How to get rid of a troll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually.. they are. You're probably confusing Assault with Battery, which a lot of people do.

Battery = Physical Contact.

Assault = The Threat of Battery.

Actually.. they are. You're probably confusing Assault with Battery, which a lot of people do.

What makes it doubly confusing is that aggravated assault is actually often just referred to as assault.

WTF? Why don't they just call it aggravated battery? :dunno

578425_414135478676476_1829089554_n.jpg

Amazing to think how many times I get on guys about this. They don't understand that threats on a public board can really come back to bite you in the ***. Even if it's a joke.

I remember a whole class in college devoted to this during my business law class. Its funny how many people don't know this and realize that the threats they make can bite them in the behind.

Ok even there was NO assult by any definition. He not once threatened him. He said he was going to knock on his door, it that's assault, religious groups and sales people are in trouble.

Of course, mfoga knows it all as always. We would probably all do well to defer to his eminent legal expertise.

Having said that, on the off chance he has made some inexplicable error, accusations of assault would have to be decided by a judge. I said he could probably be sued, and he could be. No guarantee the judge would find in the plaintiff's favor. From free legal dictionary (google search):

"Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.

The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat"

Guy made implicit threats then drove to the guy's house where he could have potentially carried them out. Could easily be interpreted as "assault."

Of course, mfoga knows it all as always. We would probably all do well to defer to his eminent legal expertise.

Having said that, on the off chance he has made some inexplicable error, accusations of assault would have to be decided by a judge. I said he could probably be sued, and he could be. No guarantee the judge would find in the plaintiff's favor. From free legal dictionary (google search):

"Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.

The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat"

Guy made implicit threats then drove to the guy's house where he could have potentially carried them out. Could easily be interpreted as "assault."

First if you have an issue with me your welcome to take it to PM instead of taking yet another jab. I would expect much more from a MOD!!!!! Maybe if you want to sit and talk ***** maybe you need to PM Dave ans step down that way you can't hide behind Mod powers when someone comes back after you.

He said I going to knock on your door. And when asked why, he said your find out soon. There is not a single threat in that.

First if you have an issue with me your welcome to take it to PM instead of taking yet another jab. I would expect much more from a MOD!!!!! Maybe if you want to sit and talk ***** maybe you need to PM Dave ans step down that way you can't hide behind Mod powers when someone comes back after you.

He said I going to knock on your door. And when asked why, he said your find out soon. There is not a single threat in that.
Well if I have disappointed you somehow mfoga, then I'm surely gonna lose a lot of sleep over it.

Back