How will the new 1:4 HT Marvel figures impact your purchasing habit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more interested to see how the 1/4 scale will impact their 1/6 scale releases. I'm hoping that 1/6 will still be their main focus as 1/4 scale is far to big for me to display.

If they make a high quality Predator 1 1/4th, I may be tempted to pick it up.

The Cinamaquette Predator is still my grail and every few months I get the urge to sell 1/2 my Hot Toys to track one down.

I'm more interested to see how the 1/4 scale will impact their 1/6 scale releases. I'm hoping that 1/6 will still be their main focus as 1/4 scale is far to big for me to display.

This is my main concern as well. I'm not touching 1:4 scale. I have to cut back on my 1:6 as it is. I can't wait to see how much HT will charge for 1:4 seeing how 1:6 prices are getting out of hand.

If they make a high quality Predator 1 1/4th, I may be tempted to pick it up.

The Cinamaquette Predator is still my grail and every few months I get the urge to sell 1/2 my Hot Toys to track one down.

It's a great piece. I hope you get one some day.

With HT going into 1/4 scale, SSC will most probably move to the LSF (1/2 scale).

I'm sure this will impact SS's piece of the pie to a degree, but the real question is how the 1/4 statue (mixed media or not) collector slice breaks down into those who are strictly static statue, and those who would opt for a posable figure if the quality exceeded SS and the price were right.

My guess is Hot Toys ropes in a big portion of their 1/6 base that has no idea of Sideshow, essentially creating its own piece of pie instead of eating into Sideshow's.

I'll Still got to SSC for comic character statues

:exactly:

I like the idea of a 1/4 scale Hot Toy, but I've put alot of money into 1/6 and don't really see myself moving into another scale. I'm sure they will look amazing though.

Pretty much this, coolstorybro.gif for Hot Toys. This would be great for new collectors to start fresh in the 1/4 line, or for people to sell their stuff to get into it. But I think collecting both lines might be tought for alot of people especially with these really crazy high prices. Also I can imagine HT really saying f you to fans by releasing figs int he 1/4 that arent in the 1/6 scale to get people to buy them.

I'm mainly sticking to 1/6 scales, but reserve 1/4 scales for a grail. I'm hoping EB or HT would make a 1/4 endo or BD T800.

I only started 1/6 collecting about 18 months ago. I don't think I'll jump to 1/4 at all. Obviously, the price point will be much higher. And the 1/6 price point is already increasing. I also don't want to shift gears regarding size. Plus there are @ a dozen sold out 1/6 figures I still want to get.

:rotfl:rotfl

Also I can imagine HT really saying f you to fans by releasing figs int he 1/4 that arent in the 1/6 scale to get people to buy them.

This is my only concern. I'm not going to jump to 1/4 for the reasons already listed; space, money, already have 1/6 collection, etc. But I really hope they just keep 1/4 for the 1 main figure or so per line. I know it won't happen, but I'd hate to not get a 1/6 TDKR Catwoman but they make 1/4 instead.

With the bigger characters like Batman, Iron Man, Cap to a degree Catwoman I think you'll see both. It's the lesser characters like a Nick Fury, Scarecrow for example that they might do one or the other.

Also I can imagine HT really saying f you to fans by releasing figs int he 1/4 that arent in the 1/6 scale to get people to buy them.

I think thats possible, but not likely. The 1/4 scale is going to be MUCH more expensive, $300...$400....$500, so HT will have to make sure they release only the most popular characters. Spidey, IM, Batman. Just to make sure they sell well enough, I hope.

:dunno:dunno:dunno

Im interested in at least seeing what they put out. If the quality is good I could see myself purchasing a character here and there. I dont want a 1/4 scale toy though, only a statue at that size. I do welcome some competition for SS to up their QC.

If the 1/4 scale sells well, HT will likely slow down and eventually drop the 1/6 scale.

Based on the fact that there are almost 200 1/6 scale figures and probably 10-20 scheduled for 2012, I don't think there is a possibility at all that they abandon the 1/6 scale.

At least I hope not!:pray:

They can't. As things stand now, they're dangerously close to pricing out a lot of their fan base. When 1/4 starts retailing for $400+ many here (me first) will have to pass. Besides, they only moved to 1/4 because Enterbay did. There's literally no chance that they'd abandon 1/6 and let Enterbay take over their signature segment of the market :)

Back