1/6 HT figures you swore you wouldn't buy, but ended up owning.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years after selling off nearly all of my Sideshow Star Wars 1/6 scale figures I swore blind that I would not get suckered into collecting anything from the Hot Toys Star Wars line...

Guess how that ended...(looks at a nearly full Hot Toys Star Wars detolf!!) :slap

My first hot toy was the Hulkbuster. I paid about $1200 USD for it.

At the time, I said this would be the only action figure I would get.

Then I said I should get the mark 43 to go along with it.
Then I said I should have the trio of iron man, captain america, and thor.
Then I said i said complete it with black widow and hawkeye.
Then I freed up some extra space on my Ikea Besta, so therefore I should get more figures to the extra shelves
Then I got an ikea detolf.

the list goes on...

I forgot to mention Rocket Raccoon. I was pretty committed to only doing Avengers and not doing any Guardians. Then I saw Rocket really cheap one day online and had extra cash so I got him. Then I thought well...maybe I should do the other guardians. But I didn't order anymore until I saw Guardians 2 and was blown away. Like the first film a lot and I know I'm in the minority but the second one was better for me in every way. I bought Drax, Starlord from volume 2, paying on a Yondu and got vol 2 Gamora on preorder.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Then I freed up some extra space on my Ikea Besta, so therefore I should get more figures to the extra shelves

the list goes on...

Pretty much exactly me, but without the Hulkbuster. I've already talked about it earlier in the thread I know, but I started with Arnies, got a Mark 43 because having an Iron Man appealed to me... Then I went Iron Man, Cap and Thor because they originally were the main characters (and all still get top billing in every movie)... next thing I had all 6 avengers. Then my OCD kicked in so I had to have all of the same line, so ended up with a couple of Thors and a couple of Widows.. Then Loki, then the rest of the older Thors, then Scarlet Witches, then pick up all the solo MCU movie leads...

I would never swear not to buy T1 or T2 stuff. Any other Terminator film I decided isn't worth owning high end collectibles from. My last mistake was the Guardian T-800. When he went in my FS thread I knew the Endoskeleton would likewise so I didn't buy it and I've never had any regret about that.

All of em, especially the three RoboCops, two Terminators, five stormtroopers, two Reys, two Star-Lords, two Rockets, four Black Widows, two Marty McFlys, three Groots, two Boba Fetts, two Lukes, three Caps, five Spider-Man’s....

I started with a diecast Iron Man. Since I was so far behind (started in 2017 after that order arrived), I thought I would just do the die cast Iron Man figures. There were a limited backlog and I thought I could catch up. Then Sideshow had the retro Bones for like $260 and free shipping. Now I have 15+ and only 8 are diecast.

the list goes on...
Yeah my story is pretty much the same except I got hooked with the original Iron Man Mk 7. Then I felt like I was missing something without the rest of the Avengers. 18 figures later and I'm still collecting. Hot Toys, you can never have just one.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I would say Netflix The Punisher. I just binged the series a couple of months ago and it blew me away so after watching it I immediately tracked down the figure. I was worried I would have to pay a ton for it but i got him for almost retail brand new.

The figure is now one of my favorites!!! :)

currently reading the Garth Ennis series too :)

Hulkbuster. Thought I didn't need it, and somehow convinced myself I did. But after a week now of owning, it is easily the centerpiece of my collection.

I always swore I wouldn’t delve into the Star Wars PT beyond RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan; I’m attempting to resist going for AotC Yoda and Dooku as well. :lol

For me, anything that wasn't covered in armor. I was okay with Iron Man or a stormtrooper but everything else seemed too much like a doll to me. Now here I am with 15 -20 figures. Which I realize isn't a lot for many people here, but it is for me.

Thankfully, I had planned out the figures I would want a few years back and I only have 3 more to go until I am done.

And none too soon see where prices have been going.

Back