How will the new 1:4 HT Marvel figures impact your purchasing habit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c11098

Super Freak
Reaction score
Have been thinking about the news about HT launching their 1:4 figures. How does that affect your pre-orders on SSC statues? To me, I am not so interested in a "bigger" toy. I love 1 thing about statues. Muscular Males and Busty Sexy Females. So for me, nothing has changed.

I hope this puts more pressure on Sideshow to improve their product especially in the paint department. Other than that I'm not interested in 1/4 Hot Toys at all.

I like the idea of a 1/4 scale Hot Toy, but I've put alot of money into 1/6 and don't really see myself moving into another scale. I'm sure they will look amazing though.

I don't buy any 1/4 figures I'm happy with 92 HT 1/6 figures. :)

it won't really.

I already collect 3 3/4" (Marvel Universe figures), 6" (DCUC and ML) and not Hot toys at 12"

I don't need another scale of the same figures.

I hope this puts more pressure on Sideshow to improve their product especially in the paint department. Other than that I'm not interested in 1/4 Hot Toys at all.

:exactly:

Hope to see improved head sculpt painting that reflects their prototypes.

Simple. For anything that SSC and HT would be doing at the same time, I would watch to see who has the better product. So if they both did a Mark VII Avengers Iron Man, which looked the best between the two I'd buy. I have to say this as well, cost will determine a lot. If HT gives me a piece that I can mimic the pose of an SSC piece then it's a no brainer, especially if the prices are the same or if HT's figure comes in cheaper. SSC would obviously have to up their game in terms of QC but also in terms of pose and "extras" as HT's might include Stark portraits, interchangeable parts stock whereas SSC would have some of that as "exclusives".

More people in the 1:4 game the better, it forces everyone to up their game. What will be interesting is if for example the new Superman film, all three companies Enterbay, Hot Toys and Sideshow do something, then you've got serious competition which only benefits us.

Simple. For anything that SSC and HT would be doing at the same time, I would watch to see who has the better product. So if they both did a Mark VII Avengers Iron Man, which looked the best between the two I'd buy. I have to say this as well, cost will determine a lot. If HT gives me a piece that I can mimic the pose of an SSC piece then it's a no brainer, especially if the prices are the same or if HT's figure comes in cheaper. SSC would obviously have to up their game in terms of QC but also in terms of pose and "extras" as HT's might include Stark portraits, interchangeable parts stock whereas SSC would have some of that as "exclusives".

More people in the 1:4 game the better, it forces everyone to up their game. What will be interesting is if for example the new Superman film, all three companies Enterbay, Hot Toys and Sideshow do something, then you've got serious competition which only benefits us.

:goodpost: :goodpost:

Couldnt agree more!!

I have no interest in bigger figures, I used to collect 7" figs and stuff but now I only really get Hot Toys, It looks strange enough having 1/6 figures on a shelf as an adult, I don't need massive ones that cost $350 everywhere. Too big, too expensive.

Don't forget that HT and SSC are partners. With HT going into 1/4 scale, SSC will most probably move to the LSF (1/2 scale).

They will still be partners and won't be really "competing" with each other.

Word-for-word what I was going to post; anything to get Sideshow to wake up and fix their QC issues. I like the difference between 1/4th PFs and 1/6th figures.

Not a bit. I doubt I buy 1:4 items from HT other than a bust or two like I did with the Iron Man 2 line. My 1:4 purchases will be with SS for the Avengers and 1:6th with HT.

Not at all really, the focus on the figure side of my collecting will always be dominated by 1/6, but that wont stop me from picking up the occasional 1/4 figure if it's something I'm interested in.

I stop collecting DCUC (I sold almost all) and Marvel Legends (every single one I still have) because I start collecting two years ago HOT TOYS 1/6 figures and I own 92 figures since then, I don't think NOW I change for the new scale 1/4.

Very curious to see what hot toys has to offer in terms of the quality of their 1/4 figures.

In order for this line to succeed it cannot merely be an upscaled version of 1/6 figures. It has to have much higher quality than the already high quality 1/6 figures.

Back