How to identify recast Sideshow ALIENS 1:1 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason things got ugly in here is because the conversation strayed off topic and it became a fight over the rights and wrongs of recasting. While healthy discussion of that isn't something to be ignored, it can't stay civil around here so the thread's best off without it.

The point of this thread, however, is simply to identify the traits of recasts vs. originals and also known recast sellers to help the community avoid being ripped off thinking they're buying and original and it's not. Anyone who can contribute to point those details out should feel free and welcome to do so here, no one is going to come down on you for being able to help point it out.

That seller was identified earlier as a recaster.

It is hard for anybody to read thru pages and pages to look for an e-bay link that was identified earlier. Perhaps this forum can create an official page which has the re-casters names, and their items so we can all avoid them. It would benefit everyone so we do not make any mistakes.

It is hard for anybody to read thru pages and pages to look for an e-bay link that was identified earlier. Perhaps this forum can create an official page which has the re-casters names, and their items so we can all avoid them. It would benefit everyone so we do not make any mistakes.

Great idea!

ebay alien warrior recasters:

u_model
jason04080702
hobbyzone2008
direct-4u

I wish Sideshow would use some of their corporate strength and attack ebay for allowing these sorts of auctions to continue. I always report and nothing comes out of it. :mad:
Maulfan, is there anyway you could direct a sideshow rep. to respond on this matter. I wonder what their stance is aside from what is posted on their website. Are their hands tied in terms of preventing the official sale of these things on ebay?

Not a clue, they've created the page to promote the reporting of these things, if things aren't getting done to stop, I don't know and it's unlikely Sideshow will publicly address why.

How can you tell If its a recast?
Can someone post pics of the base, whats the things to look out for?
Really need help on this.

Thanks.

It's not clear to everyone, thus this thread, perhaps you could actually list or mark photos to help it be clear to everyone why that's not an original.

For me, as a owner of the original. I've been staring at the thing for way too many times and way long. The differences is screaming out to be noticed. Simple as that. There are 3 quick ways to spot the not.

Fake ones -

1. Color differences and airbrush patterns and strokes. Most obvious on the tube pieces. Fake ones are not subtle.

2. The clear cast pieces around mouth should be yellowish instead of clear off white or looks like a slip on piece.

3. Glossy look under the black cut off area. The real deal is not(matte).

Oh and the overall tone of the real deal is way darker even under some decent lighting. Unless it's under harsh flash or day light. Some paint details on the original are not easy to spot.

Some fake ones can get one part close to the mentioned...characteristic, but never all 3 of them. Now there you go. The recasters can now improve the future recasts.

Last edited:
I am bumping up this thread because this issue is really upsetting. I currently count 4 Recasts currently on Ebay. Sideshow needs to send a formal letter to Ebay requesting that the listings be removed. I personally vow to do my part in reporting these thieves, until something is done.

Here is the Info from Sideshows Website...I would suggest all others who would like to put an end to the sale of recasts on Ebay do the same.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5442&utm_source=search0109#step3

You can also report directly to sideshow at:

[email protected]

Enough is enough...

I am bumping up this thread because this issue is really upsetting. I currently count 4 Recasts currently on Ebay. Sideshow needs to send a formal letter to Ebay requesting that the listings be removed. I personally vow to do my part in reporting these thieves, until something is done.

Here is the Info from Sideshows Website...I would suggest all others who would like to put an end to the sale of recasts on Ebay do the same.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5442&utm_source=search0109#step3

You can also report directly to sideshow at:

[email protected]

Enough is enough...

Hey bro. i think with the huge differences between the real and recast,
aliens bust, i'll be surprised if anyone bites :eek:

LOL, there's an eBay sale on right now, where they practically state it's not the original thing.
I think such things are meant to cater to those who just want a decorative piece, not worrying about whether or not it's legit.

Honestly, I wouldn't care, as long as the paint job was good and it's cheaper than the real thing, but either way I'd never spend that much money to begin with. It's 1/6 figures and non-lifesize statues/busts for me.

More recasters...

https://cgi.ebay.com/Alien-Bust-Sta...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230611c3cb

https://cgi.ebay.com/Alien-Bust-Sta...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c1135f7fe

Notice how the listing pages look exactly the same, except for the member names. But the location, seller store, and other info on the top-right information box is identical.
Both of these sellers have plenty more of these guys on eBay, and I think I even saw one that they said was un-painted, raw -- a dead giveaway.

Not only that, but the paintjob on the shoulder sails is crap.

Sorry for bumping, but these seem to be some of the only recast sellers on eBay right now from what I can tell. Chances are they'll bounce back, if they keep recreating member names, but... well, there it is.

More recasters...

https://cgi.ebay.com/Alien-Bust-Sta...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230611c3cb

https://cgi.ebay.com/Alien-Bust-Sta...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c1135f7fe

Notice how the listing pages look exactly the same, except for the member names. But the location, seller store, and other info on the top-right information box is identical.
Both of these sellers have plenty more of these guys on eBay, and I think I even saw one that they said was un-painted, raw -- a dead giveaway.

Not only that, but the paintjob on the shoulder sails is crap.

Sorry for bumping, but these seem to be some of the only recast sellers on eBay right now from what I can tell. Chances are they'll bounce back, if they keep recreating member names, but... well, there it is.

Whenever you find them, report them to ebay and forward links to Sideshow at "[email protected]"

Funny thing is, those guys'll bounce back. I mean, they just get a new account. Like someone said here earlier, this is definitely something that SS should handle along with eBay.

I see that crap all the time with recasts of their 1:6 headsculpts too

Okay, now this is personal lol ...

Back