How much will you pay for a 1:4 Com?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c11098

Super Freak
Reaction score
I dont know since many people want 1:4 badly, if you are one of the fans who think SSC should make all com into 1:4, how much are you willing to pay for it?

For instance, suppose SSC is keeping its mojo, to make statues with great poses and stunning bases, so if a 1:5 DD costs you $270 and you think it sucks for it is 1:5, will you pay $350 for a 1:4 28" tall DD? Or in case of Nick Fury, $360 for a 1:4?

I think SSC is not stupid and is not unwilling to listen to the customers, but they if they suddenly increase their statue's price to more than $350, they have to make sure there is a market for that. (Look how the new Tomb Raider PF has been said by some as overpriced.)

So if SSC tells you, Yes we listen to your feedback, we do not mind to make all com 1:4, but each is costing at least $350, will you still say I would rather have a 1:4 for $350 then a 1:5 for 270, excluding the extra shipping cost.

(Please also consider the exchange rate between USD and CNY before pointing out few years before a statue cost XXX and YYY.)

$350 for a 1/4 Comiquette is slightly high considering the latest PF, Thor PF, is at $324.99 for the EX. Although with exception, the Hulk Comiquette Ex(1/5) is at $369.99 and Spiderman Comiquette Ex(1/4) is at $359.99.

But yea, I'll pay $350 for a 1/4 Comiquette. Although I will only be buying a select few. Size is only half the battle/story/reason as details/pose/base/etc is just as important if not more.

I think more people join the discussion can show SSC how dedicated we are, I personally think, considering the exchange rate, $350 - $400 is ok. But then we have to encounter the problem, we might only see A list characters again and again.

$350 for a 1/4 Comiquette is slightly high considering the latest PF, Thor PF, is at $324.99 for the EX. Although with exception, the Hulk Comiquette Ex(1/5) is at $369.99 and Spiderman Comiquette Ex(1/4) is at $359.99.

But yea, I'll pay $350 for a 1/4 Comiquette. Although I will only be buying a select few. Size is only half the battle/story/reason as details/pose/base/etc is just as important if not more.

This is exactly my point of view. I think with the same cost SSC can make a 1:4 DD, standing like a wood or SSC can make a close to 1:5 but with a gorgeous base which fit the Art Print. But it appears some people do want their collection to be of the same scale but then they have to sacrifice either

1. Those 1:5 statues with gorgeous settings

or

2. They have to pay a higher price, maybe close to $400 for the same thing in 1:4 scale.

I think, well I hope SSC can do a market research and seeing what really do we want. (My vote, the current 1:5 should keep doing, I love both 1:4 and 1:5) But people might beg to differ.

It's just too much for 1/5, I can pay $199 for that size but with all the new one that just came out was too expensive, $270 plus Tex and shipping is already over $300 in ca.
For 1/4 I think is ok price just because I compare with the 1/5 price, but still, Ss just want to sale more on all the statues now, many of them are ES over 1000( both ex and reagular ) . That is not gonna make statue more valuables. So, if you want to sale more , please lower your price, if the price is high, please lower your ES.

Venom was $250 and Carnage $285. No way I'd pay $350-$400 for a 1/4 comiquette. I'd make the occasional exception with A+ characters (Spider-Man for example) but for the most part keep prices under $300 please.

All depends i guess they they have edition sizes of 750 WTF!.... i dont mind paying anywhere from 275.00-350.00 Technically they should be cheaper then a PF because theres no cloth or extra labor. I dont know where you getting the idea commi's are more expensive then PF's?

Sliver surfers was 300.00 and classic Ironman is about the same price.
I'd say to anwser your question. i would like sideshow to keep the price lower the better but also keeping in mind if your going to ask 400 for a piece dont make ed size of 1000.

All depends i guess they they have edition sizes of 750 WTF!.... i dont mind paying anywhere from 275.00-350.00 Technically they should be cheaper then a PF because theres no cloth or extra labor. I dont know where you getting the idea commi's are more expensive then PF's?

Sliver surfers was 300.00 and classic Ironman is about the same price.
I'd say to anwser your question. i would like sideshow to keep the price lower the better but also keeping in mind if your going to ask 400 for a piece dont make ed size of 1000.

You have a point. On the other hand some PF's material, pajama PF, do cover alot up and thus have no need of paint/details. They might have bulging polystone to show the appearance of muscle against fabric. Example, Wolverine PF EX at $299.99, Sabretooth PF EX at $329.99. And thus is easier to just wrap them in material. The 1/4 Comiquette are much bigger and require more surface details should cost more. Make it from an A-List character like Spiderman with all the hand paint details and bam! Reason why Spiderman Comiquette EX cost $359.99 or $349.99 for Reg.

I think most would agree Silver Surfer might be big but he's easier to paint with everything being silver except the bottom base. I am not even sure if they have different tone of silver on him. Thus 1/4 comiquette could easily exceeds PF in initial monetary value.

I have to agree with Wookie. PFs are harder to make compared with Comiquettes and should be priced accordingly. It would take more time to work out how to integrate the fabric than to sculpt and paint.

Remember that the Venom Comiquette was $249. The Spider-Man comiquette was over $300 due to the A+ character markup. I can understand that it has a bigger base but the sculpting detail on Venom and Carnage were way more impressive.

