HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny, cuz I thought I clicked on the "Indiana Jones in hand images" thread, but somehow I got redirected to the "Same old tired debate over HT's HF HS- likeness" thread...bummer.

from what i can tell, its very hard for most companies to get harrison fords head sculpt just right. no company it seems so far has gotten it 100% right, and likely never will maybe.

anyway, i finally recieved him today, SOO happy with him! i really think he looks much better in person. the clothes fit him just right! its just amazing. i am not useing the stand unforunatly, as it wont fit on the shelf, but the fertitlity idol and podium im useing obviously. im amazing at the level of detail they went through with this guy. its just staggering. you dont see everything right away. but after a while its like WOW. right now, my HT collection is small, only have Superman and Indy but next on the list is keaton Batman, but that will probably be in march. but its so cool haveing 2 of the greatest 80's icons in all there glory on my shelf. i got indy with the gloves on with his pistol in hand and in the hand holding the journal standing next to the idol stand. its just incredible, couldnt be happier with this figure. and i do love the PERS eyes. this is my first DX figure so i find it so neat to be able to move his eyes around and be able to do different poses!

Nope, I can never let this go! :D

It's just surprising to me how some people really seem to think that this looks just like HF. So naturally when someone comes in and says, "I don't know what everyone is complaining about. This look just like HF!" I can't help but be amazed and voice my astonishment.

i am exactly the opposite, so i guess it comes down to OPINION. your not right, im not right. it seems its pretty split, 50 likes the sculpt and thinks its very good, and the other half just think it completely sucks. very interesting. sure its not precisly like ford, but wow, with all the positive of the figure, a head sculpt that is just a little bit off is really upsetting you this much? why did you even buy the figure then? it makes no sense if your gonna complain about it this much. its a very good ford sculpt, but its just not up to YOUR standard.

i am exactly the opposite, so i guess it comes down to OPINION. your not right, im not right. it seems its pretty split, 50 likes the sculpt and thinks its very good, and the other half just think it completely sucks. very interesting. sure its not precisly like ford, but wow, with all the positive of the figure, a head sculpt that is just a little bit off is really upsetting you this much? why did you even buy the figure then? it makes no sense if your gonna complain about it this much. its a very good ford sculpt, but its just not up to YOUR standard.

It's not fifty fifty and it's not just a little bit off it's A LOT off. Sideshows sculpt is not he same standard but they sure trumped them on likeness.

Also the clothes don't fit just right,.. They barely fit at all. No way this should have been on the muscle body.

Anyways I'm really not trying to dampen your excitement, honestly I'm not I'm all for little plastic treasures... But by the sounds of things you've got only two hot toys, when you have as many as we do you will start to find yourself less impressed with the things that are a given about hot toys like sculpt and paint quality, detail, accessories, moveable eyes, whatever and find yourself more critical about the overall integrity of how the character was captured.

I remember a few years ago I could never imagine owning anthing as cool as the first Heath ledger joker. Now I'd use that thing as a doorstop if I hadn't already sold it a long time ago.

see there you go again, stateing your opinion as fact. again, if you dont like the sculpt, good for you, but that doesnt mean its true. i do see ford in there, its a shame you dont. its pretty obvious. i think you ppl must enjoy being picky and whining over practically nothing. its really strange.

and please dont compare this indy to that ledger figure. thats not even in the same cailber. this indiana joens figure, even if we cant agree on the sculpt, you must admit in all other area's it beats most other "clothing" figures. trly impressive work. even if HT does do another indy somewhere down the line, i think they could only improve the sculpt as everything else on this figure is perfect.

Last edited:

thank you. glad someone here has some sense!

here are a few pics i just took. LOVE this guy! what really gets me is the realisticness. at certain poses, he looks like a real person. its quite amazing. HT ROCKS!

002epr.jpg

By wtfffffffffffff at 2012-02-21

003ncp.jpg

001zws.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still trying to decide whether to buy this figure. All of the comments are helpful but a little frustrating.
My take is that the eyes and fedora are throwing the look off. It seems that the head looks closer without the hat. Has anyone tried to make a custom fedora?
There's a youtube video review that realy looks pretty good until the fedora is put on. Problem is, what's Indy without the fedora?

I'm still trying to decide whether to buy this figure. All of the comments are helpful but a little frustrating.
My take is that the eyes and fedora are throwing the look off. It seems that the head looks closer without the hat. Has anyone tried to make a custom fedora?
There's a youtube video review that realy looks pretty good until the fedora is put on. Problem is, what's Indy without the fedora?

You know you can move the eyes around ? and you do know to use the wig that is in the box when you are using the hat, right ?

you could always pose him with the hat in hand......personally i like the hat you can get a couple of looks with the hat , pushed back and flush and down giving a shadow over the face

I think it's more the fedora but I don't have the figure.....yet.
The price point makes it a tough call.
I have the Sideshow pedestal already. I don't need another. The Sideshow pedestal is a lot better than the HT one. My opinion only. No comparison really.

