HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Personally, I like when Hot Toys does things like this. I can't count how many times I've seen an older HT figure and thought about how it'd look if they'd made it today. Also, anybody know what the specs are on this guy? Curious who the sculptor(s) were.

Personally, I like when Hot Toys does things like this. I can't count how many times I've seen an older HT figure and thought about how it'd look if they'd made it today. Also, anybody know what the specs are on this guy? Curious who the sculptor(s) were.

Hot Toys – MMS155 – Batman Begins: 1/6th scale Batman/ Bruce Wayne (Batsuit Begins Version) Collectible Figure
Specification

~ MMS Series ~

Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Batman/ Bruce Wayne (Batsuit Begins Version) Collectible Figure from the classic Batman Begins movie as the 2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive item in view of its popularity.

The Batman/ Bruce Wayne collectible is highly detailed and fully deployed, specially crafted based on the image of Christian Bale as the iconic character Batman/ Bruce Wayne in the movie, highlighting the detailed head sculpt, costume, weapons and accessories.

The 1/6th scale Batman/ Bruce Wayne (Batsuit Begins Version) Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Batman/ Bruce Wayne in the Batman Begins movie
- Two (2) interchangeable heads with one (1) Batman head and one (1) newly developed head sculpt of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the movie with accurate facial expression, detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Specially sculpted neck with detailed skin texture to match with the head sculpt
- Batman head with three (3) interchangeable lower part of faces
- Batman body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable gloved palms including
n One (1) pair of relaxed palms
n One (1) pair of fists
n One (1) right palm for holding gun
n One (1) right palm for holding batarang
n One (1) left palm for holding bomb

Costume :
- One (1) Batsuit with cape
- One (1) detailed utility belt with cell phone and accessories
- One (1) pair of forearm gauntlets
- One (1) pair of black-color boots

Weapons:
- One (1) Grapnel gun
- One (1) bomb
- Two (2) batarangs on belt clip (removable)

Accessories:
- One (1) set of full gear climbing harness and belt
- One (1) Ninja mask for wearing on the head sculpt
- Figure stand with Batman/ Bruce Wayne nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:
- Bruce Wayne’s Head Sculpted by KOJUN
- Batman’s Head Sculpted by KIM JUNG MI & EOM JEA SUNG
- Head Painted by JC.HONG
- Head Art Directed by KOJUN

Release date: Q3 2011

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

I see Bale in those alternate faces, the changeable faces thing makes me wonder if we can use them with the DX or vice-versa. Is the cowl shape that different around the mouth between both suits? I think I might display my Bale hs on my DX in a "Tokyo Rooftop" manner.

The TDK cowl has a smaller face piece than the Begins cowl. So i dont think it would fit

Would be great if they have changed ONE thing on the bat fig :nana::nana: :D

The cowl could have been redone too.

Looking at my OC Batman and DX TDK side by side along with these new spec pics and the new Christian Bale Bruce Wayne head got me thinking about how great the '89 Keaton Batman will hopefully look.

It's going to get to the point where I have more 1/6 Batman figures than all the other 1/6 characters I own combined.

yeah totally right! It's mindblowing!
I'm sure that some sculptors at hot toys have seen adam's sculpt and try to top that! Competition is really good :)

Yeah exactly - competition is a wonderful thing. More I Look at this the more it looks like TDK Bale than Begins.

I see Bale in those alternate faces, the changeable faces thing makes me wonder if we can use them with the DX or vice-versa. Is the cowl shape that different around the mouth between both suits? I think I might display my Bale hs on my DX in a "Tokyo Rooftop" manner.

No the shapes are really different, these faces won't work with the DX02 cowl or vice versa without modding

I loved HT for keep producing better and better figure. I don't mean to be selfish as well. However, I hate HT now for re-releasing older figure.
It makes me value the limited power even less. I paid lot of money for my collection because I came late to the game. It's like slap in the face.

Apart from a great figure I don't like the way HT treats some of us.

What would that one thing be? Also, thanks for the specs, Difabio.

Found these extra pics posted by good ol Wookster from statueforum

HotToys_BatmanBegins-BatmanBruceWayneCollectibleFigure2011ToyFairsExclusive_PR12.jpg

HotToys_BatmanBegins-BatmanBruceWayneCollectibleFigure2011ToyFairsExclusive_PR13.jpg

Ooops, sorry, I saw that a thread had been started so assumed all the pics were up.

More I Look at this the more it looks like TDK Bale than Begins.

I thought the same thing. The face is much more gaunt. I really can't get over how well they did on not only the sculpt but the paint and texture. That neck is a great improvement too.

Yeah exactly - competition is a wonderful thing. More I Look at this the more it looks like TDK Bale than Begins.

No the shapes are really different, these faces won't work with the DX02 cowl or vice versa without modding

It is tdk wayne! :)

A teeth showing 'do I look like a cop?' face would have been better over the pursed lips one but WOW.

This interchangeable faces thing with Batman figures seems to be catching on. Hope this feature is integrated into 89' Batman as well, not to mention the inevitable The Dark Knight Rises version.

I thought the same thing. The face is much more gaunt. I really can't get over how well they did on not only the sculpt but the paint and texture. That neck is a great improvement too.

Yes the paint is wonderful as well as texture. Hopefully the factory paint can match up. I'd have liked a Begins specific head though but i'll take this too. Never too many Batmans/Bruce Waynes

A teeth showing 'do I look like a cop?' face would have been better over the pursed lips one but WOW.

Yeah but the cowl would need to be longer for that, because the mouth is open. That's probably the only reason why they didn't go for that.

Hey Wookster, you're an inside man. Any idea if this will be available online with Sideshow for SDCC? Has anything been discussed?

Iron Man is a done deal with Sideshow/SDCC, the new Predator appears to be too. It may be wishful thinking but I just can't see something as popular as Batman not being offered up everywhere. Everywhere as in online, cons, international, toy fairs, whatever.

On a side note, does anyone else think this puts the other two exclusives to shame?

On a side note, does anyone else think this puts the other two exclusives to shame?

Beyound shame.

Makes them look like pure kahkah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back