1/6 HT Iron Man Mark IV or Mark II Unleashed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, these after market prices are quite nice. I can understand people wanting to make a profit and the rarity of some items, but wow. I don't want to pay $400+ for a figure that came out at $185. That's just me. Eventually by reading these posts my sense of rationale will go out the window...I just hope my wife doesn't find out. Thanks for the posts so far. :dance

Thats the thing with figures that sold out 4 years ago, you're going to pay that kind of mark up. The Iron Man Hot Toys are not cheap to get into if you're looking to collect any back catalog, the property is just too hot. However once you have the figure in your possession, you will never look back. I'm 30+ figures deep into Hot Toys and I started collecting in 2011. If $400 scares you now, you might wanna get some diapers for what you total spending at the end lol.

Thats the thing with figures that sold out 4 years ago, you're going to pay that kind of mark up. The Iron Man Hot Toys are not cheap to get into if you're looking to collect any back catalog, the property is just too hot. However once you have the figure in your possession, you will never look back. I'm 30+ figures deep into Hot Toys and I started collecting in 2011. If $400 scares you now, you might wanna get some diapers for what you total spending at the end lol.

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Yes, I have considered upcoming figures instead of trying to get past figures.

One more thought on the II vs the IV: the IV hasn't been available for retail for some time, whereas the IIAU literally just sold out this week. I don't know for sure of course, but IMO from this point forward the IIAU will go up in price more than the IV. So a year from today the IIAU might cost you $100 more than it does today, whereas the IV costs about the same, maybe a little more.

I don't have or follow the IV suit, what is it going for these days? I know a lot of people consider it the most iconic look, but I believe the VI is actually the most expensive?

Mark IV hands down, the best of them all :)
Agreed. Really no comparison in my mind. I like monochromatic, but even so, Mark II AU is a little underwhelming if that is going to be the only IM in your collection. To me it's more of a variant armour.

Supposedly Hot Toys will be reissuing Marks III and IV in their diecast line at some point in the future. The diecast Marks also use ABS for the codpiece, so there is no fear of it fading with time and not matching the rest of the suit. Personally I wouldn't pay aftermarket price for the current Mark IV and am content to wait for the inevitable reissue.

I believe he had said that this wouldn't be his only Iron Man figure, but if it is then as much as I like the IIAU, that definitely wouldn't be the one and only Iron Man figure I would get. IV all the way if that is the case.

But seriously.....who has just one Iron Man figure. ;)

Agreed. Really no comparison in my mind. I like monochromatic, but even so, Mark II AU is a little underwhelming if that is going to be the only IM in your collection. To me it's more of a variant armour.

:exactly: For a single Iron Man display in your collection I'd think you'd want one that is instantly recognizable as RDJ/Iron Man - clearly the Mark IV - and you get a great Stark head sculpt.

Would anyone not in the hobby even know what the Mark 2 AUV was at 1st or 2nd glance? :dunno

I believe he had said that this wouldn't be his only Iron Man figure, but if it is then as much as I like the IIAU, that definitely wouldn't be the one and only Iron Man figure I would get. IV all the way if that is the case.

Hmm, well, true to some degree. Definitely even for the casual IM collector such as myself, it is tempting to buy various Marks. However, I'm proud to say I've yet to break down, lol. I have Iron Monger and War Machine SV, with plans to get Whiplash Mark II and hopefully diecast IM Mark IV. That's really all I'll ever need from the line unless they do a Hulkbuster.

:exactly: For a single Iron Man display in your collection I'd think you'd want one that is instantly recognizable as RDJ/Iron Man - clearly the Mark IV - and you get a great Stark head sculpt...
:duff

:wave

...and it's the MkIV.

I cancelled my PO for Mk II after initially being very excited about it. The rivets treatment and surface finish were not up to par for me. Haven't regretted it once.

The MK II is a cool looking figure no doubt, but if it's based primarily on representation of a character, I'm surprised anyone could really be having problems choosing between the two tbh.

Would anyone not in the hobby even know what the Mark 2 AUV was at 1st or 2nd glance? :dunno

Says the guy with the monochromatic iron man in his siggy. :nana:

Hmm, well, true to some degree. Definitely even for the casual IM collector such as myself, it is tempting to buy various Marks. However, I'm proud to say I've yet to break down, lol. I have Iron Monger and War Machine SV, with plans to get Whiplash Mark II and hopefully diecast IM Mark IV. That's really all I'll ever need from the line unless they do a Hulkbuster.

:duff

So......only four of them then? :nana:

I have both, but mark iv all the way. You can see from all the left over stock for the mark ii unleashed that it might not be that popular. Got it for retail even after more than a year from release.

Tell me about it. Got mine for about $140 MISB. Base your purchase on that. LOL

No Mark VI LJ? :panic:

Just one suit to represent the franchise does me, and I prefer the more classic suit :)

Picked up WM with the MkIV, had POs on MkI 2.0 and MkII before I came to my senses - cancelled the POs and sold WM. I'm just not a big enough fan to justify throwing the cash at more than a single IM figure.

Supposedly Hot Toys will be reissuing Marks III and IV in their diecast line at some point in the future. The diecast Marks also use ABS for the codpiece, so there is no fear of it fading with time and not matching the rest of the suit. Personally I wouldn't pay aftermarket price for the current Mark IV and am content to wait for the inevitable reissue.

:yess: .. in that case, a diecast Mark IV goes on the list! :bunnydanc :banana

:yess: .. in that case, a diecast Mark IV goes on the list! :bunnydanc :banana
AH if they are going to release diecast MKIV I should just wait for that! I wish that was confirmed! So many choices!!!!! I do really want the MKIV.

Thanks for all the posts, they are great.

I say get the one that you can find at the cheapest cost. Yesterday, on Ebay, I was able to find a "loose" Mark II for $145. Didn't hesitate but for a few minutes and bought him. I get him tomorrow too! This will be my first Hot Toy figure and eventually Selina Kyle will be my second, once BBTS ships it to me :yess:

Good luck!

Back