Another unrelated question.
Almost every HT Indy on feebay is in China. Not all but alot.
Is it safe to buy these? Has anyone here done it? Does HT's give production numbers? Just wondering. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about knock offs of this figure if that's what you are asking, but no, HT doesn't generally release production numbers. If the feedback of a seller is good, then I wouldn't be too wary of buying. But Sideshow Collectibles, Big Bad Toy Store, and I think Cornerstore Comics still has him in stock in the U.S.

First off,CONGRATS Batfreak on your purchase!Just a word of caution,once you start(with Hot Toys) it's kinda hard to stop!It's a shame that Hot Toys didn't achieve the level of say CR Superman with this figure cause it had a lot of potential.IMO something else happened behind closed doors with this one just like with the ETD Bruce Lee figure.I can't see them putting so much into this just to have it packaged with a so-so head sculpt.To me it seems like they bit more than they can chew.I mean they had like what over 5 figures released during that time so one of them had to suffer and it's too bad that it was Indy.^_^

you could always pose him with the hat in hand......

Indy does'nt hold his hat. He wears it

personally i like the hat you can get a couple of looks with the hat , pushed back and flush and down giving a shadow over the face

Surfin is right here, the hat can be worn in any number of positions, tilts or angles. I've got no issue with the hat

I think it's more the fedora but I don't have the figure.....yet.
The price point makes it a tough call. .

The price point DOES make this a tough call, and that's a call only you can make
It is a shame that for most of us we can only go go by what we see in someone else's photos on the internet. it would be nice if you could inspect it at a local toy or hobby store or a friend had one you could actually see

I have the Sideshow pedestal already. I don't need another. The Sideshow pedestal is a lot better than the HT one. My opinion only. No comparison really.

I have both. It's hard to say which is better. They are just different. But, if you have one already, you don't need a second one and I can understand why you would'nt want to pay for another one

My girlfriend received the Indi DX package today, so I asked her to open the box and show it to me by skype. I then asked her who he is, she said "the doctor!" :rotfl
She doesnt watch too many "older" movies, but still she knows who he is.

I bought the clothes and accessories from the DX release for my custom. They're about the only good thing that HT did. The body and sculpt are just not Ford. They make this Indy look like his stunt double on roids. :lol

I agree. Its just a shame that person isn't Harrison Ford.

:slap:slap

thats your opinion. how many times do i have to say that?

as for the guy deciding whether to buy this figure, GET IT. its amazing how lifelike this indy is. i have no problem with the sculpt as others here did. sure its not the level of CR superman but its just amazing. the hat? there is NO problem with it. the hat looks awsome and accurate. the clothes fit him just right. there is no "mascara" that im aware of, and ive looked at this guy real good. again, the compaints arent really justfied, its an amazing figure. dont listen to the nonsense about his body and face "not being ford". those are a few comments from some extremly anel and jaded "harcore" collectors. this is defiently ford, especially att certain angles, hes defiently in there.

and the "roids" comment is rediculous. unless you plan on taking his clothes off and giving him a bandana with a machine gun, the body is terrific and the chest does look like fords, even with the chest hair.

Last edited:
:slap:slap

thats your opinion. how many times do i have to say that?

Of course it's all subjective, but notice how there's like one person defending it for every 6 -8 people saying the same thing. That the body and sculpt is off. Sometimes the majority is enough to govern an overall opinion.

Like I said the casual fan or the person who does not own a lot of these things might see it as fun and cool, but compared to what we are used to and what we pay for these things fun and cool and neat and resembles him enough for me to know who it is or my friend to say "it's that guy from the whip movie right?" or "but look his eyes move!! "Is simply not enough :(

They cheeped out on the body really... They should have engineered a brand new one, or at least a few parts to the muscle body to look even somewhat like his build. Or even they should have done his head oversized to compensate, even if he was a little off scale overall he looks like a pin head with the muscle body and the clothes just bulk up like crazy on it.

Karloff, if you're happy with the in-hand photos you see here, then go ahead and get it. If you're under the impression that it will look better in real life, then think again. It looks pretty much how it's photographed. Sometimes, during different times of day and under different lighting situations, you might get a fleeting glimpse of HF. But 90% of the time it looks just like these photos.

Batfreak, nice photos. Great pose. Although I find your comment about no mascara interesting since your photos clearly show the mascara. Okay it's not actual mascara we're all talking about--it's the subtle shading around the eyes that is darkened even more by the PERS system. It makes him look like he has raccoon eyes, which is clearly illustrated in your pictures. And no one is disputing the realism of the sculpt. It absolutely looks like a real person standing on your shelf. We just question how closely it resembles HF.

Back