HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS in AUGUST (or later)

Since they already have the mold for the Tumbler and knowing people will buy it now, they can make 5000 of the Tumbler and make money. Then they can change the color to camo and make 5000 more and make more money.
After that, make a 3.0 Tumbler and repeat.

Accidentally repeated

Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS in AUGUST

With the brew-haha over greed, milking and the inevitible "if it's new i'll buy it" attitude to the Joker 2.0 and the interest inf the Batman and Joker 1989 versions.

I think HT are MONUMENTALLY STUPID to release this as a limited Exclusive this eBay auction proves that this money could be HT, if they made enough to meet demand. Instead they'll release another updated version later on to get that money, when they could've done it already.

Honestly though a figure should NEVER cost more than $250 at retail, and this only has one body, and limited accessories so not even that price, yet the auction is at $542 already. :slap

When you complain about high prices later, just know you did it to yourselves, spending silly amounts of money on this fig. :lecture

Just to add to this:

This fig looks great, but at the moment it's not near the top of my HT list, yet from what i can tell with the hype and excitement is that many of you are expecting this to sell for $300 or more at retail, which is just crazy to me.

Based on the fact that it's a 12-inch non-DX figure with 1 base, 1 body, interchangable faces/hands, second HS and a small amount of accessories.

What is the price you think it should retail at?

I would estimate no more than $210, that's the price of the current Iron Men and less that Indy which is DX with detailed bases and stands.

But i think with current HT pricing it should be slightly more than Captain America and Superman at about $190-$200 :lecture

But the T-1000 was/is a fantastic figure that retailed for less than Captain America yet came with 2 full outfits, 2 Heads and so many unique accessories it boggle the mind how prices have gone so steep, in getting less.

That Shadow Predator exclusive is listed at $225, and comes with next to nothing. For instance, the Tracker Predator and hound set was sold through SSC for $230.

Be expecting a price that makes you scratch your head and say ":WTF?"

"Rumor is that SS will have both HK Anicon exclusive Batman and Predator at normal volume ~ 2000 or more pieces each, for normal price ordering by next month! That is a few days or weeks away folks!!!

Even with shipping, it is cheaper than paying the scalpers! Don't buy the scalpers price and it will drop. It has too because he has between a 75K to 338+K USD hole in his pocket right now! "

From OSW

Good to know.

Sounds promising. :)

Somehow the final Bale HS doesn't seem as impressive as the prototype on display at SDCC. Maybe it's down to poor photography by the folks down at HTC..

Somehow the final Bale HS doesn't seem as impressive as the prototype on display at SDCC. Maybe it's down to poor photography by the folks down at HTC..

Isn't it the same exact head? :dunno :lol

2,000+ pieces. That's "normal" as in standard, non-exclusive numbers, right? Or maybe I'm just out of the loop and they produce their regular MMS stuff in 8k+ amounts. :lol

Isn't it the same exact head? :dunno :lol

I dunno...something seems amiss...maybe its's the bad photos that make him look pale somewhat.

Compare this:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....193114674083864.49790.138228759572456&type=1

To the one displayed at SDCC.

Well, the prototype is often a one-of-a-kind (or very very limited) painted by JC Hong. You can't really expect an 100% copy from factory paint apps, though they've gotten awfully close. The differences are marginal enough now as to be fairly negligible. The eyes are usually the differing point, to me.

I'd chalk any disparity in skin tone to the lighting used in any particular photo set as well as just the quality of the photo itself.

Unrelated: god, this mouthpiece is terrible in any photo I've seen it in. What were they thinking? :lol

216875_193115074083824_138228759572456_552867_5086304_n.jpg

Last edited:

It seems like you have to have it in hand to get the full effect of how good it is. Most of the pics so far have been phenomenal.

What is with HT and terrible capes for their bat figures... actually demon bats was okay for the style... but this is just silly.

Yeah - the cape is atrocious again - you would think they would learn by now.

Man, I really hate the angry and open-mouth face plates for this figure...which leaves the version from the original release.

Yeah the angry looks half assed - just looks like he's scrunched up his face and has no menace - the DX angry mouth was better done IMO

And let's not even talk about the 'Doooooo' face :slap

Well, the prototype is often a one-of-a-kind (or very very limited) painted by JC Hong. You can't really expect an 100% copy from factory paint apps,

Yupp :lecture

wow what a disappointment here with the bale sculpt...

neckless looks totally odd and the headsculpt looks so.. different? mh, not liking it :/

Hahahahhah this is a total farce! $399 for the head...

Well i'll be selling my Bruce head so hopefully get a good amount of money back on whatever I pay for the fig

Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS in AUGUST

The head looks excellent on the TDK body.

I'm still losing interest in this one though. The initial excitement is wearing down, and apart from the headsculpt there's nothing new that I don't already have on my OC Bats.

You do realize you just posted a pic of what HT will include in the rereleased DX TDK Batman, right? It will include the Bale head...

Hahahahhah this is a total farce! $399 for the head...

Well i'll be selling my Bruce head so hopefully get a good amount of money back on whatever I pay for the fig

Doesn't hurt to try!

Seriously these ebay scalpers are getting ridiculous and greedy. I think anything more than $300-$350 is horribly ridiculous for a figure.

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-BATMAN-DX-02-/250795349436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a649155bc

I think it's also affecting our prices here too. I know a DX Batman is worth a lot but I've seen it here for about $450-$500. That's just too much for a figure. But that's just MHO. Maybe some of you will agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back