I fail to see the point of this thread. It's not like if we all said "200!" that SSC would do anything about it. The cost it was it is. The way you make a company notice is to "vote with your wallet" if you will but given that the discussion forum here is less than 10% of the SSC buying community, any objections to price is just screaming in the wind.

This is exactly my point of view. I think with the same cost SSC can make a 1:4 DD, standing like a wood or SSC can make a close to 1:5 but with a gorgeous base which fit the Art Print. But it appears some people do want their collection to be of the same scale but then they have to sacrifice either

1. Those 1:5 statues with gorgeous settings

or

2. They have to pay a higher price, maybe close to $400 for the same thing in 1:4 scale.

I think, well I hope SSC can do a market research and seeing what really do we want. (My vote, the current 1:5 should keep doing, I love both 1:4 and 1:5) But people might beg to differ.

The current 1/5 DD Comiquette Ex is at $269.99 while the Reg is at $259.99. If they made it 1/4, I am sure they can make em at around $320. DD isn't as popular as Spiderman and so I doubt SSC can milk us as much as Spiderman Comiquette. :lol I feel sorry for those that turn Spiderman Comiquette down due to price. :slap

I'll go as far to say a cool $500 on something I consider both a must have and also very limited.

If it isn't both of those then my limit would hover in the $350 range :D

I fail to see the point of this thread. It's not like if we all said "200!" that SSC would do anything about it. The cost it was it is. The way you make a company notice is to "vote with your wallet" if you will but given that the discussion forum here is less than 10% of the SSC buying community, any objections to price is just screaming in the wind.

Without being a pessimist, you are right. But it won't stop people from communicating such. At least these forum are good for sharing thoughts and pictures.

I would pay $300-350+ if it is a desired character, 1/4th, and an exellent sculpt.
The cost is was it is. The way you make a company notice is to "vote with your wallet" if you will, but given that the discussion forum here is less than 10% of the SSC buying community, any objections to price is just screaming in the wind.
Great post. I have started emailing their CS and "Ask Sideshow" each time I pass on a preorder because of scale; it is fun to debate/discuss scale on the boards, but I assume that emailing them will get their attention ALOT faster than the message boards considering that I have now passed on 5-6 preorders.

I have to agree with Wookie. PFs are harder to make compared with Comiquettes and should be priced accordingly. It would take more time to work out how to integrate the fabric than to sculpt and paint.

Remember that the Venom Comiquette was $249. The Spider-Man comiquette was over $300 due to the A+ character markup. I can understand that it has a bigger base but the sculpting detail on Venom and Carnage were way more impressive.

Venom Comiquette Ex is at $264.99 while the Reg is at $249.99. Venom's preview came out in the middle of 2009. Prices have increased since then.

On the other hand, SSC milked us good with Spiderman Comiquette, LOL. Oh well, if you want 1/4 scale comiquette, prepare to cough up some $$$ :nana:

Venom Comiquette Ex is at $264.99 while the Reg is at $249.99. Venom's preview came out in the middle of 2009. Prices have increased since then.

On the other hand, SSC milked us good with Spiderman Comiquette, LOL. Oh well, if you want 1/4 scale comiquette, prepare to cough up some $$$ :nana:

Increasing prices doesn't explain it completely. Why haven't they increased so much for PFs then? Gambit and Wolverine were both up for order at the end of 2009 and priced under $300 ($275 for Gambit and $289 for Wolverine). Today's PF are still around that price for an average sized character (Cyclops and Rogue are both $299).

And yes they totally milked us with Spider-Man. In fact we were milked so willingly that they thought Spider-Man fans would pay willingly for any Spidey product. $289 (reg) or $299 (ex) for a 1/5 Hobgoblin commiquette :slap No thanks!

Without being a pessimist, you are right. But it won't stop people from communicating such. At least these forum are good for sharing thoughts and pictures.

That is definitely true as long as people realize they aren't really doing much but expressing their opinion.

I guess along that vein it would matter more of what we were getting for said price really. The Man Thing Comiquette is $500 before shipping or anything and having seen it in person it's worth every dime. Whereas some other pieces just feel inflated.

A comiquette should be cheaper than a PF if they are both the same scale and have a similar base. It is not like making a statue 20-25% bigger is a massive expense because polystone is not that expensive...I'm sure it's cheaper than making fabric clothing...

I think for sideshow its a double edge sword. You also forget how much work go into R&D its not like they just choose any design. It seems there's a group of people that do proper research before they produce a product.

And then you have to pay the sculptor!... You really then the actually people that sculpt get paid 100.00 per sculpt.

If you like a fancy box or Fancy art on the bottom of the statue Or even paint application research. I don't think SS does one statue with one paint job and rolls with it.

Also If you hiring an artist like AH! to work on a piece i can guarantee his commission work inst cheap. SS is probably forking over 10K per commission. Bumping the cost per bit. SS has to pay for licensing and flip a profit and then factor in Edition size!

The truth is you get wait you pay for, i don't mind spending the extra money as long as the product is solid and turn out awesome. Also SS is going to keep moving pricing up till there sitting on stock.

also if its 1/4 i consider it a PF. lol... cloth or no cloth.

Back