How to identify recast Sideshow ALIENS 1:1 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What's with all these recast Aliens 1:1 busts on ebay???

LOL! I'm so proud of owning my Sideshow Alien Warrior bust and soon the HGC alien bust. It's nice to have money to spend on the things you love most. I'm not into small dolls only movie 1:1 scale busts. Moving forward into the new year it's already looking bright!!!

Last edited:

Awww damn.....Now this thread will probably get closed! :(

Why do you have to go so far in here? I was just up to debate, I'll see if I can reply to Batman29 before this get closed/moderated/deleted/something else..

Yeap, I got called names and called out by Mr. Internet troll. He wants to play admin on every forum and under mind me which he's failed doing. Yes, it's true I am no longer a member of the hive and yes it's true I own a recast what's new? Moving forward I'm still proud of my collection and I'm still standing here with alot of toys! LMAO! :chew Him and his little alien dolls started the flame war and like hell I'll let him and his dolls talk to me that away without a counter attack back. I never lost any sleep during the process and no aliens were hurt during our small confrontation. Moving forward the Pee-wee Herman Show is coming back to prime time with Pee Wee's Play House! If you've come to grow on that show then don't miss out. It's chance of a lifetime. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! I repeat HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! :rotfl :rotfl

Last edited:

That guy needs to be banned.I'm informing my cousin ATM.

Well TP, we agree on one thing here: My statements that you quoted me about my thoughts on recast DO say something about me. And here is what they say:

• Batman 29 does NOT support those who knowing reproduce recasts, knowingly sell them, or knowingly buy them (other than for educating issues about recasting).

• Because of the above, you never have to worry when buying something from Batman 29.

• Batman 29 is avid collector of AUTHENTIC merchandise.

• Batman 29 will not support recasting because he cannot afford the authentic piece. I would just rather not have one. As a result I aim for the best.

• Batman 29 is a trusted collector among collectors.

Yup, my earlier statements about recasting do say something about me. And I am comfortable with what they say about me.

Again, you've missed my point.. I'm not questioning you at all.. Also, as I stated, I'm not talking about people who do it out of profit, I mostly agree with everything you said, except your expressed doubt in people who have recasts in their collections..I find it illogical..

But then again, we maybe collect out of different reasons, you maybe collect so you could earn some money when stuff becomes exclusive/sold out/etc.? Maybe you collect, because at given time you find it very interesting, but soon loose the interest in the piece so you want to be able to sell it, maybe it's something third..
You see, I collect because I really really like movies (well one serial in particular, and that is only thing I have collected so far), and want to have something that represents that movie!
I don't plan to sell any of the pieces, I never actually sold anything.

Up there in your post, you're writing like you're defending your name, when I never actually questioned you!
You want to see how your list would turn out in my case?!

• Toni Plutonij does NOT care about those who knowingly reproduce recasts, knowingly sell them, or knowingly buy them (as it's none of my business, it doesn't devalue my pieces at all, I surely DO NOT support recasters, but I also do not judge people who have recasts in their own collections).

• Because I'm not selling, you never have to worry when buying something from Toni Plutonij.

• Toni Plutonij is avid collector of merchandise that is related to Terminator movies (if it represents the movie in the fashion I like, it's good enough for me).

• Toni Plutonij will not support recasting because he cannot confirm the quality of the piece, but will buy anything that he knows the source of and finds it suitable. I aim for the best, but I don't mind if my items aren't numbered or named!

• Toni Plutonij is a trusted collector among some collectors.
(I wouldn't call myself a collector, but more of a Terminator and a movie in general, fan)

As for the small group of collectors that collect actual screen used props: TP, these are authentic, they are a REAL part of the industry, they exist for a purpose, they are indeed a collectable! They are NOT a recast, they ARE a REAL.
And with this, you have missed my point completely..
First of all, I simply stated that there is group of people who think about you guys, same as you think about recast collectors!
I haven't taken their side, quite the opposite..
That is the fact, people like that DO exist, as I've stumbled upon quite few of them, and personally, know one!

Look at it like this:
Movie is made, in the movie there are some props, after movie is done, some of the props get auctioned, collectors buy these pieces, pay big money and they enjoy it..

Stuff that we all get, are authorized REPLICAS of screen used pieces, they are NOT part of movie industry, but part of the collecting universe industry and they are COPIES of the stuff that is screen used. THEY ARE REAL!
Collectors of screen used props find that disturbing (most of them), as they payed big money to get screen used prop, and then, for example, Sideshow, buys the license and molds from the movie, and cast VERY SAME prop, it looks the same, it's painted the same, it's the same thing as screen used, except it isn't used in a movie! Some people are bothered by that (not me, this is all to show you how this kind of thinking is wrong)..

