HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

Haha!

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

Like many of you Hot Toys/ Sideshow 1:6 figure collectors out there, I am not completely convinced the soon to be released Han Solo is Harrison Ford likeness accurate. So, I created my own custom. Please, check it out on You Tube and feel free to offer up any honest opinions. I thank you in advance for doing so. Respectfully, KalelKC. . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ1NCT1FVUk

Woot woot just scored a DX05 Loose figure + main accessories!! Now normally I wouldn't think of getting any figure without a perfect box, shipper box and everything included and such but this figure is currently going for $400 to $450 and I already pre ordered T.O.D. and since I refuse to have doubles i figured at $180 it was a no brainer! So if Im not happy with the new one ill just sell both and get a complete Dx5, or sell the loose figure and be content with the new one, buuuuut Ive always wanted to replicate the boulder scene so the new one better be real good.
So this is what I have so far, still have to add the vines coming down from the top and Im going to replace the 7" boulder to a 10" to look more accurate and plus it will help to fill out the back.

2015-01-23 16.57.05.jpg

2015-01-23 16.56.22.jpg

2015-01-23 16.57.55.jpg

I just got this Indy. To the people who already have this, does this look right to you?

It looks like someone applies some gloss or lacquer to his face. Maybe to make it look like he was sweating or something. Also note the brown paint on his right ear. Does anyone else have this?

thanks.
I bought it here. When I raised the issue the seller said I could remove the gloss/lacquer. But 1. I shouldn't have to. I think painting the face of a HT figure is a material alteration, and 2. Why risk damaging the face even more by apply even more chemicals?

I did ask if we can arrange some refund given I have to buy a new sculpt. The alternative is to file with PP and get a full refund.

Its pretty bad the seller didn't state the sculpt had been modded. If it was bought from here, then they definitely know better.....

....on the other hand its a bad sculpt (yes I owned at one point) and that sweat effect definitely improves the figure....

Its pretty bad the seller didn't state the sculpt had been modded. If it was bought from here, then they definitely know better.....

....on the other hand its a bad sculpt (yes I owned at one point) and that sweat effect definitely improves the figure....

I agree with this Gent, I think the mod looks good or at least the effect (probably less is more in this case) But just out of principle and by his response it seems like he knew he was being shady about it! I would ask for something back, theres no way I would sell something with an obvious mod and not disclose it!! its just bad business and theres no way around it, it was intentionally left out! buuut thats just my 2 cents!

Woot woot just scored a DX05 Loose figure + main accessories!! Now normally I wouldn't think of getting any figure without a perfect box, shipper box and everything included and such but this figure is currently going for $400 to $450 and I already pre ordered T.O.D. and since I refuse to have doubles i figured at $180 it was a no brainer! So if Im not happy with the new one ill just sell both and get a complete Dx5, or sell the loose figure and be content with the new one, buuuuut Ive always wanted to replicate the boulder scene so the new one better be real good.
So this is what I have so far, still have to add the vines coming down from the top and Im going to replace the 7" boulder to a 10" to look more accurate and plus it will help to fill out the back.

View attachment 160797

View attachment 160798

View attachment 160799

Great deal you got on fig. That looks awesome !

I bought it here. When I raised the issue the seller said I could remove the gloss/lacquer. But 1. I shouldn't have to. I think painting the face of a HT figure is a material alteration, and 2. Why risk damaging the face even more by apply even more chemicals?

I did ask if we can arrange some refund given I have to buy a new sculpt. The alternative is to file with PP and get a full refund.

Indeed. Buyer falsely informed you. It also has the brown paint on his ears that's clearly not intended as a mod, but is actual damage. Besides that I do think the eyes look better and the gloss looks okayish.

Looks like a bad gloss sweat mod on face. Send it back. Do not try to remove that yourself. The paint on Indy's face comes off very easily.

hey guys, just curious, i might e interested in picking one up. but I'm not sure if the brown jacket will peel over time.any inputs?

Just received mine today, and loved it! Everything looks just spot on (including likenesses)! It's one of those figures that photos don't do justice...so much better in hands.

Ps: sorry for the Man of Steel codex instead of the idol...I'm using it while I don't get one (it was bought in parts at EBay).

How not to love this figure???

226683a596cebb81accf216d451b55d8.jpg

42fd4d7c2ddca47de76902d73ada527a.jpg

3a2fbded588b9ed2955c2b1ea9b6103f.jpg

846917fb5352b1a81d596fd9f09ad04d.jpg

I know the light is a little bit strong on this one, but it's just to show that the eyes are not as deep as people say because of the PERS system:

388e55241d5f53553c0e69e8db5c689a.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

hey guys, just curious, i might e interested in picking one up. but I'm not sure if the brown jacket will peel over time.any inputs?

Yeah, it's a paint sprayed onto fabric, and nearly all the Hasbro pleather/leatherette has peeled, but that took 10+ years. HT does have a few issues such as the ED209 and TDK rubber peeling, but I haven't heard of any HT pleather peeling as yet. Be careful if you weather the HT jacket - there are very faint lines in it that become far more obvious if you sand/distress the jacket a bit too much.

Given the way they took the Terminator jackets, it's unfortunate HT didn't go with real leather for Indy's jacket, though it'd probably have been too thick to look right.

Just received mine today, and loved it! Everything looks just spot on (including likenesses)! It's one of those figures that photos don't do justice...so much better in hands.

Ps: sorry for the Man of Steel codex instead of the idol...I'm using it while I don't get one (it was bought in parts at EBay).

How not to love this figure???

I know the light is a little bit strong on this one, but it's just to show that the eyes are not as deep as people say because of the PERS system:

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

It's a fun figure to play with.:)

Just wanted to ask. But didn't somebody here detach the sculpt from the PERs and remove some of the plastic (along with the guyliner obviously) to thin down the face? I just remember somebody doing this, and actually making the HT sculpt pretty spot on. Am I just remembering this wrong???

Someone was just showing pictures in the past few weeks of an eye cut-down in the modifications thread. It doesn't (can't) make the sculpt look spot-on however, because the eyes are by far the least that's wrong with this likeness.

Back