HT Barbossa Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was wondering that too. *IF* HT was ever to make Barbossa
what version CoTBP Barbossa, or OST Barbossa?
I would hope HT would go with both, like the DX Joker/cop figure and maybe an exclusive skeleton Barbs too! :rock

Would buy even the OST version cuz he was the most delicious part of this fast-cooked pie.

Yeah, I was wondering that too. *IF* HT was ever to make Barbossa
what version CoTBP Barbossa, or OST Barbossa?
I would hope HT would go with both, like the DX Joker/cop figure and maybe an exclusive skeleton Barbs too! :rock

:goodpost::lecture

I would definitely pick that up if that were the case and it was a DX. I mean like a lot of other collectors I have no idea why he hasn't been released. I think if the likeness on the hs was good, and they decided to go the DX01 route it would be a great piece. Especially if they put as much detail as they did with both JS and DJ. :panic::monkey1

:clap HT just announced that Barbossa, the most highly sought after figure in the Pirates line....

.... will never be made. :(

Now LOCK THIS STUPID THREAD PLEASE!!!!!

So I would have to buy the very worst character in the entire franchise, in order to get one of the best?

____ that.

:monkey2

Wait.... Source!?

:lol

There's always someone who calls "source?".

I ain't digging it up for you but there was a Q&A awhile back where they said they had no intention of doing Barbossa. Many of us read it at that time and there was a big discussion about it. You been here long enough that I'm surprised you didn't hear. I'm sure if you google it or go back in the DX06 thread you can find it.

:lol

There's always someone who calls "source?".

I ain't digging it up for you but there was a Q&A awhile back where they said they had no intention of doing Barbossa. Many of us read it at that time and there was a big discussion about it. You been here long enough that I'm surprised you didn't hear. I'm sure if you google it or go back in the DX06 thread you can find it.

I did hear that... But I guess that means you didn't hear their most recent interview answer where they would produce Barbossa depending on how well Angelica sells. Loads of us thought it had been a likeness rights issue, but they dispelled that rumor.

I did hear that... But I guess that means you didn't hear their most recent interview answer where they would produce Barbossa depending on how well Angelica sells. Loads of us thought it had been a likeness rights issue, but they dispelled that rumor.

That interview was BEFORE the interview Wor-Gar is talking about. Barbossa aint ever going to happen. HT nixed it. REALITY.

They'll do Barbossa, he'll just be in an Iron Man armour :lol

:( :( :(

That's the best chance. :lol

I did hear that... But I guess that means you didn't hear their most recent interview answer where they would produce Barbossa depending on how well Angelica sells.

Yes, I heard that too, well read it here anyway. But that's a load of crap. That's HT trying to upsell Angelica. Believe me, I WISH Barbossa would happen, I'm a huge Pirates fan, but I just don't believe them. "Buy Angelica" and we'll see... come on, really?

To me it's a little strange. Because I think he would sell very well if they were to make him.

tumblr_lm0n77AB5Q1qfj2nyo1_500.jpg

Classic!!

Most of the pirates, from Captains to deckhands, would sell but they may not all sell in the high numbers that Marvel characters do and I wish Hot Toys greed would be satiated at some point. You can have smaller, niche lines and runs - aren't they proud of their artistic accomplishments? Pirates is that line - a beauty of characters and wonderful accessories no one else could match. They need to stop blaming a character from the most recent film that was critically savaged; she is not a fair gauge to go by.

Back