HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are real????? They aren't someone's customs????

WOW...

Hitler goes for big money nowadays, MSRP'd at $90 just a couple of years back. That last one is maybe the third iteration of him? I really wanted him because I have a small collection of historical figures... But I just couldn't bring myself to have a Hitler on the shelf.

There's an LED in the ceiling?

Yup, three 5mm white in a cluster above the statue, and one on each top front corner of the shelf. There's also one near the floor behind the altar, but I'm going to have to move Indy back a bit and replace that LED with a piece of LED ribbon to better light him from below.

I hope I'll be able to show some new images of this scene in the next couple of days, because it's insane how much more like Harrison Ford this sculpt looks with more dramatic lighting and shadows. It's an OMG moment after replacing the uplighting LED and adding a CTO (color temp orange) filter to it for a nice warm glow. A little bit of work to make a support for the new LED module and then a bit more moss to cover it up, then wait for nightfall for the photo.

Thanks, much appreciated!

With vines. And bushes. ;) Silver lace vines I cut from a friend's backyard and moss I got from another friend's yard. I've had both sitting around for months - so the green in the moss is stable and won't go brown.

Oh… and hot glue!

I thought they might have been real but I couldn't tell from my phone.

Oh, and thanks for fixing my mistake.

DSCF2079_zps7b3d4f16.jpg

Whoops!!!

Ugh. To each his own, but it's unconscionable to have those in my house. And then to have them sieg heil-ing? That doesn't bother you? Unless you're completely naive to the atrocities during WW2.

Ugh. To each his own, but it's unconscionable to have those in my house. And then to have them sieg heil-ing? That doesn't bother you? Unless you're completely naive to the atrocities during WW2.

I agree with you Fiend. I couldn't even bring myself to have one in my house packed away in a box, let alone on a display.

I completely agree! The thought of having those murdering bastards in my house would send me over the edge. Disgusting figures. DID should be ashamed putting them out in the first place.:cuckoo:

I completely agree! The thought of having those murdering bastards in my house would send me over the edge. Disgusting figures. DID should be ashamed putting them out in the first place.:cuckoo:

Agreed! When I read this thread for new comments, I refuse to even look at those figures.

Love the customs, I bought the head and body and am in two minds whether to do a temple whit tux or just buy the trousers and shirt

They seem to sell on Ebay...surprising...but I think my neighbours with stain glass swastikas in widows on their house is surprsing too.

Hello guys,

Has anyone here use the Hasbro Indiana 12inch figure with the DX05 desert outfit ? Would be interested on how that looked ... if it is in scale with HT Indie because it seems the cheapest alternative to having a second Indie as the desert outfit is really BOSS.

Thanks !

You could always buy some random HT knock-off or DML or DID or… body on eBay for $15-20 plus a knock-off head sculpt. A little more spending if you already have the Hasbro doll, but should look a lot better.

With the right lighting this head sculpt looks amazing. It's a great looking sculpt already, albeit one that doesn't necessarily capture Harrison Ford very well for the most part, but shadows make a world of difference. There have been some very nice repaints as well that make it look much better under full light.

The chances of Hot Toys doing another one are probably very slim. The chances of Sideshow doing another one are probably much less slim, but not something I'd expect any time soon - they've already done their own, licensed out to Hot Toys for DX05 and licensed out to Medicom for theirs. That's a lot of Indies over the past few years. If we did see another Sideshow release, it would most likely have to be different in some capacity.

Personally, I wouldn't trade DX05 for any of the others.

With the right lighting this head sculpt looks amazing. It's a great looking sculpt already, albeit one that doesn't necessarily capture Harrison Ford very well for the most part, but shadows make a world of difference. There have been some very nice repaints as well that make it look much better under full light.

The chances of Hot Toys doing another one are probably very slim. The chances of Sideshow doing another one are probably much less slim, but not something I'd expect any time soon - they've already done their own, licensed out to Hot Toys for DX05 and licensed out to Medicom for theirs. That's a lot of Indies over the past few years. If we did see another Sideshow release, it would most likely have to be different in some capacity.

Personally, I wouldn't trade DX05 for any of the others.

I think there is a big chance Sideshow might do another one.
They are still sculpting new Han Solo Harrison Ford's so not a big jump at all.

Both Hot Toys and Sideshow both stuck to Raiders figures.
(and SS and Medicom did Crystal Skull as well....)

Snake Plissken is a good indication Sideshow are still thinking about pursuing smaller licenses.

A Temple of Doom figure set and a Last Crusade set are still a very real possibility from Sideshow I think !

When it was in stock I stared at it everyday debating.....I'm kinda pissed I passed on it but it just doesn't look like ford to me.....now if I want one I'll have to suck it up and pay crazy prices for a figure I am not sold on, but a character I love.....damn it.

When it was in stock I stared at it everyday debating.....I'm kinda pissed I passed on it but it just doesn't look like ford to me.....now if I want one I'll have to suck it up and pay crazy prices for a figure I am not sold on, but a character I love.....damn it.

What's the figure going for nowadays?

Back