HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for checkin out my videos bruvas , if ya have any questions please ask em through youtube comments , to the people who say he likes the sound of his own voice ..you know thats true , to the people talkin about snatch and lock stock thats cockney , i'm from north of england , and the people tryin to imply racism ....get a grip. and to all the people who left positive comments about me feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel , dont add me on here

This video sold me.

Looks a lot better in that vid. Still doesn't look too much like Ford, but looks like a more solid all round figure.

There are some fun bashes possible with this figure, I'm definitely gonna do a dirty TOD version and maybe a tux version. Which I have waiting..

Thanks for checkin out my videos bruvas , if ya have any questions please ask em through youtube comments , to the people who say he likes the sound of his own voice ..you know thats true , to the people talkin about snatch and lock stock thats cockney , i'm from north of england , and the people tryin to imply racism ....get a grip. and to all the people who left positive comments about me feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel , dont add me on here

I like your reviews....they are entertaining.....I didn't think it was racist....I just took as why would you ever pose him in the arabic costume when you have the iconic one already on him....maybe people took it another way....Can you push his eyes forward any because in some of the pics it looks like the PERS is too far in the back of his head from some of the early pics from HK...

Looks a lot better in that vid. Still doesn't look too much like Ford, but looks like a more solid all round figure.

There are some fun bashes possible with this figure, I'm definitely gonna do a dirty TOD version and maybe a tux version. Which I have waiting..

I agree, this is a good video that shows the figure is very good right up to the head sculpt which does not look like Indy at most angles that I can clearly see. However when the video shows a large shadow is cast over the eyes and the camera is to the left of the figure, I can see Indy. Anyone interested in this piece listen to the reviewer and learn some negotiating skills to get a lower price as I feel the full and now raised price is still too high. If the sculpt was at a 90% likeness instead of a 70% likeness I would pay $275 for this. At the moment I won't go higher up than $175. I really wish I could ignore the face but to me that is/was the most important part of this figure. I do wish all of you well who are excited for this. I can't wait to see the Temple of Doom customizations that come out of this figure as adding more stubble and a grittier look to the face would help it out. The shirt and pants look excellent, especially when it is taped down. The shoes look amazing and worthy of praise. I like the use of the magnets as well, very classy. (see, at least two praises for 1 negative ;) so don't have a cow peeps)

I do think that if Hot Toys releases the TOD Indy, they really need to use PERS on the monkey brains guy and stay away from it on the Indy figure.

I like your reviews....they are entertaining.....I didn't think it was racist....I just took as why would you ever pose him in the arabic costume when you have the iconic one already on him....maybe people took it another way....Can you push his eyes forward any because in some of the pics it looks like the PERS is too far in the back of his head from some of the early pics from HK...

I'd like to know this too. Can the eyes be removed as well. I would honestly try and shave down the inside of his head to get the eyes a little closer to looking normal.

I agree, this is a good video that shows the figure is very good right up to the head sculpt which does not look like Indy at most angles that I can clearly see. However when the video shows a large shadow is cast over the eyes and the camera is to the left of the figure, I can see Indy. Anyone interested in this piece listen to the reviewer and learn some negotiating skills to get a lower price as I feel the full and now raised price is still too high. If the sculpt was at a 90% likeness instead of a 70% likeness I would pay $275 for this. At the moment I won't go higher up than $175. I really wish I could ignore the face but to me that is/was the most important part of this figure. I do wish all of you well who are excited for this. I can't wait to see the Temple of Doom customizations that come out of this figure as adding more stubble and a grittier look to the face would help it out. The shirt and pants look excellent, especially when it is taped down. The shoes look amazing and worthy of praise. I like the use of the magnets as well, very classy. (see, at least two praises for 1 negative ;) so don't have a cow peeps)

I do think that if Hot Toys releases the TOD Indy, they really need to use PERS on the monkey brains guy and stay away from it on the Indy figure.

