HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HOT TOYS- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version) Spec and pics

no more new pics in like a week damn

I'm a rookie in this kind of figures (my collection is basically based on the Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars figures and some NFL 12"ers as well), I had never bough a 12 inch figure valued in 200 dollars (MJ Thriller hopefully will be the first - I just preordered) and now I'm very interested in getting the Jack Bauer and maybe in the future the Joker/Police that is also incredible!!

In your experience do you think HT could improve the face/head sculpt of the Thriller figure?

In your experience do you think HT could improve the face/head sculpt of the Thriller figure?

I reckon what we see in that smiling sculpt is what we're getting. I think if that's the sculpt that the Jackson estate, or Jackson himself, approved, I doubt that they will want any changes made.

It could happen, sometimes they've made changes before going into production, the Dark Knight suit is one example, but seems like in this case it's not their call but the Licensor...
so, we might be out of luck on this one... though you never know...

I still can't believe people want a 'better' face sculpt?! WHAT THE HELL people, talk about ocd picky. The thing is perfect and probably the best 1/6th MJ ever made, just because you may prefer the proto expression over the smile head, doesn't mean it needs a completely new head sculpt altogether!

I don't think it needs a new one... just the original one...
but it's not a deal breaker for me if we get the second one...

I never had a problem with the way either head looked, just that the smiling head didn't fit the Thriller theme in my opinion. I really hope we get both eventually.

I'm a rookie in this kind of figures (my collection is basically based on the Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars figures and some NFL 12"ers as well), I had never bough a 12 inch figure valued in 200 dollars (MJ Thriller hopefully will be the first - I just preordered) and now I'm very interested in getting the Jack Bauer and maybe in the future the Joker/Police that is also incredible!!

Ah man, It's always cool to hear someone's going up to the next level in this hobby. I still have some of the Hasbro stuff which I cherish for nostalgia, but all the new Sideshow and especially Hot Toys stuff is just amazing. I actually have stopped collecting the 3 3/4 and 6 inch stuff to give preference to the 12" scale (actually I still buy some of the smaller scale but just very few and I really have to like them a lot in order to buy them). Yes, the price is higher, but I prefer one well detailed figure than 50 little guys with bad sculpting, no soft goodies, limited paint application and no detail.
Also, check all the cool customs that a lot of members here have made. They are incredible! I have comissioned/bought a few and am very happy to own these figures.
So, with all that said, welcome to the club!

Ah man, It's always cool to hear someone's going up to the next level in this hobby. I still have some of the Hasbro stuff which I cherish for nostalgia, but all the new Sideshow and especially Hot Toys stuff is just amazing. I actually have stopped collecting the 3 3/4 and 6 inch stuff to give preference to the 12" scale (actually I still buy some of the smaller scale but just very few and I really have to like them a lot in order to buy them). Yes, the price is higher, but I prefer one well detailed figure than 50 little guys with bad sculpting, no soft goodies, limited paint application and no detail.
Also, check all the cool customs that a lot of members here have made. They are incredible! I have comissioned/bought a few and am very happy to own these figures.
So, with all that said, welcome to the club!

Hey, thanks a lot man!!...I'm very much like you...I used to collect Star Wars figures (3 3/4", 6" and 12") but from several years ago (I think 5) I just stop buying the little ones...and like you, only buying the ones I really like (quality or new figures mainly from the original trilogy - just a few from the new trilogy and NOTHING from the Clones Wars)...

Yeah, the price is high, I know the quality is excelent so will try to save on other things in order to buy some of them...with plans of buying a new house and also having my first child, well it will be difficult to have many of these figures but will try to have the ones I like the most!!...I don't have any Star Wars from Sideshow and the one I really like to have is the new Vader (I'm a huge fan from the Dark Lord of the Sith)...

So Michael Thriller is the first and maybe Bauer the second one...will keep you informed of my collection status!

I still can't believe people want a 'better' face sculpt?! WHAT THE HELL people, talk about ocd picky. The thing is perfect and probably the best 1/6th MJ ever made, just because you may prefer the proto expression over the smile head, doesn't mean it needs a completely new head sculpt altogether!

Yeah...I agree with you that is the best 1/6th MJ figure ever made today...but be honest with you and tell me if I'm wrong but that face sculpt doesn't represent the MJ from the Thriller video...as I said before, for me that head belongs to an late 70's or early 80's Michael Jackson...

The Thriller MJ must have a more delicate nose, bigger eyes, more prominent chickbones and shorter and wet looking hair...that is my oppinion...my final decision will be at the time I have the figure in my hands!:chew

I reckon it represents him 100percent, the serious head is too.......serious for thriller, but the smirk head NAILS the theme imho. Young happy go lucky guy, out with his chick, scaring her, smiling at the scary movie, not a care in the world. It's dead on. I would like to see both sculpts moulded into one though. But i doubt they will, because they've already revised it TO the smiling head version, if you get what i mean.

I want sideshow to carry it!!!!!!!! Anyone ask at the con?????????

I called them directly a few weeks ago, and they said no.

Yep, they said during the Chat that it was a licensing issue...
They DO want to carry it... as said before, a few SS staff are fans of MJ...
they actually played MJ in their booth during ComicCon :rock!!!

I don't understand why it's a licensing issue when one of the more recent Ask Sideshows said that a PF Mike was in the works after he won the "which music legend would you most like..." poll.

Because now that he is dead, the Licensing rights are in the middle of a legal agreement, so the holders changed, and or, will decide wether they will allow using MJ's image for that sort of thing... and HT dealt with the Japanese licensor, so I'm sure that's very different from how it works in the US.
Actually SS told me it would be harder now for them to acquire the license, because a lot of companies are going to be bidding for it. While Hot Toys had the license before MJ's death...
It's a mess, I know...
I'm actually concerned about the release of the Thriller figure due to this...
until I have it in my hand, I'll relax about it... :lol

Jamon!

HEHE!

(CAN'T WAIT)

New pics from Toy-World...
this time around with Smiling Michael...
I wonder when they will actually release the figure?...
Some reports say December, others January and a few even Late October/Early November...

IMG_8713.JPG

IMG_8734.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back