HT Drake: simple improvement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Daystrom

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got a HT Drake from a eBay seller. This is my first USCM purchase, and I was really impressed with the figure, but depressed by the ugly red moustache and muttonchops they slapped on the figure (i'm aware issues can come up licensing actors likenesses, but YUCK....)

Anyway I'm going to do a full repaint eventually, but I decided to at least attempt a quick fix for the time being. I used a small amount of Goo Gone Extreme on a Q-Tip to wipe away the offending facial hair. Worked really well disolving the moustache and sideburns, and didn't hurt the hair paint, etc.

Here's a stock shot as a memory refresher:

6321_press19-001.jpg

And here's my quick fix:

Drake1.JPG

Drake2.JPG

Yes, he still needs a real paintjob, including accurate blond hair, but at least I don't cringe looking at his face on the shelf now...

p.s. I'm currently trying to put together a display set of the Hot Toys USCM figures. If anyone has a lead on a semi-reasonably priced Hicks, Apone or Vasquez, please feel free to driop me a PM)

Last edited:
such a shame these figure's are so badly flawed :monkey2:monkey2 not beyond fixing but still annoying. good job there dude :rock

Back