HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26738153.dda24b.jpg

26738157.9910da.jpg

26738162.c367d3.jpg

26738468.f94188.jpg

26738464.8852e6.jpg

You got your shoulder cannons to tilt outwards :google
I guess I was wrong about them not being able to do that!!!
It seemed like they were going to break so I stopped bending!!
Haha. Sorry Hot Toys for accusing you of false advertising.

You got your shoulder cannons to tilt outwards :google
I guess I was wrong about them not being able to do that!!!
It seemed like they were going to break so I stopped bending!!
Haha. Sorry Hot Toys for accusing you of false advertising.

NO NO... don't bend them!! :google
you're right about false advertising from HT

i actually did it with a blade and superglue :eek:. i don't mind cos it makes the figure look sooooo much better

NO NO... don't bend them!! :google
you're right about false advertising from HT

i actually did it with a blade and superglue :eek:. i don't mind cos it makes the figure look sooooo much better

Haha thanks for the warning. Missed your little disclaimer at the front cause I was busy looking at your pics!

In that case I should sue Hot Toys' ass for false advertising. The only reason I got Wolf was for the full range articulation on his shoulder canons. :D

Haha thanks for the warning. Missed your little disclaimer at the front cause I was busy looking at your pics!

In that case I should sue Hot Toys' ass for false advertising. The only reason I got Wolf was for the full range articulation on his shoulder canons. :D

there are numerous things about this figure that tick me off, and the shoulder cannons take the top spot. seems to me that HT didn't set out to make a truly great figure, but to simply make money...

Very nice photos guys!! Now im sure i will get him!:monkey5

Yeah the mandibles are kinda crooked. I thought the crooked mandibles looked cool on the Elder but it doesn't look good for Wolf. It is an easy fix though just use a hairdryer. It only takes seconds for the plastic to become soft enough for you to realign. I'm also thinking about painting his dead eye completely white. I don't think they pulled the dead eye effect off that well.

Hmm! Thx for the tip! Is the mask still fit on his head after the surgery?:rolleyes:I think i will wait for the BD version. I hope HT will make it.

Very nice photos guys!! Now im sure i will get him!:monkey5

Hmm! Thx for the tip! Is the mask still fit on his head after the surgery?:rolleyes:I think i will wait for the BD version. I hope HT will make it.

Yeah as long as you don't alter the mandibles too much the mask will fit fine. For example Edwint made his into a roaring face sculpt and the mask no longer fits (look a few pages back for the pics).

there are numerous things about this figure that tick me off, and the shoulder cannons take the top spot. seems to me that HT didn't set out to make a truly great figure, but to simply make money...

Yeah you are right about that, nothing major but just minor annoyances. For example I couldn't get a lot of the springs to fit into their slots. However for some springs the slots are too big and the springs won't stay in. The slots for the mask connection is also placed at an awkward spot...they placed them beneath the left shoulder canon. That means if you have the springs connecting his mask to his shoulder canon on you can't retract the shoulder canon completely. I can't explain it very well but it'll all make sense when you have the figure in hand.

seems to me that HT didn't set out to make a truly great figure, but to simply make money...
I disagree with that otherwise you'd expect them to make more units of things like Hicks etc. All these figs sell-out like hot cakes, you'd think if they wanted to make more money they produce more units before their license with Fox runs out.

Although I have to agree that they do make some very fragile crappy quality figs like that GODDAMN ++++ING Aliens Warrior and so the theory on making a quick buck seems understandable.

I disagree with that otherwise you'd expect them to make more units of things like Hicks etc. All these figs sell-out like hot cakes, you'd think if they wanted to make more money they produce more units before their license with Fox runs out.

Although I have to agree that they do make some very fragile crappy quality figs like that GODDAMN ++++ING Aliens Warrior and so the theory on making a quick buck seems understandable.

well, what i meant was that they took a lot of shortcuts and the figure feels rushed. i mean, they could've given us properly articulated shoulder cannons and done something with the netting so they don't roll up the left arm and the waist. since the gauntlets and shin guards are no longer separate pieces, and the the kilt is one-piece, i expect the cost of production to be lower... but they're charging us the same price! :google

compare this figure with something like the BD P2... now THAT'S value for money. but then again, it could be due to extra licensing costs. regardless, there's so much room for improvement on Wolf...

HT knew they were hitting a winner with a Wolf figure... it kinda seems as though they were capitalizing on the popularity of the character and taking cost-cutting opportunities. my 2 cents

well, what i meant was that they took a lot of shortcuts and the figure feels rushed. i mean, they could've given us properly articulated shoulder cannons and done something with the netting so they don't roll up the left arm and the waist. since the gauntlets and shin guards are no longer separate pieces, and the the kilt is one-piece, i expect the cost of production to be lower... but they're charging us the same price! :google

compare this figure with something like the BD P2... now THAT'S value for money. but then again, it could be due to extra licensing costs. regardless, there's so much room for improvement on Wolf...

HT knew they were hitting a winner with a Wolf figure... it kinda seems as though they were capitalizing on the popularity of the character and taking cost-cutting opportunities. my 2 cents

They did give you something to tie down the shirt with so the bottom doesn't roll up, and as far as the arm goes, if you put the armor ON the arm, ON the netting, and slowly scoot it up it pulls the netting night and taught on the arm. On my Wolf, none of the netting is rolled up at all...not even baggy.

Back