How to dye an 1/6 scale body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pddpcollector

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys, how can I dye an 1/6 scale body into another color? I'll need to dye into a blue tone...
Thanks!

DSC07392-horz_zpse742a94a.jpg

I tried with normal clothes dye,
didn't work , it did dye the 'soft" plastic parts ( joints etc)
but every thing else didn't get affected

so good luck I am interested myself to hear how you go

If an acrylic wash is out of the question, you might want to try a pigment stain. Zebraten has some tips over on the OSW forum which might also work for your body: https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/621628-help-i-need-help-dyeing-tb-league-rubber-body.html

Edit: sorry just to be clear, by acrylic wash I mean a very watered down blue acrylic paint (like dirty water) which is brushed onto the body. I don't know how dark you want it to be in the end, but you can build up the colour gradually.

I tried with normal clothes dye,
didn't work , it did dye the 'soft" plastic parts ( joints etc)
but every thing else didn't get affected

so good luck I am interested myself to hear how you go

If an acrylic wash is out of the question, you might want to try a pigment stain. Zebraten has some tips over on the OSW forum which might also work for your body: https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/621628-help-i-need-help-dyeing-tb-league-rubber-body.html

Edit: sorry just to be clear, by acrylic wash I mean a very watered down blue acrylic paint (like dirty water) which is brushed onto the body. I don't know how dark you want it to be in the end, but you can build up the colour gradually.

Thanks guys, appreciate it!
Regards, Pedro.

I used ground pastel chalks for the above method. womens makeup works well too.I used it on a Phicen body and it wont come off.

Back