Now, licensed replicas are copies of the real thing, recast is a copy of a copy! It still represents the movie, it still looks very similar (in some situations the same) to a screen used one, is it wrong to do that...YES! Is it usually done in a sloppy manner, and only for profit, YES! Are people who collect, and can't get some particular piece for their collection, but want it as they like the movie, and what it represents, in wrong for having unlicensed piece in their collection? NO!

That's all I'm saying..
I'm no recaster by any means, I don't sell anything, I simply say that your point of view, is wrong in my eyes! ;)

Last edited:

Happy to catch some action for once!!

this thread quickly went from useful and interesting to not.

Reminds me of sherdog! Except noone is saying they can bench 275 and beat up pro fighters, yet.

I recall them trying to block my IP address from logging into their forums. I was able to hack right in and post what ever I wanted to all over their black walls.

As sabres said, it wasn't a hack...you changed your IP & re-registered just to cause trouble and show us how mature you are. Bravo!

We run a simple & free forum with a few hundred Alien/Pred fans. We shouldn't have to figure out crafty ways to block people with little else to do in their lives than "hack" forums & talk nonsense.

***Buy a recast and the hive will ban you! Express yourself and the hive will ban you! The hive is an elite members only forum!****They account for 98% aliens, predator content not!

We banned you because of your continuous insults, your inability to follow our forum rules, and your utter lack of respect.

No one asked for your 2 cents or Sabres21768 to come in here and try to high jack the thread/topic. That's exactly what your both doing now. Unless you guys have something to contribute why don't you go back to your little hive. You both have no powers to be in here so please move on or contribute something positive to the thread other then talking about old hash he said/she said B.S. Step up to the plate and contribute something other then trolling this thread with your B.S. Go run back to your hive and fill the boys in for me would ya? I know you will it's inevitable and the true dark nature of you soul.

Last edited:

The power we do have here is to let everyone know that you're full of crap.

You lied trying to justify your purchase of a recast...no getting around that one.

If you're so proud of it, and could care less what anyone thinks...why lie?

You lie and your still an internet troll. Yeah, I own a recast got a problem with it? I also own a sideshow genuine unlike you and your doll collections. I also have a HGC alien bust on pre-order along with my 8th passenger full size prop that's currently in production. Man, you can't even touch my collection. Go play with you stick men and paint them up in a corner. Let me know when you start owning some real good stuff. I didn't see much in your collection other then 1 or even 2 items worth anything of value. I expressed comments relating the recasts to some of the members so if you want to take this to a new level do it on your own Mr. I'm always right. I'm not taking anything you say to heart because your the one who wanted to bring it to a new level so here we are.

Last edited:

Get this thread back on track or it will be closed.

You lie and your still an internet troll. Yeah I own a recast got a problem with it? I also own a sideshow genuine unlike you and your doll collection.

What did I lie about, the fact that you lied?

Nope, that's true for sure. :rotfl

I want an original Alien Warrior bust from Sideshow someday. Unfortunately, I don't know if that day will ever come.:(

That recasted Alien looks to be worth about 100 bucks, if that....

Please guys, let it be......Sabres21768, if Digital_Maximus turns out to be a problematic one, he'll be banned for sure, just let it go..
And Digital_Maximus, simply stop arguing, this is internet, nobody can "win", and in the end, you'll both end up looking stupid :p

Listen to the MaulFan!

Reading some of the responces on in this thread, some people would be better living in the past to go on witch hunts and burn people alive.... end of the day its YOUR money and you can spend it on what ever you like. This does not have to be justified to anyone on this forum, if someone wants to buy a recast its there choice and the opinions that it devalues a collection or makes you an untrust worthy person if placed in the same room as your other stuff .... well thats just f*ucking stupid . Some people that want only originals well thats your choice, but dont knock some one who wants to save himself money. Alot of people out there are not bothered about the art work box and the numbered felt on the bottom. to me is not important and we just want the bust / symbol of that movie in our collections.

Buy what you want / collect what you want. and if you dont like it tell some one who cares ! !

Reading some of the responces on in this thread, some people would be better living in the past to go on witch hunts and burn people alive.... end of the day its YOUR money and you can spend it on what ever you like. This does not have to be justified to anyone on this forum, if someone wants to buy a recast its there choice and the opinions that it devalues a collection or makes you an untrust worthy person if placed in the same room as your other stuff .... well thats just f*ucking stupid . Some people that want only originals well thats your choice, but dont knock some one who wants to save himself money. Alot of people out there are not bothered about the art work box and the numbered felt on the bottom. to me is not important and we just want the bust / symbol of that movie in our collections.

Buy what you want / collect what you want. and if you dont like it tell some one who cares ! !
My thought exactly, only much better expressed, especially the bolded part.

Back