HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Predator? Are you sure they've got them yet?

No, I'm not, just hopeful as this week was his tentative arrival there :lol I placed my order for him there as soon as it went up though, so I'm sure as soon as they get it mine'll be on its way. Just really want this figure.

If people have comments or concerns why not contact [email protected] I know HT's does read some of these threads but what makes you all think they have time to read each and every HT's thread?

Also again what will complaining in a thread here at SSF change on HT's end? Assume of course again that they read each and every thing here about them.

I think contacting them directly makes more sense so why not give it a try:

[email protected]

Complain your little hearts out people :D

here, here

No, I'm not, just hopeful as this week was his tentative arrival there :lol I placed my order for him there as soon as it went up though, so I'm sure as soon as they get it mine'll be on its way. Just really want this figure.

My guess is another 2 weeks before he ships ................. sorry man I have a hard time painting beautiful pictures for people in need :lol

If we didn't have faults with figures we couldn't mod them ourselves!:banana and thats where half the fun of collecting is.

Not for a lazy talentless amatuer like me. I prefer my figures to be perfect as they are. And some do meet a standard that I'm completely happy with. Sometimes there are even flaws that bother other people and don't bother me much at all. For some characters I seem to have a special standard. And height for an obviously very tall character or a normal length neck for someone with an obviously normal human length neck are important things IMO.

Perhaps it is time to create separate threads...

1. Official Hot Toys Predator praising thread (the words "short", "long", and "midget" are forbidden in this thread).

2. Official Hot Toys Predator criticizing thread (the words "awesome", "best", " and "nitpicking" are forbidden).

I seriously don't see how it is a problem that there are pages of criticism. If someone wants to express their opinion why should it matter that it has already been brought up for several pages?

For example I couldn't care less about the Joker's coat being too dark so when I see someone complaining about it I just choose to ignore it. There are still endless posts regarding the proper coat color and inner lining even though it has been talked about for months...how is this any different?

If you look at it from another angle since there are already also pages of praise....maybe we should stop praising the figure as well since there are already pages devoted to praise.

IMO just say what you want but say it in a way that doesn't disrespect someone who disagrees with you. Comments such as "are you blind...Dutch's neck is totally too long" are certainly not necessary. I know this is just wishful thinking but whatever :angelsmil

Last edited:
Well I think those bothered by the height are looking for the same end goal as those in love with the figure, discussing their feelings with like minded folks. Whether that seems rational to folks or not, it's what they want to do and they just want equal right to talk about what they want to talk about as everyone else.

It's rare that a thread be one sided in opinion on a piece, so I don't understand why the ones truly happy with the figure seem to need the negative folks to not even talk, I'd just work around them. It's one thing when posting is attacks on members or totally strayed off topic, but if it's just negative opinions on something, even if redundant, it's people's rights.

Last edited:
Well I think those bothered by the hate are looking for the same end goal as those in love with the figure, discussing their feelings with like minded folks. Whether that seems rational to folks or not, it's what they want to do and they just want equal right to talk about what they want to talk about as everyone else.

It's rare that a thread be one sided in opinion on a piece, so I don't understand why the ones truly happy with the figure seem to need the negative folks to not even talk, I'd just work around them. It's one thing when posting is attacks on members or totally strayed off topic, but if it's just negative opinions on something, even if redundant, it's people's rights.

Expressed eloquently in words I could never produce!
Right on the nail MaulFan!

Re: HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Saw this while browsing eBay. Alternate body? Trick of the lighting? Manipulated picture? If not that is one exceptionally well hidden torso articulation seam.

HTPredator1Body.jpg

________
WHITE WIDOW SEEDS

Last edited:
Could be legit, I didn't realize because of no assembly pics, this is the first Predator with the double jointed neck :rock

!BTq)9VwBGk~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmVD,kBKJrdq4nsg~~_1.JPG

They really put a lot of work into making this figure look good and be versatile.

The double jointed neck really adds a lot of depth for expressions and it's very smooth so it's easy to get the look you want.

If they can hold a couple of these bad boys out till August ill be a freakin happy camper! But im still pissed about the height thing. But kind it is kind of evened out by me not having to put this guy together.

For some reason it looks like a P2 body, not the new P1 Body. Maybe it's because the forearms and calves are colored like the P2 body and they're a completely different color compared to the rest of the body. I posted a pic of the P1 body a little while ago in this thread:

Snagged these pics off EBay:

BODY
htpredatorbody1.jpg

I think that discoloration is because those pieces are all hidden (Forearms/Calves under armor and the neck under a collar) so that might be the reason. Kinda weird though. :D

This picture was modified! There is a seam!

I'm not certain the picture was modified, I think it is a trick of the light/lucky shot.

The lighting is directed from the bottom, and the flash was below the lens. Notice how the shadow stretches above the figure at the top and how flat the lighting is, there isn't any shadow under the leather chest straps or the armor. At this angle, and with a bright enough flash, we wouldn't see any shadow under the chest articulation.

It could have been Photoshoped, but it would a pain to do, and there is really not point in faking something like that unless you were trying to sell it as a custom special figure.

Back