HT jack sparrow (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh, you think you'll try dying his coat more black/grey to be closer to the film as part of your rework?

I agree with Medi Jack looking like POTC 1 version, I said that many times when people would comment on how much more loaded the HT figure is, I won't deny that the leather is better than plastic, but as far as quantity, Medi Jack covers what was there for his first film wardrobe real nice.

Not sure yet on the coat... Depends. I might, but I will have to see where I am at when the time comes. Seems like the right thing to do though.

Definilty one of the best straight out of the box figure out there...
When i opened it i saw a very fashionable doll figure. The jacket is superb to the stage that it's unSPARROW. The inner lining is too fashionable for a captain Jack to wear :D Not saying it's bad i freaken loved the details of the clothings!

Through JC Hong's paint supervision HT changed the skin tone through the use of different rubber material. To me skin tone is very camera FLASH friendly.

What ive also noticed is that J. Depp doesnt have broad shoulders so it looked a bit funny using HT body ... might have to do some modifications on that myself.

Jack sparrow has heaps of facial expressions through out the movies and Yuli sculpted the face looked to me as if sparrow has an evil smile. If you tilt the head downwards and looking from above you'll see that devlish look and with the mouth sculpted and painted like that...pure EVIL! :D

I got the figure last night... It's unbelieviable in terms of Quality, paint apps..all that stuff. Scale...It's massive, it towers of my HT Superman Returns and with the hat on is only half a head shorter than the HT Predator I have! He is, believe me or not, in prefect scale with my DC Direct line imo. Because Johnny Depp is like 5'8 or 7. He looks like his 6'1 or 2 next to all the rest. I love the figure to death, do wish the eyes were looking to the side, but I love it! I've got him displayed by himself on the best sides table...

BTW, I post some scale comparison shots tonight! ETA: 7hrs! :)

DPP_04.jpg

Likeness sucks, but everything else is the ****. Plus, wires in coat=win!

I got the figure last night... It's unbelieviable in terms of Quality, paint apps..all that stuff. Scale...It's massive, it towers of my HT Superman Returns and with the hat on is only half a head shorter than the HT Predator I have! He is, believe me or not, in prefect scale with my DC Direct line imo. Because Johnny Depp is like 5'8 or 7. He looks like his 6'1 or 2 next to all the rest. I love the figure to death, do wish the eyes were looking to the side, but I love it! I've got him displayed by himself on the best sides table...

BTW, I post some scale comparison shots tonight! ETA: 7hrs! :)

I've met JD face to face, he is surprising taller than I thought, I'd say at least 6 ft, maybe 6'1".

Check him out in "Donne Brasco" and you'll see what I mean. He ain't 5'7".

Jack Sparrow towering above the rest, that is just a testament to his greatness!

pjam, you met Johnny Depp? That's incredible, youre one LUCKY person.How was he like?

Jack Sparrow towering above the rest, that is just a testament to his greatness!

pjam, you met Johnny Depp? That's incredible, youre one LUCKY person.How was he like?

Very down to earth, he talked about his daughter and their life in France, south of Nice I think. It was a super secret video shoot at my Cousin's Loft here in town last December. I met his sister Christie too, who is is his manager and she is just as nice. I ended up taking a few wrap shots of him and the crew but have yet to get a copy from my Cuz.

Anyway, he is about as nice a person you could meet.

As I said in my last post... Love the Figure, but out of scale hard!

Grangewallis, I think the head stand too high on his neck, have you tried to push it deeper?
I have compared it with the one I have and its neck is shorter (head sits deeper)

And you have a very neice collection , the pose of Robocop is very cool :)

As long as he's in scale with Swann, I'll be happy. Another plus is that Jones and Barbossa will hopefully turn out taller than average as well. If I remember correctly, Sparrow could look both of them square in the eyes.

I've broken down and ordered my first Hot Toys figure: Captain Jack Sparrow! Not sure I'll be able to keep it, but I've wanted a great Jack figure since the first film, and since Sideshow doesn't appear to be able to ge the line, Hot Toys is the way to go. I just hope he is worth the price tag. I still don't see why he is so expensive (even more than Elizabeth for some reason), but I'm willing to give him a chance if I have the funds at the time of shipment.

It is better to order and have to cancel than to not order and want it badly after it is sold out, right?

Aren't they fairly in scale with Sideshow's figures (ie not an inch shorter like Medicom's)?

I just hope Barbossa and Davy Jones are in the works. Not interested much in Sao or Elizabeth.

Back