HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HOT TOYS- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version) Spec and pics

Kuzeh: Just got back. They would only let me buy one. I went back to try and get another one thinking maybe they wouldn't recognize me and they were sold out. However, the girl told me they would have more tomorrow morning. Try again. I will try again and see if I can get you one.
Oh by the way, it's expensive! $80 each!! WTF!

Can you post some in hand pics of this? I would LOVE to see it!:google:monkey4:monkey5

Had to do it...

superstock1557r304629co.jpg

LOL.

Yeahhh, this is a GOOD JOKE.

Kuzeh: Just got back. They would only let me buy one. I went back to try and get another one thinking maybe they wouldn't recognize me and they were sold out. However, the girl told me they would have more tomorrow morning. Try again. I will try again and see if I can get you one.
Oh by the way, it's expensive! $80 each!! WTF!

The guy told me they're out...
they might get some more after the Con...:(

According to goodshipped, release date Jan 2010? WTF?!

So I'm going to play the part of perfectionist, super picky fan here. But I should if I'm paying as much for a figure of MJ as they ask. I made a few slight adjustments, they don't have to do much major to it. But the likeness was far better before.

I made it look more like MJ, I made the eyes slightly bigger, eyebrows more prominent, jaw line and face slightly smaller and softer, chin not as sharp, and the nose of course smaller to better match the thriller era, and I fixed the "helmet" hair, and brought the hair down closer to his eyes. Oh and I put some slight darken around the eyes since he always wore makeup around them, before getting eyeliner tattooed on them.

mjcomparisons.jpg

Reference:

mj25_.jpg

ap_jackson_thriller_405.jpg

michael%20jackson%20thriller.jpg

Basically I think the sculpt needs a rehaul in order to look more like MJ.

Last edited:

That is awesome

Looks great, Star. The HT face does seem too wide.

Now that I look at the Thriller pics and the HT figure I really think the look is somewhat off.

So I'm going to play the part of perfectionist, super picky fan here. But I should if I'm paying as much for a figure of MJ as they ask. I made a few slight adjustments, they don't have to do much major to it. But the likeness was far better before.

I made it look more like MJ, I made the eyes slightly bigger, eyebrows more prominent, jaw line and face slightly smaller and softer, chin not as sharp, and the nose of course smaller to better match the thriller era, and I fixed the "helmet" hair, and brought the hair down closer to his eyes. Oh and I put some slight darken around the eyes since he always wore makeup around them, before getting eyeliner tattooed on them.

mjcomparisons.jpg

Reference:

mj25_.jpg

ap_jackson_thriller_405.jpg

michael%20jackson%20thriller.jpg

Basically I think the sculpt needs a rehaul in order to look more like MJ.

Your touch up does help the figure look more like him, maybe Hot Toys themselves will continue to try to improve on the sculpt before they finally release it.

I pre-ordered two from Toys2 yesterday. I'm hoping in time that I can sell the second and make enough off that to make the cost of the one I keep a little more palatable.

The Smooth Criminal is surely just a matter of time...

I'd really like to see a Grammy's/White House version over anything else - I really like his look there. I think a custom outfit on the Thriller figure could work well enough to make me happy.

18-michaelnancyreagan1984-at-the-white-house.jpg

his irises need to be bigger and darker... thats part of the likeness problem too i think

Via Hot Toys and Toys2.net its due out in this quarter (Q3) and maybe early Q4.

Oh I know, but I mean, it's not that huge of a delay. Maybe they're taking the extra time to tweak the sculpt? If that's the case, the wait is a good thing. At any rate it's nothing to get too excited about, imo.

I pre-ordered two from Toys2 yesterday. I'm hoping in time that I can sell the second and make enough off that to make the cost of the one I keep a little more palatable.

I'd really like to see a Grammy's/White House version over anything else - I really like his look there. I think a custom outfit on the Thriller figure could work well enough to make me happy.

18-michaelnancyreagan1984-at-the-white-house.jpg

That is a very cool look, reminiscient of the Beatles in Sgt. Pepper... Very cool. It would make an excellent figure.

Not sure i think the Photoshopped Pic makes it look more like Michael but I sure hope HT improve it so it looks more like him.

So the end-product will likely to look like which prototype? Latino Smiling MJ or the original MJ?

Latino Smiling MJ :rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back