How much is the GG Babydoll worth?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an opportunity to purchase one for 850. Is this a fair price?

I think that's a bit high but it does go up to that price. I would say best is 700.00 to 750.00 max is reasonable. Sure could be lower a bit but some has issues, shipping, customs not added on. She's a stunning statue! Fully sculpted is so awesome!

I think that's a bit high but it does go up to that price. I would say best is 700.00 to 750.00 max is reasonable. Sure could be lower a bit but some has issues, shipping, customs not added on. She's a stunning statue! Fully sculpted is so awesome!

Thanks dude. Do you have this piece?

Thanks dude. Do you have this piece?

I did but and loved it. I bought it about 9 months ago for 700.00. It was the very cheapest I could find at that price. It was the American version which is more rare holding the sword case and the sword. Also it was a rare AP version. I loved it, but since I bought the SS BD. I didn't need it anymore. I don't want two BD with space running thin. So I sold it to a very nice member on this forum along with a few other sp girls. This GG BD looks so much better in person. You will love it. Ask the seller to do 700.00 shipped with payment ASAP. If not then I would wait and see if he comes back. If not there's others. Either way you look at it. It's a expensive statue so I'm sure people are not rushing to buy his at 850.00. For that price it needs to be a USA version, or maybe a AP at least.

Isn't the Japanese variant rarer?

I believe the hard to find one was the USA version. The first release version. The one holding the gun is the cheaper reissue version. I'm not sure which one is the Japanese version. But the one holding the sword and sword case is the rare version not the one holding the pistol.

There is a difference between rarity and availlability. Both versions have an edition size of 500. The Japanese version is the ne holding the gun and it is not a reissue. They were produced at the same time, but the Japanese version was solicted just a couple of months before they were available. The US version is harder to find as those who originally got her held on to it for the most part. And those who flipped her did so fairly early on.

I prefer the Japanese version because she has her 1911 drawn. I sold off my US version and kept the Japanese version. Did feel the need to keep both

There is a difference between rarity and availlability. Both versions have an edition size of 500. The Japanese version is the ne holding the gun and it is not a reissue. They were produced at the same time, but the Japanese version was solicted just a couple of months before they were available. The US version is harder to find as those who originally got her held on to it for the most part. And those who flipped her did so fairly early on.

I prefer the Japanese version because she has her 1911 drawn. I sold off my US version and kept the Japanese version. Did feel the need to keep both

What he said.

Both are great. I think $850 is too much. $750 shipped is fair.

I like the GG version as well, but since I was shut out I had two options:
1. Pay some scalper/flipper dbag $800-1000 for a $200 statue
-or-
2. Pay a manufacturer $350 for their version.

My pride and respect for my money made it a simple choice.

I have both Gentle Giant's Japanese variant and Sideshow's version of Babydoll.

I love them both. :yess:

:clap congrats on both! They are bothngreat in thier own ways!

I like the GG version as well, but since I was shut out I had two options:
1. Pay some scalper/flipper dbag $800-1000 for a $200 statue
-or-
2. Pay a manufacturer $350 for their version.

My pride and respect for my money made it a simple choice.

200.00 statue? Wow! Those good old days right? Well actually I think it's SS charging a bit more because they are just more expensive or at least they just charge more faster then others.

Back