How to repair a HT figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Builder75

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Sorry I am new, but where would go to find out how to repair a HT figure on here?

Picked up an HT Alien Warrior this weekend and opened from the box the left leg and foot fell off the plastic cap that the ball joint fits into is cracking. Also the left elbow joint was broken.

Picked up an HT Alien Warrior this weekend and opened from the box the left leg and foot fell off the plastic cap that the ball joint fits into is cracking. Also the left elbow joint was broken.

:horrorAww man that sucks , sorry dude :gah: , is there any way you can post some pics of the breakage? it would help

:horrorAww man that sucks , sorry dude :gah: , is there any way you can post some pics of the breakage? it would help

Yeah it will be later today I have to work on my "honey do" list before the wife gets home.

I was actually thinking of using "might putty"

Is this common breakage on the older HT figures?

It is basically the clear round hole that the peg snaps into is cracked, chipped, and basically falling apart. Just noticed the shoulder hinge has the same problem.

The elbow joint was totally shattered but the rubber skin was not damaged.

Any advice would be helpful.

I don't think that applies to broken/defective items.

This place has sign that "All sales on Collectables are Final" I rarely do business with the place but I broke down and bite the bullet. At least this wasn't an $800 piece!

So any recommendations on glue type or just straight super glue?

It's broken. Take it back. Most states have consumer protection laws. Get in their face if they don't want to help you. Your comic book store sucks if they don't work with you on this.

If you're just not the confrontational type, there are a number of Alien and Predator collectors on this site. Maybe you can get one of them to make a mold and cast you a replacement joint(s).

Another approach if you're not comfortable doing the repair yourself is have one of the many customizers on this site to repair the item.

Last edited:
It's broken. Take it back. Most states have consumer protection laws. Get in their face if they don't want to help you. Your comic book store sucks if they don't work with you on this.

If you're just not the confrontational type, there are a number of Alien and Predator collectors on this site. Maybe you can get one of them to make a mold and cast you a replacement joint(s).

Another approach if you're not comfortable doing the repair yourself is have one of the many customizers on this site to repair the item.

I don't mind being confrontational, but I just figured it was an "easy" fix. I plan on calling the store tomorrow and seeing what they can do for me.

And for the record the comic book store in question does SUCK

Third Planet here in Houston. They are just bad and terrible customer service.

I only paid $200 for the Alien and he was "MIB"...I hate that term so much.

They have a strange definition of MIB. Once you've settled this dispute with them I'd suggest never spending a dime there again.

Anyway, welcome to the site.

Surely the US has consumer protection laws that protect you from this sort of dodginess. Here in Oz the seller can shout it from the rooftops that all sales are final, no returns etc etc. - but if the product is damaged or defective, the seller has to come to the party and offer a replacement or refund.

Back