How to save sideshow premium statues from dust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napier

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm seeking for advise.I'm living in a center of city and have a very big amount of dust in my apartment. Dusting one day, and tomorrow i got this dust again on surface. I'm planning to display my sideshow premiums and i want to display them in open(prefer shelf with lighting more then besta), but i also want to save them from this ridiculous amount of dust. So my question is : Can HEPA air purifier help me to reduce my dust in apartment for some amount? And how much purifier can solve it?(If yes, then whitch one is the best? Brand or model) If not, then keeping statues after glass is my only option? And this option is only Besta? Because as i assume, Detolf won't handle premium's weight(14kgs batman modern age, 9kgs batman keaton). Here's a lot of questions already, but i would appreciate if somebody would also link good brush for dusting statues, i heard Mac's one is good. Thanks a lot.

keeping your windows closed, adding a decent sized air purifier with Hepa works, but Hepa filters are expensive unless it's those reusable type like vacuum cleaners. also it only filters air going around the filter so you might have to move them around, or have a fan to circulate the air.

you can also vacuum your room once a week, around areas too high for the filters. since air filter sits on the ground, it won't keep dust higher up from resting on your statues. Vacuum cleaners with HEPA is good for filtering air.

You can use a detolf. You will have extra shelves - You can't use them all due to the height of PFs, so reinforce the ones you are going to rest the PFs on by double-stacking them with the extra shelves.

I have a Fett life size bust sitting on top of one, and a Wolf Predator life size bust on another for a few years now :) Those suckers are heavier than a PF.

Back