How to identify recast Sideshow ALIENS 1:1 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What's with all these recast Aliens 1:1 busts on ebay???

ytr001.jpg

HOw do we know that you actually have a geniune bust? You buy recasts so, what's stopping you from having a painter match the paint of the original? For all we know, you could have done just that.
IMO your so called "genuine" bust, is a fake too.
That's why I would never buy a statue from a person who buys recasts. You just never know what you will get.

What I mean is, depending on the situation, if the person you're asking for pics from is a seller, you should be reporting them, not asking them to show the item to you.

I DO NOT support the sales of recast item. I just REALLY wanted to know how to spot a fake.

What I mean is, depending on the situation, if the person you're asking for pics from is a seller, you should be reporting them, not asking them to show the item to you.

How was anyone supposed to know he was a seller until after he posted the pics, when he said he was willing to sell one?

HOw do we know that you actually have a geniune bust? You buy recasts so, what's stopping you from having a painter match the paint of the original? For all we know, you could have done just that.
That's why I would never buy a statue from a person who buys recasts. You just never know what you will get.

Exactly what I was thinking :)

It slipped to my mind that both of these busts could be recasts! :rotfl

Actually i think that is a real bust. I get a feeling he probably regretted his purchase and is just trying to pass his off now :lol

How was anyone supposed to know he was a seller until after he posted the pics, when he said he was willing to sell one?

I'm not saying this particular request, just as a general rule, if you should happen to know that someone is selling a recast, please don't ask for photos, just report them.

Yes, it is valuable to know what a recast looks like and a comparison picture is always welcome.

However any sale of recasts will not be allowed.

This is all good information to have, and I think it is great that we can keep the sale of recasts off this site.

I couldn't agree more with this rule :)

I do have a question however, can anybody with the original Alien bust, looks closely at the posted pictures, and see if the "original" alien from pictures, is in fact original, and not a differently painted recast as well..Look for a subtle details..

I will prove my Alien Warrior bust is a sideshow version for those calling me out! I will put you in your place shortly but first let's covers a couple of other things while were on the subject. For the record if there's any recaster haters out there who love to report then be my guest. Sideshow clearly doesn't give a ?????! How you might ask? I even called them out on it. I made a couple of phone calls and talked with a live rep and they forwarded all the sellers to their media department and not a damn single auction has been closed off and that was a month ago. This accounts primarily for those who do this for a living meaning those Taiwan suppliers overseas. So all your reporting has done nothing other then earn you a t-shirt at best. Shouldn't you be asking the question now as to who sold the original molds to the recasters? I would because the one I have is dead on when it comes to the size, shape and positioning other then the paint job. So what Sideshow trader that values their company/product would sell off their mold sets to recasters is my burning question? Without the molds your not going to get a recast this close to what sideshow's was at any rate.

Dave, why dont you just dont ban those idiots supporting recast.What a failure those people are.And there is some on this very thread.

Dave, why dont you just dont ban those idiots supporting recast.What a failure those people are.And there is some on this very thread.

I don't see the need for insults.....Really....

It is funny just how many people that gripe about recasts have unlincenced figures and statues in their collection. Artists that sculpt and sell iconic figures without permission or a licence are breaking the law just as much as the recastors but you hardly hear complaints about them.

:rotfl Just as Shai Hulud posted insulting post here, right after he posted supporting comment on Howards unlicensed bust piece :p

:rotfl Just as Shai Hulud posted insulting post here, right after he posted supporting comment on Howards unlicensed bust piece :p

that wasnt a recast.Fool.

Are you from China? Phillipines? Pretty sure you are.:lol:lol:lol

Ok guys, no need to have a pissing match over things.

Bottom line, selling of recasts is wrong and to be reported here and to Sideshow.

Ok guys, no need to have a pissing match over things.

Bottom line, selling of recasts is wrong and to be reported here and to Sideshow.

And encouraging recast is rather dumb too.That Pluton guy is now on ''the list''.

Yes, encouraging of it is not good either.

Guys you know this is the only recast I own and at least you have a real time comparison on a real genuine sideshow bust and a recast side by side. Love it hate it at least you know. And be thankful because no one else covered this hot topic in your entire forum but me has an under study. It's my right to sell my recast I purchased. Yes, I was in the wrong by posting it here for selling. I wasn't aware of the forum rules but now I clearly am. Thank you! There's no need to hate just educate!

Back