How many would easily pay extra for customized 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay extra to help Sideshow compensate for the customization costs?

• Yes

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • No

Votes: 41 42.7%

• Total voters
TheObsoleteMan said:
Because real hair lays down flat when you put a hat or helmet on it, sculpted hair doesn't.

So sculpt the hair flat? I get hat hair from a baseball cap, I imagine they would from a full helmet.

bluesparrow said:
So sculpt the hair flat? I get hat hair from a baseball cap, I imagine they would from a full helmet.

They did that with the Van Helsing figure and the effect wasn't very flattering.

I agree. I think swapable heads is the best answer. But if they do that, I would also like a hollow helmet so you could have the figure holding it in his hands when he has his 'sans helmet' head.

BTW, do Sideshow bodies use ball jointed necks?

JustinLuck said:
BTW, do Sideshow bodies use ball jointed necks?

They do, except for talking figures like Scarface and R. Lee Ermey.
I almost want to replace the body on my Tony Montana, because the ball jointed neck adds so much personality. He can't do his signature pose from the poster!!
Also, certain figures like Jason pt. 2 has a sculpted head down to the shoulders, so no neck articulation there. Hopefully we won't see that sort of thing with this line.

bluesparrow said:
I never understood the oversized removeable helmet thing - how'd the costume helmets in the actual film be a normal size if it is so impossible?

I suppose they could just do swappable heads. There'd be an advantage to them doing that, since the same sculpt could be used for boba, jango, clone troopers, etc to save costs.
Unfortunately, all the Clones in AOTC and ROTS were all computer generated. They never made practical working helmets for these characters so they'll most likely have to be made with their helmets sculpted in place as heads. Still, there are many others that would require removable helmets:
-Vader in ROTJ
-Jango Fett
-Luke and Han in Stormtrooper costumes
-Leia in Bosh disguise
-Luke and Leia in Endor gear
-Luke in X-Wing gear
-Han and luke with Headphones and mikes in ANH when they are manning the Falcon's guns
Luke and Han on Hoth
-Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone trooper armor from Clone Wars animated
-Obi-Wan, and Anakin with their headphones on when they pilot their Starships in ROTS
-Luke in helmet with the blast shield down in ANH
-and the various Rebellion army guys
I can live with most of them having non removable helmets/head gear and I'm not really interested in Luke with the blast shield down in ANH, but I hope Sideshow does include secondary heads of many of these.
I think only Vader would be practical to make with removable helmet.
It may sound crazy but I'd really like Luke and Han with their gunner headphones on and Obi-Wan in his clone trooper armor with a helmeted head. :google

Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper armor - well I'm sure that will be the winner of the next EU poll!

And I think the headsets could conceiveably done as an accessory. It won't look exactly right, but I can't see sculpting a whole new head this way.

I was referring mainly to the Storm troopers in the original trilogy - their helmets didn't seem oversized. The hair thing makes sense - though if they say they can't do the Leia in Boussh disguise because of that, I'm calling BS(since she'd have rooted hair).

Darklord Dave said:
Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper armor - well I'm sure that will be the winner of the next EU poll!

I agree. I guess with the elevated prices of the Clone Wars Maquettes from GG people want to get cheaper versions of these characters in these outfits. I own all the CW maquettes and I don't blame them.

It would work for Stormtrooper helmets, but other then Luke and Han there wouldn't be much need of removable helmets. It would mean that their hair sculpt might be different, they had some long hair back then.
But it hasn't been fully established what the Stormtroopers look like under the helmets, they could've changed the Clone Stock for the Imperial army.

As much as I would like a General Kenobi in Clone armor, I have to insist that it be left off the next EU Poll if there is one. I think Sideshow would've learned that it erupts in too much controversy. They just have to make one outside of the EU polls and it will sell. Just EU Characters in EU POlls thank you.
Personally, I was never interested in the Clone Wars Maquettes, I love the Clone Wars Cartoon, but not that style for action figures of any sort. But it may be a part of the demand for that cursed Padme figure.

It seems like someone said it was unlikely it would be the cartoon style. I think it was first mentioned in the message system they have that comes with news announcements, and then later during the fantacular chat. I could be mistaken, or they could change their minds. It'll be interesting to see.

Seeing how Natalie Portman never wore that outfit it will be interesting to see her face in it.

This will sell out faster than Luke for sure. The Clone Wars maquette people want their Padme Snow Bunny. That alone will bring lots of folks in looking for it.

No matter how you vote the truth is: you have already.

But getting away from individual figures for a moment: the one thing that has always been is an old idea (one I had long ago) that has never been used: Ranks.

No SW collection could be complete without massive amounts of troops. Why doesn't SS or other company make rows and rows of immoveable figures? Sets of 5 or so figures could add up quickly. They could also be made with less expense than articulated figures.

Imagine how impressive shots of the hangar decks of the Deathstar would be without them. What about the Medal Ceremony?

Storm Troopers, Clone Troopers, Wookies, Rebels etc etc etc...would all work.

But getting away from individual figures for a moment: the one thing that has always been is an old idea (one I had long ago) that has never been used: Ranks.

No SW collection could be complete without massive amounts of troops. Why doesn't SS or other company make rows and rows of immoveable figures? Sets of 5 or so figures could add up quickly. They could also be made with less expense than articulated figures.

Imagine how impressive shots of the hangar decks of the Deathstar would be without them. What about the Medal Ceremony?

WOW that was one hell of a bump. :emperor

It's about time.

We've waited 2 years for your opinion!

:lol

Back