I can look at and, after making sure no one is around, try to moonwalk.
again.
(note I would totally get a HT duran duran set :)

Anyone know if there's a way to use my tracking number outside of canada? It's not in canada anymore..so i can't use that site for tracking it. I don't think i can track it at all anymore..but i am not sure. Anyone know?

I don't know. I'm in Australia and my package is being sent by the same service. The last update I had was that it left Canada on the 18th and nothing more since then. I've been checking it daily for updates, but now, seeing as yours is the same, I'm thinking there's probably not going to be another update until I've received the package and signed for it.

I don't expect it tomorrow, so it's probably gonna be next monday or tuesday, and i won't be at home on monday. So they are probably gonna slip a note into my mailbox about that mypackage can be grabbed from the postal office.

I should hopefully have mine tomorrow!...well, later on this afternoon anyway since it is 2am already

one more pic !

IMG_0220_final.jpg

AWESOME!!! The door bell rang, i walk to the door...expecting someone else kinda...and what do i see ..a postman with a big box...YES!

149z477.jpg

14v0axt.jpg

wtu9n8.jpg

10mjtsp.jpg

2hn25qw.jpg

20pbx2t.jpg

4kbvjm.jpg

I tried to take the head off and put zombie on it...but damn....i cant easily take it off, and i used force really.

Last edited:

Great piccies Moonwalker :rock
I've copied the few pics we have so far over to the Collectable Review Section, so keep posting those reviews and Photo's and I will move them across too. That way you don't have to go scrolling through a long thread to find the piccies.
Just go here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69043

Thanks all :duff
x :peace

Ah yes , that's great and useful :).

Anyone know how you can take the head off ? :)

Hairdryer.

AWESOME!!! The door bell rang, i walk to the door...expecting someone else kinda...and what do i see ..a postman with a big box...YES!

149z477.jpg

14v0axt.jpg

QUOTE]

Is that big box used to pack only one Michael Jackson figure?

I;m starting to get worried, the only thing I can think of is maybe I some how screwed up my toy square order, I haven't even heard from them yet.

I just got mine! Yes he is sweet. The box is awesome too. Not gonna open him till later though. Man I'm excited he looks absolutely fantastic.

I had quite a difficult time getting the peg out of the slim truetype head. The hairdryer loosened the peg a little from the head, but I had to carefully pull it out with needlenose pliers. Both figures look great. I will try to post pictures later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back