HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I understand the reason behind the size and shape of the old boxes, it is very nice to have a box more in line with the other MMS figures, even though it will be considerable bulkier.

Even with the whole "model kit" conceit taken into consideration about the old boxes, HT did improve on the design with the Wolf Predator "Cleaner" version and to a lesser extent the Machiko figure, whose boxes were considerably smaller while keeping the model kit aspect.

If this Predator figure weren't pre-constructed, it'd probably have a box just like the Wolf Predator. The odd thing is that the Lost Predator went back to the large square design.

I disliked the older Predator boxes because shipping them was made more difficult but ultimately a box is a box -- if it safely houses the figure inside then it will be satisfactory.

Not the best pictures. It clearly shows though that Dutch and Predator are far too close in height - but we knew that already. What I hadn't banked on is Predator being barely taller than Batman. Methinks our beloved P1 is going to be a bit of a runt in the Predator litter? And he badly needs to do some futz work on Dutch.

What has me curious, is how short will he be against other Predators. We've seen Dutch is smaller than Billy and Rambo, so if Dutch is shorter than 2 standard HT figures, and he's almost same height as Predator 1, what size will the Predator be.

Now, this is just fun, pre-receipt of the figure speculation. Would I enjoy a Predator 1 that towers over Dutch, sure, will it dissappointment that it's on the smaller side, no. I wanted a P1 that accurrately represents the appearance of the P1, despite it's relation to Dutch or other figures, and this figure is just that. I am happy with how he turned out and can look past how well he does or doesn't blend with the line and other figures.

What has me curious, is how short will he be against other Predators. We've seen Dutch is smaller than Billy and Rambo, so if Dutch is shorter than 2 standard HT figures, and he's almost same height as Predator 1, what size will the Predator be.

Now, this is just fun, pre-receipt of the figure speculation. Would I enjoy a Predator 1 that towers over Dutch, sure, will it dissappointment that it's on the smaller side, no. I wanted a P1 that accurrately represents the appearance of the P1, despite it's relation to Dutch or other figures, and this figure is just that. I am happy with how he turned out and can look past how well he does or doesn't blend with the line and other figures.

*preemptive disclaimer for those boardies who see no evil and will hear no evil - I do love the figure and I wouldn't dream of cancelling it in a million years.....but!

now my response to Maulfan - I will be disappointed if for some reason he has ended up a shortarse amongst all the other Predators as indications, thusfar, are that he will be. P1 was clearly a giant, just the same as P2 and they were played by the same actor so there was no reason to deliberately make the P1 smaller. If this has happened accidentally..WTF?! How? Didn't they have any of their own figures on hand to compare it to during production?

I will try to look past it because...wtf else can I do? However it is dissappointing to me that Dutch has been made as a shorter than average human figure and Predator has been made as a shorter than average Predator as there seems to me to be no reason for this to be the case - at least with regard to the predator.

*reminder to the complainers about complainers - I do love the look of this figure.

holy ^^^^!! what a treat to get home from a half day at work to see all this Predator goodness.. :bunnydanc

where do I start but to say that overall it's looking bad ass. :rock I would of preferred not having it already assembled, putting them together was part of the fun and I always got a good laugh at all the "how do I put it together" threads that showed up.:lol the clear mandibles are a very nice touch. I hope he doesn't end up being up to short. that would suck. the hard part now with this and the P1 crew all comming out at once is rearranging my setup to get them all in. but that's a task I will gladly do. :D

So...
amazing right?

20090519092448316.jpg.jpg

I don't really like the look of the open mandibles. Something seems kind of off, but otherwise I love everything about it so far!

Wow, fantastic!!! He looks incredible, and the movie-accurate blades in the final production figure are a great surprise. The close-ups of the face leave much to be desired, but at a normal viewing distance the head and paint apps look great, IMO. Very happy to see this guy released so close to Dutch, since I ordered the two together from Toys2 and wouldn't get one without the other. A great maskless pic from tc4949:

20090519111911656.jpg.jpg

Wow, fantastic!!! He looks incredible, and the movie-accurate blades in the final production figure are a great surprise. The close-ups of the face leave much to be desired, but at a normal viewing distance the head and paint apps look great, IMO. Very happy to see this guy released so close to Dutch, since I ordered the two together from Toys2 and wouldn't get one without the other.

20090519111911656.jpg.jpg

Have to agree... blown up the paint looks sloppy and doesn't seem to blend well. But in shot like this he looks great, especially for a production figure.

Still, can't wait to see what Les is able to do with a repaint... I have a feeling it will be insane :rock

With not a single picture taken with the laser pack removed, it seems my fear of it being non-removable may be true. That would be a damn shame; the laser pack needs to come off when the mask does.

Well, HT opted to give the bio electronics, and it probably would require more to make the laser gun mount removable and still connect the bio to the batter pack in the back of the armor so they just made it all one whole unit.

was the predator already assembled in the box?, someone over at the hive had a picture that would suggest that the predator came assembled in the box this time around.

Back