How much do you think this will go for?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
republicans like colbert ramming the thought home that the iraq conflict is a just and deserving war worthy of charity support. :slap

So the troops that are called into this conflict---whether they believe it is a just war or not---don't deserve support?

You're an idiot. Wish I could come up with something more clever there, but really....you're just an idiot.:emperor

I still think it's funny b/c Colbert totally makes fun of all Republicans, Republican issues, and makes an ass out of himself, a registered Republican, to solely show support towards liberals. So I still cannot see why you brought him up in your post. :lol

I still think it's funny b/c Colbert totally makes fun of all Republicans, Republican issues, and makes an ass out of himself, a registered Republican, to solely show support towards liberals. So I still cannot see why you brought him up in your post. :lol

Exactly. Colbert is NOT a Republican. His whole show is a parody of the O'Reilly Factor. Anyone trying to use Colbert as an example of someone pushing a Republican agenda totally misses the point.

So the troops that are called into this conflict---whether they believe it is a just war or not---don't deserve support?

You're an idiot. Wish I could come up with something more clever there, but really....you're just an idiot.:emperor

I wouldn't call him an idiot. He's entitled to his opinion and I don't think he's saying the troops don't deserve support. I believe what he's saying is that he doesn't like anything that lends legitimacy to the Iraq war. Although it's hard to argue that he did seem against the notion of raising $ for a military-related charity simply because of his dislike of the war. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of that doubt.

I believe what he's saying is that he doesn't like anything that lends legitimacy to the Iraq war.

That's the sentiment that ended with people spitting on our soldiers when they returned from 'Nam.

And if US servicemen & women being killed every single day by a group of zealots that despise our country doesn't make for a legitimate war...then I really don't think there's much help for the guy.

But hey, this dialogue is great. And maybe someday, thanks to our military actions---Iraqis can have this same kind of chat.

That's the sentiment that ended with people spitting on our soldiers when they returned from 'Nam.

And if US servicemen & women being killed every single day by a group of zealots that despise our country doesn't make for a legitimate war...then I really don't think there's much help for the guy.

But hey, this dialogue is great. And maybe someday, thanks to our military actions---Iraqis can have this same kind of chat.

Well, you can at least count on them having the guns we're giving them.

You're preaching to the choir my friend. I agree 100%. It's a shame we have such a poor communicator for a President. That, combined with a politcal party willing to do and say anything to return to power is a deadly combination. It's a shame that our soldiers have become political pawns yet again. As the great liberal Sting sang, "History will teach us nothing."

And if US servicemen & women being killed every single day by a group of zealots that despise our country doesn't make for a legitimate war...

I'm not going to get into a debate on whether or not we should have gone into Iraq, but you're logic for starting said war is, um, fallacious to put it mildly.

As the great liberal Sting sang, "History will teach us nothing."

No offense to you, but that's a load of crap. History teaches us many things, it also repeats itself quite a bit, which gives a chance to look back at what happened and find a prevent it from happening again.

As for the war, just ask some of the soldiers who were tasked with finding WMDs when Saddam claimed he didn't have any. Hell, my own brother was part of a squad who was assigned to finding WMDs and they found a bunch of them(Nerve gas, SARS, Anthrax, Nukes, etc...) buried in trailers underground about five miles from a recently abandoned launch site.

We've had a few soldiers come back to our town who Ive asked about the situation there and each one had told me that the News is making a big deal out of it.

Also remember, the same guys we're fighting now, are still the same Al-Qaeda responsible for 9/11, remember? Seriously, people claim 'They'll never forget' about 9/11, yet they forget so easily that the same guys we're fighting are the one's responsible for it. People die in war, I hate it as much as anyone else, but it's a cold hard fact of life.

I'm not saying you have to believe me, but I'd trust someone who was there over some lying, grinning politician who just wants to get into the White House than defending his own country any day.

As far as Colbert, I find him and Stewart abit annoying. Yes, we know the government is full of idiotic buffoons, tell us something we don't know. I don't know why anyone would spend $16,000 on a cast, but if the $$$ is going to our troops, then I'm all for it.

Last edited:
Very well said. :clap

As far as Colbert, I find him and Stewart abit annoying. Yes, we know the government is full of idiotic buffoons, tell us something we don't know. I don't know why anyone would spend $16,000 on a cast, but if the $$$ is going to our troops, then I'm all for it.

And an important point that that needs to be made is that it isn't a government full of Republican buffoons (as seems to be the trendy claim these days). It is a government full of buffoons of all shapes, sizes and political persuasions. That isn't anything new with this administration, and it won't end when the next administration begins, regardless of the parenthetical letter following the new president's name.

