HT Captain Dallas (mini review + pic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Sonny Bono to me. But I am good with it. That whole "don't care if the sculpt looks like the actor" attitude of mine really steps in to help out in times like these.

So I guess Dallas is now the one to own. Before the likeness refusal it would have been Kane. Annoying, as someone else said, that not only does the sculpt not look like John hurt but they still felt the need to put a moustache on him - now we've got two beardy space-men.

After seeing the Kane sculpt, I have come to appreciate Dallas even more!
I can't help myself from snapping pictures of it.

Bring on the Alien! :rock

pic027-2.jpg

pic022-2.jpg

pic005-2.jpg

pic012-2.jpg

pic017-2.jpg

pic021-1.jpg

pic018-1.jpg

Great photos, Facebox. Where's the facehugger from?

That facehugger is from the HT AVP-R Alien Warrior, but you can also get one with an AVP (Brown) Alien Warrior. ;)

McFarlane and Konami also make 1:6th facehuggers, but those aren't (bendy wire) posable.

great pics Facebox!!! what are your thoughts on his head being too low in the mask?

It's simply because of the materials used.
When I push the helmet down, it looks perfect. But, as you can see....it pops right back up again. It's mainly due to the white padding at the base of the helmet. I guess it can be cut down a bit, but I wouldn't risk it with this whole rubber suit thing.

Doesn't bother me much at all though.
IMO it comes with the territory. Just like some of the helmets on the Colonial Marines being too high on their heads.

It's simply because of the materials used.
When I push the helmet down, it looks perfect. But, as you can see....it pops right back up again. It's mainly due to the white padding at the base of the helmet. I guess it can be cut down a bit, but I wouldn't risk it with this whole rubber suit thing.

Doesn't bother me much at all though.
IMO it comes with the territory. Just like some of the helmets on the Colonial Marines being too high on their heads.

good to know. i know you are pretty demanding on accurate alien figures, so if you like it, it's good enough for me. :)

Just looking at those pics I was trying to think of things Dallas said in the film - turns out Alien isn't the most quotable film is it? - probably part of its appeal - it had no place for crowd pleasing one-liners the likes of which Alien resurrection tried and failed to get by on.

It's both, Dallas says it when Ripley and he are arguing over trusting Ash's decisitions about the facehugger and all.

Oh yeah....:eek:

*goes to watch the alien saga*

BTW, anyone think FOX will be releasing the Quadrilogy on Blu-Ray anytime soon?

My Dallas arrived today and its awesome. I love it.
One of my fave figures now definitely. My stand s bent up though on the side with the egg.
Hopefully I can bend it back into place with a little heat ! :rock

thanks tigerfeet. :rock

Ok get this , a warning for you guys who ordered these from over seas sellers.
I ordered both Kane and Dallas from ABC Express and paid about a week after they went on sale there. They sent me Dallas and he arrived two days ago so I sent them an email asking where Kane was.
They said " we didn't know you ordered him ".
I'm like " WTF ". Obviously the item number on ebay doesn't do anything anymore since its been over 60 days. I just sent them the old email where they confirmed my payments for orders.
If I were any of you guys and you haven't received one of these guys yet I would check with them to make sure they have you down before they sell out !.

Back