1/6 HT figures you swore you wouldn't buy, but ended up owning.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of my Iron man collection, I had to have the MK1 because it was so different, then the MK2 because it was silver then the MK3 because it was the definitive (LOL) Iron man by which time I convinced myself that the one figure per character rule didn't really apply to Iron Man to the point where I'm kind of obsessed with getting them all, except I can't afford to which is very frustrating.

Second to that would be LOTR, I bought the Asmus Saruman because it was just such an awesome looking piece and had that terrible thought 'one figure from the line will be fine for me' with no intentions of getting any others, now I have all of them.

For me, anything that wasn't covered in armor. I was okay with Iron Man or a stormtrooper but everything else seemed too much like a doll to me. Now here I am with 15 -20 figures. Which I realize isn't a lot for many people here, but it is for me.

Thankfully, I had planned out the figures I would want a few years back and I only have 3 more to go until I am done.

And none too soon see where prices have been going.

This sounds familiar. If you follow the usual script, in a few years you'll be back posting in a similar thread with a figure count of 30 to 40 (at least). :lol

I swore I wasn’t going to get Gladiator Hulk because I already have the AOU version but the temptation has grown over time until I preordered it today ...

Guess I’ll have to sell AOU Hulk, along with a bunch of other figures I’ve been dragging my feet on unloading haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot of figures this applies to for me, but homecoming spiderman is the most recent example.

Over time, I think I just Jones for something new.

I've stuck to my guns on a lot of figures though, I'm most proud of hulkbuster, it was a figure I was positive I would order, I saved reward points for a year, then I saw the price and thought no way bud, 850 was outrageous. 4 years later we would be lucky if the jackhammer arm version is less than a grand.

The next figure that will probably fit here will be vulture. I didn't like or dislike the film version, really not overwhelmed by sdcc, but over time will probably lament.

For me would be the Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman. I grew up with Clooney and Kilmer Batman and I've never been a supes fan. However I know they are very iconic and I was able to get each at a great deal so I'm keeping them for now. If I decide to shrink my collection they'll probably be amongst the first to go because they don't really hold any special meaning to me. I'm probably blaspheming here lol

Hot Toys Civil War Winter Soldier for me. Swore it was too close to the original release to be worth it. But then I ended up with every other Civil War figure and just wanted to complete it.

Then again, when I started I swore I only wanted the 3 original Iron Man figures, the two Batman outfits, a T-800, and maybe a Michael Jackson and then I would be done. 8 years and 200 figures later.....

ANH Leia...but then the head sculpt turned out really good and it was the only version of her I was interested in...and it helped me to complete the main character set.

I also swore I’d stick with Iron Man but couldn’t resist the 1st BP release which then led to picking up HC Spider-Man. However after missing out on the Mark 46 I sold both BP and SM for a nice profit so now I’m back to just Iron Man...except for Nick Fury, who somehow infiltrated my collection.

I swore I would only get Marvel MCU figures and then Rebreather Batman showed up. I now have the rest of the JL on order too. And somehow a few Star Wars guys showed up in my collection but all of hem were gifts from my wife so they don't count right?

Looks like hot toys is opening another new store, so should get some new exclusives like last time. Probably just repaints. And i would guess Star Wars themed but who knows. Also, we need a general marvel section discussion thread.

C73C62BA-4589-4362-B299-C05B0CACC2C1.jpeg

I guess aside from my WMIII, my AOU Thor should be squarely in this category. After vowing that there will be no Thor in my collection, I caved after Ragnarok as I like long hair Thor better than short, so I ended up getting the AOU Thor, weak ankles and all...

Not a figure I technically own as yet, but I remember I posted in the Hot Toys Ant-Man and the Wasp: Ant-Man thread a few months back that I wouldn't be adding a third Ant-Man figure to my collection as I already owned the first two and would only be getting Wasp (you can probably guess where this is going!)…

Today we went to see Ant-Man and the Wasp at the cinema and as I enjoyed it so much, yep, I pre-ordered it as soon as I got home! :slap :lol

The Iron Man suit-up Gantry - I held out for weeks but finally caved and ordered it - so excited it's coming!

The first 2 weeks Hulkbuster was up for pre-order. I thought the price was utterly ridiculous even if it was awesome.

Already saw the proto at Toy Soul, then went to Secret Base to see it again.

Was just starting a new career at the time and after a pretty good start, aw.... screw it need to reward myself, went ahead a ordered it.

I swear I would never get a Hawkeye, but I caved when the CW WM III got sold out. So I used my points on CW Hawkeye instead. Now I am so glad that for the first and only time, I have Nat and Clint together from the same movie! So happy!

Back