HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS in AUGUST (or later)

Per Sideshow's Facebook page:

"Get ready for some exciting pre-orders this week!!!!"
Well. . .it doesn't get any more vague than that IMO :lol

I actually expect a number of Sideshow releases announced at SDCC to come sooner than the HT figures. Boba Fett, etc.

Further, I wouldn't be surprised if the HT exclusives weren't pre-orders at all.

263747_10150228139032344_58690437343_7555643_2960608_n.jpg

See those prongs on the side of the belt? Is that so the grapple gun can connect on?

The grapple gun attaches to the back of the belt.

I'd rather the Begins figure was just a sale, as Kara said, the sooner I get it, the better.

Did Hot Toy's OC Batman have the prongs to hold the Batarangs?

Last edited:

Did Hot Toy's OD Batman have the prongs to hold the Batarangs?

OC Batman? Yes. They barely stay on to the belt. All you have to do is look at it and they fall off.

Just watched the movie again this weekend.... uuuggghhhhh I want this figure so badly! Can't wait for the new movie either...

The in-hand pics aren't doing much for me. Looks less good than OC Bats to me, in fact, with the regular mouth. And the other mouths do look a bit odd. I was originally most interested in this for the angry mouth, but it really doesn't seem to work like the DX Bat-mouth does.

But I know first hand how difficult it is to take good pics of this guy unless you have a really nice camera, so I'll chalk it up to that.

The in-hand pics aren't doing much for me. Looks less good than OC Bats to me, in fact, with the regular mouth. And the other mouths do look a bit odd. I was originally most interested in this for the angry mouth, but it really doesn't seem to work like the DX Bat-mouth does.

But I know first hand how difficult it is to take good pics of this guy unless you have a really nice camera, so I'll chalk it up to that.
:goodpost::exactly:

Looks like crack head Bruce with these recent pics.

Classic bad photo syndrome.

Bad photos can make things look off, especially the human face. You probably can take 10 photos of yourself each looking different from the last.

Once more collectors have this and shoot it well, people rave on how perfect it is. :dunno

Compared to the proto. this looks terrible:slap. WTF!..happened?:mad:
I'm sure the photo quality is playing a role here. Initial pics are often really bad. When OMG gets his hands on this, then we'll see what it really looks like IMO.

For comparison:

267956_10150228139347344_58690437343_7555651_4285064_n.jpg
223802_193115024083829_138228759572456_552865_6914963_n.jpg

Mainly a poorer paintwork & deeper gaunt looking lines either side of nose, under eyes.

Edit: this pic is more honest too me, OMG takes amazing pics, but my eyes don't have the benefit and lighting to see the figure like it is in gorgeous pics like OMGS' and HTS' pics.

The above HTC looks more like what one will see when they look at the head, only it will be slightly better in person. Modern tech can make something look better than it is, that's why modelling is basically all photoshopped these day's with un-natural beauty.

I think HT's amazing preview shots were a combination of stellar one-of-a-kind paintwork and lighting perfection, not what the final product will be. On the shelf i imagine it looking similar to the HTC pic above.

Last edited:

Well this is the one to have! I hope I'm lucky ; ) Please sideshow let us know what's up /:-| it will be soooooooooo hard to go on living if i don't get one ;..(

For comparison:

267956_10150228139347344_58690437343_7555651_4285064_n.jpg
223802_193115024083829_138228759572456_552865_6914963_n.jpg

Mainly a poorer paintwork & deeper gaunt looking lines either side of nose, under eyes.

That's a perfect example of what proper lighting can do and what improper lighting can do. Nothing more, nothing less. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back