I'd like to know this too. Can the eyes be removed as well. I would honestly try and shave down the inside of his head to get the eyes a little closer to looking normal.

is it a bird?...... is it a plane?....

no, it's just boring, relentless repetition.

seriously, everytime i decide to delve into this thread i feel like there's been a glitch in the matrix.

I got asked in PM, what I like and what needs to be fixed. First off, for the price of this figure and all you get with it, if your an Indy fan, this is a real bargain.

I was the first one to call this figure a disaster, the one I saw it out of the box it looked terrible, and the jacket was too big. It did look terrible. Then I saw another when in my friends store, it looked better. I think that paint job is going to determine a lot with this figure.

Just yesterday, I had my pick of there different heads, the guy wouldn't let me take pics, but I swear that one "looked" thinner than the other two (again, the paint job maybe).

I don't like:

The "eye liner". Needs to be touched up badly.

The hat. It is not a Raiders hat and someone out there is going to make a killing making replacement hats.

Holster, Gunbelt & Whip. Mike Fisher and Joe Strain can help you there.

The boots need a repaint (get rid of the yellow stripe on the heel).

The jacket might need to be stretched a bit, but it IS Raiders accurate.

What I like, EVERYTHING ELSE. Price it out based on parts, what you get is pretty incredible.

I am 85% happy with this figure now. A great value for the money!

photo-91.jpg

I got asked in PM, what I like and what needs to be fixed. First off, for the price of this figure and all you get with it, if your an Indy fan, this is a real bargain.

I was the first one to call this figure a disaster, the one I saw it out of the box it looked terrible, and the jacket was too big. It did look terrible. Then I saw another when in my friends store, it looked better. I think that paint job is going to determine a lot with this figure.

Just yesterday, I had my pick of there different heads, the guy wouldn't let me take pics, but I swear that one "looked" thinner than the other two (again, the paint job maybe).

I don't like:

The "eye liner". Needs to be touched up badly.

The hat. It is not a Raiders hat and someone out there is going to make a killing making replacement hats.

Holster, Gunbelt & Whip. Mike Fisher and Joe Strain can help you there.

The boots need a repaint (get rid of the yellow stripe on the heel).

The jacket might need to be stretched a bit, but it IS Raiders accurate.

What I like, EVERYTHING ELSE. Price it out based on parts, what you get is pretty incredible.

I am 85% happy with this figure now. A great value for the money!

photo-91.jpg

i think you have a fair point, ive been looking at parts and starting to wonder if its better value to by the whole figure and sell what i dont want. i like the look of it in that pic too. theres only a handful ive seen so far that make me wobble and think about buying

usually I don't like human sculpt by medicom, but this time I think indy headsculpt by med is more like ford than hot toys one...

2n9etc4.jpg

usually I don't like human sculpt by medicom, but this time I think indy headsculpt by med is more like ford than hot toys one...
https://i55.tinypic.com/2n9etc4.jpg

You're right, the general structure of the face is more accurate even though it is not even remotely as detailed or realistic looking. You have to admit the Hot Toys paint job is amazing, just as good as the new Chris Reeve Superman sculpt. The Hot Toys Indy piece is beginning to grow on me and I do understand the love it is getting. I do love to look at all the different poses and excellent photography work by many forum members. That is what keeps me coming back.

shadowfla, you may want to take a look at this link below since it might give you insight as to why you don't see Indy in the sculpt. There is no need to talk about the differences anymore which is why I am showing you where it was already talked about. An entire thread was closed because the discussion will never end since many love the piece and many find the sculpt off. In the end, Hot Toys has come up with a fine looking toy and it shows promise for future (cough*Temple of Doom cough*) DX figure. I certainly will get that one if the sculpt is improved.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3888917&postcount=177

I was going to comment on that but couldn't remember how he worded it. :lol

The one part I'd like to see and dude gets all racist on us.

I didn't take it as racist. I took it like he's Indiana Jones and he's immediately identified by his typical "adventure gear," and displaying him in anything else would be kind of :dunno:

Back