1/6 HT Iron Man Mark IV or Mark II Unleashed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGrat

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I am torn between these two figures. I don't own any figures right now and am looking to get one. If you had to choose, which one would you get any why?

Also wish I would have known about these figures back when they were released so I could have paid retail, but that's another story. Hopefully the releases that I am around for now will be priced similar to what these guys were priced for when they were initially released.

Thanks everyone.

Mark II Unleashed was in stock on BBTS few days ago for 250$.
From this 2 Id prefer Mark IV like more iconic one and better articulated. Plus RDJ HS, as I know.
Mk IV no doubt

I have Mark 2 AUV and I'm loving it. But in all honesty, I'd suggest you get the Mark IV one. Proportion is just as good, comes with Tony Stark headsculpt which to date is still among the best in terms of likeness to RDJ. Mark 2 AUV is good, but the articulation on the knees are limited, has Rhodey's headsculpt in one open helmet which quite resembles DC but no separate Rhodey head without the helmet but they give you a table and Mech-Test lower legs with light-up feature. Bad thing with Mark 2 AUV is that it won't sell for a good price. Hence my suggestion for you to get Mark 4 instead.

Now you see I had exactly the same dilemma. I only wanted one ironman to represent the "classic" look so I too went for a MkIV - loved it. (Even with Pink panties).

But I still couldn't get that MkII out of my mind so I caved in and bought him too. Much to my surprise I found I liked him way more!

Now I own 11 Ironman figures with another 5 on pre-order, be prepared to empty your wallet at the alter of Ironman.

MK IV is the typical Iron Man suit.

I'd go for that. But it will cost..
I have them all so right now i don't have to worry.
Yes, these after market prices are quite nice. I can understand people wanting to make a profit and the rarity of some items, but wow. I don't want to pay $400+ for a figure that came out at $185. That's just me. Eventually by reading these posts my sense of rationale will go out the window...I just hope my wife doesn't find out. Thanks for the posts so far. :dance

Now you see I had exactly the same dilemma. I only wanted one ironman to represent the "classic" look so I too went for a MkIV - loved it. (Even with Pink panties).

But I still couldn't get that MkII out of my mind so I caved in and bought him too. Much to my surprise I found I liked him way more!

Now I own 11 Ironman figures with another 5 on pre-order, be prepared to empty your wallet at the alter of Ironman.
I can easily see this happening!!!!! I saw a picture of the Mark II Unleashed standing next to the MKIV, and the MKII looked shorter. Is it really shorter?

So, the Mark IV is the most classic look? I'm looking to get an Iron Man myself. Just bought Superman, and was BLOWN away. But I'm sorta picky and I only want the best :)

Personally I'd say if they released a slightly re-tooled MkII AU (without the rivets), painted up in MkIII colours, that would be the ultimate "classic" look Ironman as it stands I'd go with the MkIV.

Not noticed a height difference with my MkII being shorter, I'll check when I get home.

You can't go wrong with either really I'd go for both depends how much you want to spend. If you want a classic looking iron man then the mark iv is your best bet. Won't be cheap tho

Firs of all, welcome to the forum!

The easy answer of course is - get them both. ;)

I'm pretty sure the Mk II unleashed armor is totally sold out now retail-wise, so you're left with Ebay or buying it here from a fellow Freak. The Mk IV is long gone, so the same goes for it and it will cost you more.

I'll go a different route and say that personally, I'd try to get a Mk VII for retail while you still have a chance. Unless you have something against that suit of course.

Oh and, this may be your first.....but you'll have no problem finding more Iron Man suits in the future. ;)

I'm pretty sure the Mk II unleashed armor is totally sold out now retail-wise, so you're left with Ebay or buying it here from a fellow Freak. The Mk IV is long gone, so the same goes for it and it will cost you more.

I'll go a different route and say that personally, I'd try to get a Mk VII for retail while you still have a chance. Unless you have something against that suit of course.

Oh and, this may be your first.....but you'll have no problem finding more Iron Man suits in the future. ;)

:goodpost:

Yes, thanks for this post! I would like to get both. I also considered trying to get a MKVII for retail, but I am not seeing anywhere that is not sold out. I thought my next chance for a retail purchase would be the XXI Midas, but I hope I am wrong. Thanks for the welcome cofphoto!

If I were you, I would collect the entire IM3 line as you can get it at retail right now and the quality arguably will be better, it's going to cost alot to get IM 1-2 stuff
487414_10151514443457344_1040430497_n.jpg

See look how cool this entire line up looks; plus add in "the mechanic" in there ;)

ps. IM mark 2 AU was my first ht figure exactly a year ago; and i dont know if i've had dumb luck with it, or its the most fragile HT i own as I broke it 3 different times, one of which happen last night, i had the empty Mask sitting around on top of a piece of paper, grabbed paper and head fell and magnet broke, no biggie, super glue to the rescue.

pps, buy super glue !!!

Oh and
Welcome to the Addiction :1-1:

Yes, thanks for this post! I would like to get both. I also considered trying to get a MKVII for retail, but I am not seeing anywhere that is not sold out. I thought my next chance for a retail purchase would be the XXI Midas, but I hope I am wrong. Thanks for the welcome cofphoto!

I see your thing says your from Ohio, theres a local shop here in PA (big bang comics) I believe still has some or one Mark VII if your interested;

I would consider the Mark 42 as well, since the paint design means you are less likely to get slight fading of the 'pants', which sometimes affects the figures with red in that area (due to the red plastic used for ease of articulation).. no-one seems certain exactly why some figures fade and other identical figures don't.

At the end of the day, which iteration of the figure you find most iconic is largely a matter of personal opinion.. and there are as many of those as there are fans of the films and comics. :)

At the end of the day, which iteration of the figure you find most iconic is largely a matter of personal opinion.. and there are as many of those as there are fans of the films and comics. :)

I don't care for the Mark 42 for some reason...Maybe it's the color scheme. You are right about the opinion, I will just have to decide!

Back