Very well said. :clap

And an important point that that needs to be made is that it isn't a government full of Republican buffoons (as seems to be the trendy claim these days). It is a government full of buffoons of all shapes, sizes and political persuasions. That isn't anything new with this administration, and it won't end when the next administration begins, regardless of the parenthetical letter following the new president's name.
Thanks!:D

I'm talking about both Democrat and Republicans, BTW. ;) Quite frankly, both parties should be working WITH each other instead of AGAINST each other. I guarantee you that we'd get things done a hell of a lot faster than we are now. And agreed, it's pretty much a neverending cycle of stupidity and incompetence when it comes to Administrations. Both sides claim they'll change things that are wrong, yet they never do and when they do, it's only by a very small percentage. Both parties are all talk and no do, IMHO.

I'm not going to get into a debate on whether or not we should have gone into Iraq, but you're logic for starting said war is, um, fallacious to put it mildly.

Read a little closer. I never said that's why we started the war. But you no doubt realize that it is a legitimate war because of the simple facts that I mentioned.

Right?

I mean, you used a pretty good word there (fallacious)...I'm guessing that your reading comprehension is ample.

Utilize it.

Okay, I love Colbert - and I think we can all agree that this cast is being auctioned for a worthy cause. But political arguements have no place on this forum. We'll have to lock down the thread if it doesn't get back on topic.

Read a little closer. I never said that's why we started the war. But you no doubt realize that it is a legitimate war because of the simple facts that I mentioned.

Right?

I mean, you used a pretty good word there (fallacious)...I'm guessing that your reading comprehension is ample.

Utilize it.

Whatever you say, dude. Are you always this angry?

Whatever you say, dude. Are you always this angry?

Hey don't get me wrong, we're just having a dialogue. I just thought it was horrible that someone was angry b/c this money might actually go to help some of our soldiers.

However, Colbert---whatever his political preference...is a cool dude.

'Nuff said.

No offense to you, but that's a load of crap. History teaches us many things, it also repeats itself quite a bit, which gives a chance to look back at what happened and find a prevent it from happening again.

As for the war, just ask some of the soldiers who were tasked with finding WMDs when Saddam claimed he didn't have any. Hell, my own brother was part of a squad who was assigned to finding WMDs and they found a bunch of them(Nerve gas, SARS, Anthrax, Nukes, etc...) buried in trailers underground about five miles from a recently abandoned launch site.

We've had a few soldiers come back to our town who Ive asked about the situation there and each one had told me that the News is making a big deal out of it.

Also remember, the same guys we're fighting now, are still the same Al-Qaeda responsible for 9/11, remember? Seriously, people claim 'They'll never forget' about 9/11, yet they forget so easily that the same guys we're fighting are the one's responsible for it. People die in war, I hate it as much as anyone else, but it's a cold hard fact of life.

I'm not saying you have to believe me, but I'd trust someone who was there over some lying, grinning politician who just wants to get into the White House than defending his own country any day.

My point was that we didn't learn anything from Vietnam when we let the politicians and the leftists in this country fresh from the 60's "revolution" dictate the rules of engagement. We're repeating the exact same mistakes now, except the reasons for the political opposition is far less noble these days. And you must've misunderstood me completely because I am not against the war. I firmly believe that most of the WMD's went over the border to Syria.

your witty name calling is only surpassed by your reading comprehension skills.
are you and eagle the same person?

did i say the troops weren't worth supporting? i said colbert supports the war in iraq but gathers the sympathies of those that don't by donating to a charity that directly benefits the families of the troops. that way he gets support from the left and the right. colbert is a fence rider.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!! NOT AN ADMINISTRATION STILL SEARCHING FOR NON-EXISTANT WMDs!!!

I wouldn't call him an idiot. He's entitled to his opinion and I don't think he's saying the troops don't deserve support. I believe what he's saying is that he doesn't like anything that lends legitimacy to the Iraq war. Although it's hard to argue that he did seem against the notion of raising $ for a military-related charity simply because of his dislike of the war. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of that doubt.

zack lee. :D:D:D

Thanks!:D

I'm talking about both Democrat and Republicans, BTW. ;) Quite frankly, both parties should be working WITH each other instead of AGAINST each other. I guarantee you that we'd get things done a hell of a lot faster than we are now. And agreed, it's pretty much a neverending cycle of stupidity and incompetence when it comes to Administrations. Both sides claim they'll change things that are wrong, yet they never do and when they do, it's only by a very small percentage. Both parties are all talk and no do, IMHO.

i gather you don't feel a two party system works with today's coplex issues? 1776 was a long time ago and things have changed a bit since then. :lol

Okay, I love Colbert - and I think we can all agree that this cast is being auctioned for a worthy cause. But political arguements have no place on this forum. We'll have to lock down the thread if it doesn't get back on topic.

I feel a lock down coming. :emperor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back