HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

I think I picked up the first one that showed up on eBay this morning.

It was $499 +$50/shipping. BUT...I had just received a $97 eBay Bucks certificate, sold my Gentle Giant 12" Fett for $200, and sold the other GG 12" Jumbo figures for what I paid for them (didn't care for them) to some of my fellow RS forum members. So I had $612 to play with. I didn't have any solid plans for the money I had from selling things. I was actually toying with the idea of saving up for a HT Tumbler...I didn't know this figure was coming out until I checked their Facebook page last night so the timing just worked out for me.

I already have the DK OC, but didn't pay through the nose for it. I've picked up each one of these as soon as they've been released, so I haven't had to pay more than retail, except for the Scarecrow I paid @ $250.

I just didn't want to pass up on the chance to get it with all the other people out there who still needed the original costume...and that sculpt of Bale just kicked it over the edge for me. I'm going to display it in the first night out costume in order to show the progression of the character through the films with my OC and DK deluxe.

:violin:horror

havent checked this thread for a little. any news on a PO? or if the regular public is even getting it?

I try to keep my collecting limited to just a few lines so I've got money set aside already for when something like this is released.

I have my complete Animated series figures from back in the days, my complete vintage Star Wars collection, and the Hot Toys Batman releases. They're actually the only collectibles my wife will allow me to display out in the living room. LOL I thought I would enjoy the GG Jumbo figures, but they just didn't do it for me. So I took that money and moved it over to this. I'm still mad I passed on the Tumbler though...had it reserved for $500, but wasn't able to follow through with the reservation at the time. Bummer.

I try to keep my collecting limited to just a few lines so I've got money set aside already for when something like this is released.

You still could've saved $200-300 and spent that on something else. Yes, you had money saved up but a little patience and you could've gotten more for that money.

You still could've saved $200-300 and spent that on something else. Yes, you had money saved up but a little patience and you could've gotten more for that money.

Why take the chance and miss out. If he wants to guarantee he get it and has the money then more power to him. Nobody know yet if Sideshow going to be carrying this or how it can be ordered. People talking about selling theire OC Batmans before they even know if they're going to be able to get this one.

Why take the chance and miss out. If he wants to guarantee he get it and has the money then more power to him. Nobody know yet if Sideshow going to be carrying this or how it can be ordered. People talking about selling theire OC Batmans before they even know if they're going to be able to get this one.

Because if you've been in the game long enough you know that you will not miss out. I guarantee at the worst ebay will be flooded with these and there will be ones under $500. At best Sideshow, Toy2 will carry these and you get them for even cheaper.

This happens with every Hot Toys convention exclusive. You are right, it is his money and the more power to him. Doesn't change the fact that it could be purchased for cheaper with just a bit more patience.

Last edited:

$550 eh...quite a lot but its your $ and thats all that matters. At least you know your covered.

Not necessarily. If for some reason HT don't ship this at the eta and it goes over 45 days from your p.o. you won't be covered squat by Paypal.

Because if you've been in the game long enough you know that you will not miss out. I guarantee at the worst ebay will be flooded with these and there will be ones under $300.

This happens with every Hot Toys convention exclusive.

Maybe, but how many people pay extra just to have a figure quicker? And I've 'been in the game' for over 15 years, and I know one thing, there are no guarantees.

Yeah, that Jamiroquia guy's sculpt was truly awesome. I wish he would put it up for sale.

LOL you mean Imaresqd1. It'll be up for sale soon

They feel threatened and compelled to defend the custom heads they bought. A-typical douchery. :monkey1

Not really, i've sold tons of customs before once something better came out :dunno

Just don't see that happening in this case.

Bale's lips have a very unique shape, and it's often an area where sculpts fail to look like him, his nose and lips are very distinct and if you mess them up, it becomes generic looking, like the Connor and first Wayne sculpts.

I don't think the lips on this BW/Batman faces are that great TBH. They look pretty much like Kojun's John Connor, plenty of room for improvement

I think I just pooped my pants....God I hope we can order these online somewhere. *prays*

Maybe, but how many people pay extra just to have a figure quicker? And I've 'been in the game' for over 15 years, and I know one thing, there are no guarantees.

What does paying extra to get a figure quicker have anything to do with it? You are changing the subject. He isn't going to receive the figure tomorrow anyways.

Here is one guarantee for you: Ebay will be flooded with these figures in a month's time and several of them will be less than $550. Mark my words.

Because if you've been in the game long enough you know that you will not miss out. I guarantee at the worst ebay will be flooded with these and there will be ones under $500. At best Sideshow, Toy2 will carry these and you get them for even cheaper.

This happens with every Hot Toys convention exclusive. You are right, it is his money and the more power to him. Doesn't change the fact that it could be purchased for cheaper with just a bit more patience.

What right do you have to put a limit on someone else's money? Who gives a ____ if he can get it for less or not. He paid what he felt it was worth, to him, and that's it. It's frankly none of your ____ing business anyway. :lol

Not necessarily. If for some reason HT don't ship this at the eta and it goes over 45 days from your p.o. you won't be covered squat by Paypal.

Been there, done that. And the stores I've used have allowed me to cancel and repay, resetting the 45 day limit. It's all about communication. :wink1:

LOL you mean Imaresqd1. It'll be up for sale soon

Not really, i've sold tons of customs before once something better came out :dunno

Just don't see that happening in this case.

Well, it ain't out yet, is it? :lol :moon

What does paying extra to get a figure quicker have anything to do with it? You are changing the subject. He isn't going to receive the figure tomorrow anyways.

Here is one guarantee for you: Ebay will be flooded with these figures in a month's time and several of them will be less than $550. Mark my words.

That people are willing to pay extra for these figures, whether to receive them earlier or to make sure they acquire one. And I hope you right about ebay so more people who want this can also acquire it. Myself, I plan on pick mine up at the SDCC.

That people are willing to pay extra for these figures, whether to receive them earlier or to make sure they acquire one. And I hope you right about ebay so more people who want this can also acquire it. Myself, I plan on pick mine up at the SDCC.

The problem is the seller doesn't even have it in hand yet. Wouldn't it be more of a guarantee to wait until a seller has it in hand to plunk down your money?

Anyways I'm done with this topic. Like you said it is not my money and people can choose to spend it the way they see fit. Just wanted to give some advice because $200-300 goes a long way towards your next purchase.

And I will be right about ebay! I guaranteed it :lol

That is nice, but people willing to spend that much aren't looking for advice on how to save money. :dunno

That is nice, but people willing to spend that much aren't looking for advice on how to save money. :dunno

Not for the moment anyway :wink1:

You don't have to explain yourself to anyone, let alone the cheap babybirds who think it's crazy because they're to broke to pay it.

It has nothing to do with being broke, or ABLE to pay it. It has to do with people buying at those stupid prices, and then scalpers go and see that and inflate the price because of what a couple sold at, ruining it for people who like to spend their money more intelligently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back