HT Ancient Preds in the movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndIessRAlN

Super Freak
Reaction score
A few things I don't get...

The Hot Toys Ancient Predators were from the movie. I believe they are shown here. The one on the right looks like the Special Version and the one on the left was the Asia Version if I remember correctly.

Ancients.jpg

Now here's this pic. The Victorious Ancient Predator with the Alien Head spear looks more like the Scar Predator without a scar and less armor.

ScarAncient.jpg

Now the my biggest interest are these guys. The 3 FAILED Ancient Predators that blew themselves and the entire civilization to smithereens.
The one in the middle should be the Asia Version, the right looks like that makeshift Scar from the Victorious Ancient. And the left one...is that the Special Version again?

Failedancients.jpg

KABOOOOMMM!!!!
ancientboom.jpg

One last question...Does anyone recall which Ancient Predator really had both arms armed with Wrist Blades? Or was that just something Hot Toys decided to throw in there?

And a little OT here. I would love to make a Battle Damaged Celtic. Just scratch his mask and give him the same armor as the Ancient Preds. Am I correct?

BDceltic.jpg

These are the best images I can seem to find. Images thanks to AvPgalaxy.net's gallery.

Last edited:
How about now? I had to download the pics then upload into my photobucket then put them here. I hope that would work now. I never have any problems with photobucket.

To my understanding, those weren't 2 different Predators. The Asia exclusive was suppose to be the same Predator just with more detail on the Bio. To me it was simply a money making thing: release the same exact Pred as Scar, Elder, Celtic and Chopper but give him the spear with bloody Alien head, a different bio (because if they would've kept the same Bio from that scene as you mentioned, it would look JUST LIKE Scar) and CHA-CHING. Then make some slight changes to the Bio and call that the Asia Exclusive and CHA-CHING again. That whole line was cash money because Hot Toys basically sold the same figure 7 times (Scar, Ani-Com Scar, Celtic, Chopper, Elder, SS Ex. Ancient, Asia Ex. Ancient) with just slight differences. They all used the same body and almost the same paint. Same armor. Same weapons. And the Ani-Com Scar head is the same as the Elder.

It shows how cheap ADI and Fox was with the AVP films. Even in flashbacks they used the same Predator costumes. And not only that.. (I've pointed this out before) the necklace Wolf wears in AVP:R is the same exact one Celtic wears in AVP. It just has a greener paintjob but it's exactly the same down to the order of the skulls and the beads. smh.

To my understanding, those weren't 2 different Predators. The Asia exclusive was suppose to be the same Predator just with more detail on the Bio. To me it was simply a money making thing: release the same exact Pred as Scar, Elder, Celtic and Chopper but give him the spear with bloody Alien head, a different bio (because if they would've kept the same Bio from that scene as you mentioned, it would look JUST LIKE Scar) and CHA-CHING. Then make some slight changes to the Bio and call that the Asia Exclusive and CHA-CHING again. That whole line was cash money because Hot Toys basically sold the same figure 7 times (Scar, Ani-Com Scar, Celtic, Chopper, Elder, SS Ex. Ancient, Asia Ex. Ancient) with just slight differences. They all used the same body and almost the same paint. Same armor. Same weapons. And the Ani-Com Scar head is the same as the Elder.

It shows how cheap ADI and Fox was with the AVP films. Even in flashbacks they used the same Predator costumes. And not only that.. (I've pointed this out before) the necklace Wolf wears in AVP:R is the same exact one Celtic wears in AVP. It just has a greener paintjob but it's exactly the same down to the order of the skulls and the beads. smh.

the man speaks the truth :lecture:lecture

as for a BD celtic, i think that would look pretty cool IMO

the man speaks the truth :lecture:lecture

as for a BD celtic, i think that would look pretty cool IMO

That would be pretty cool, not to mention that those who missed out on the AVP Preds when they first came out would finally have a chance to get one.
Like me...

That's actually pretty awesome because I just bought a set of Wolf Necklaces to replace it on my Celtic. I thought they looked similar. Sweet.

But well in the 3rd pic. Do you recognize which preds they are?

Ok here we go Rain..

The Hot Toys Ancient Predators were from the movie. I believe they are shown here. The one on the right looks like the Special Version and the one on the left was the Asia Version if I remember correctly.

The first "Ancient" Predator you see is the Asia Ex. with a beaded neck collar.

pdvd000ja8.bmp

pdvd006gx8.bmp

The second is the SS Ex. minus the beaded neck collar.

pdvd002wy1.png

pdvd007ch9.bmp

Notice neither of them have the arm blades like Chopper.

The Victorious Ancient Predator with the Alien Head spear looks more like the Scar Predator without a scar and less armor.

Yup.

pdvd009ml8.bmp

Now the my biggest interest are these guys. The 3 FAILED Ancient Predators that blew themselves and the entire civilization to smithereens.
The one in the middle should be the Asia Version, the right looks like that makeshift Scar from the Victorious Ancient. And the left one...is that the Special Version again?

Yup. Asia Ex. in the middle:

pdvd010de4.bmp

"Ancient" Scar on YOUR right, and the SS Ex. on YOUR left:

pdvd0113vg7.bmp

The only difference is, the Asia Ex. unlike the previous one standing atop the temple during the day DOES NOT have a beaded neck collar. Also, the SS Ex. now has one arm blade (like Chopper) on his right arm. But not on his left... which answers this:

Does anyone recall which Ancient Predator really had both arms armed with Wrist Blades? Or was that just something Hot Toys decided to throw in there?

Just thrown in.

Hope this helps man.. if not, like Ash said: "Blow". :joy

Wow Devil. You just answered all of my questions. Thank you so much. And those are some amazing screen grabs. Where did you find them? Or did you get those urself???

Darn now I totally want to make a custom Ancient Scar and have him pose with the 2 other Ancients in the same pose as in the FAILED scene.

Yea I had a feeling the double wrist blade was just thrown in. When I first saw it I thought to myself: how the heck are they gonna blow themselves up???

Thanks again.

No problem. I popped the DVD in my computer and got the screen grabs because I was curious myself after reading your questions. lol.

Well I got one person to care enough to go and actually look for the answers. That's more than enough for me to feel like I didn't make this thread in waste.

A few things I don't get...

Ancients.jpg

Now here's this pic. The Victorious Ancient Predator with the Alien Head spear looks more like the Scar Predator without a scar and less armor.

ScarAncient.jpg

Failedancients.jpg

KABOOOOMMM!!!!
ancientboom.jpg

One last question...Does anyone recall which Ancient Predator really had both arms armed with Wrist Blades? Or was that just something Hot Toys decided to throw in there?

And a little OT here. I would love to make a Battle Damaged Celtic. Just scratch his mask and give him the same armor as the Ancient Preds. Am I correct?

BDceltic.jpg

These are the best images I can seem to find. Images thanks to AvPgalaxy.net's gallery.

Ancient special is the one who had them

well the ancient scar is the one I modeled my custom ancient predator after.

as a side note. I don't think it's strange they have a lot of similar gear. look at the military or mercs a lot of the guys pack similar gear.

even tribal warriors have some uniformity. it's part of a group identity and tech.

Back