1/6 HT figures you swore you wouldn't buy, but ended up owning.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This never happened to me. But I've noticed I started to care less about my old figures, it doesn't go to the point of regret but I just don't care. I don't see the point of keeping my Avengers Black Widow or Avengers Cap, I'm not gonna sell them or anything. But I just don't care, I might give them away if one of my friends really wants them.

Actually... Maybe the figure of Sheva fits this, I never really wanted it. I got it because it's pretty much the only figure I didn't have of that one line, I may as well get them all if there's only one left.

1/6 mk43. I really don't like that suit but I want all the main ones used in the films. It's still in the box stuffed away in the attic.

Suicide Squad Batman. Didn't think I'd get one, but it came up with a local supplier, so I nabbed it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All of the ones that I own. I was collecting PFs but they consume so much space, especially if you keep the packaging. Also, SS seems to be moving away from tailoring and more towards full sculpting, which isn't my preference. To me, the benefits of 1/6 figures, are that the actor/actress likenesses are much better than on a PF, the outfits are tailored, and they take up much less space. Plus you can change the pose and swap out more accessories. PFs have more limited display options.

I just started collecting HT this year, somehow already have 12 in my collection and another 12 on order.
A lot of people here complained about PFs being tailored and wanted fully sculpted instead so I guess they got their wish!

Anyways, early on I told myself I wouldn't get the original Mark VI because I had the SS maquette. Later on I regretted it as I had already collected all the previous Marks and was able to get the Avengers promo version when it came out.

In more recent times I told myself I wouldn't get recolours unless they were HPP a la Mark 43 and 47 yet I have those soooo I'm basically an Iron Man 'completionist' minus special editions like stealth, retro etc.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Civil War Black Widow-My HT collection was still fairly small so it seemed too similar to the Winter Soldier version and wasn’t too impressed with the sculpt. Saw it in a comic shop after Christmas and had to have it. Great decision.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Rocket-Had the first version so I didn’t see the point but I sold stuff off and had the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the one that comes to mind is the Spiderman homemade suit. I laughed when it 1st went up for order and wondered who would ever want that. I watched the film and now i own it :lol

BvS Knightmare Batman & Suicide Squad Batman. Swore I wouldn't buy the new Affleck version & would just stick to the multiple Nolan-verse figures in my collection. But these looked so good I broke down and picked them up.

Rocket & Starlord, did'nt plan on getting any of the guardians figs......also said I'd only got one of each character and have the mk6 as my one iron man but just ordered the mk7 a couple of days ago.

Hulkbuster. Once he sold out and was going for too much (1400ish) I wrote him off. But then someone listed him for 700 a few weeks ago and I literally couldn’t say no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every single Hot Toys I've ever owned. (I've had to sell most of them recently, though, both to make room for newer ones and I need the money), but I remember my first year of uni getting two play Arts Kai figures, Garrus from Mass Effect and Master Chief. I remember how both of them were £60 and thinking they were expensive, and seeing a Hot Toys, and saying to myself and my brother I'd never spend that much on them.

Since then I've owned:

The Crow
Mark 42 Die Cast
Thor Dark World
Amazing Spiderman
The Wolverine
DX12 Batman
Amazing Spiderman 2
Captain America AoU
Mark 43 Die Cast
BvS Batman
Suicide Squad Batman
BvS Armoured Batman
BvS Superman
BvS Wonder Woman
Deadpool
Harley Quinn
Purple Coat Joker
Tuxedo Joker
Arkham Asylum Joker
1/4 Joker
1/4 Mark 42
DX15 Jack Sparrow
MKVI Die Cast
Dark Side Anakin

I remember even thinking, nope, never touching Star Wars :')

Initially it was just going to be characters I absolutely loved (that's why it started with the Crow), and then it turned into A really like this character and they look cool, AND HT have done an incredible job.

Baby Groot, Terminator: Genisys Arnie, Stealth Mark III (SS black Friday sale), CW Hawkeye.

Every single Hot Toys I've ever owned. (I've had to sell most of them recently, though, both to make room for newer ones and I need the money), but I remember my first year of uni getting two play Arts Kai figures, Garrus from Mass Effect and Master Chief. I remember how both of them were £60 and thinking they were expensive, and seeing a Hot Toys, and saying to myself and my brother I'd never spend that much on them.

Same thing for me. Never thought I'd be spending $200 plus for figures. I began collecting Marvel Universe, Legends, and Select figures - around the $20 range. Then it was Neca, import Japanese figures - Figuarts, Play Arts Kai, ArtFx, 3rd Party Transformers - then finally the Hot Toys. With each increase, I was able to justify it to myself by saying is was only $20-$30 more. Went from $10 Marvel Universe figures to $400 Hot Toys Iron Man figures. I think I may have finally reached the limit that I'm willing to trick myself into justifying.

The 1st AntMan just because it’s Paul Rudd, but then the figure looked amazing & folded lol

I swore I would never buy a Hot Toys Iron Man. Eventually, my wife bought me a Mark IV. Eleven more figures later, she must really regret that gift.

Back