How many wish Sideshow communicated more with it's fans?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see it likely that Brock'll be back anytime soon. I'm newer to the boards so my comments don't hold much merit compared to the long time veterans, but I participate in several threads and on a daily basis and I've seen threads where there are differences of opinion discussed in civil adult manner, and I've seen threads where emotions run high on both sides of an issue and it becomes an ugly mess, and it seems somewhere along the way, things went from civil to the mess threads to an extent where a single topic has redundant thread after redundant thread filled with the same arguments and hostile communication. SSC employees aren't going to want to come in here and discuss things if people crucify them without ever taking a moment to being open to what they have to say on a matter and not arguing and implying things where there is no factual basis to think them, only emotional speculation.

Maybe so MF, but in fairness Brock was never one of the most frequent posters - going back even to the Ez-board days.

Well I'm speaking more about SSC members in general and just giving a quick mention about Brock. Again, I've not even been a part of this forum for a year so there's much I don't know about, but there's been some drastic changes that I've seen in the vibes in many threads of late.

You are correct, the tone has changed, but then it has always had an ebb and flow. You should have been here for the last days of the Weta line, it certainly got ugly. Sideshow has in fact pulled their presence from certain boards in the past (never this one, but a LOTR board that used to be very popular and is barely moving now); and I sure hope that nothing would ever happen here that would cause that.

I know for certain that they (SS) do not mind criticism or believe that they are somehow above it; but it is sad to see many new posters come on here and make nothing but rude and ignorant attacks.

I blame it on the doll collectors! :lecture :lol :lecture

They aren't allowed to post stuff about upcoming product, so it's not surprising that they aren't forth coming about that kind of thing.

But I have to say that Brock's post was one of the funniest things we've had in a long time...

"The Freaks want you, I know they do! Brock? Brock?! Come back!"

Right constructive talk is one thing but a lot of things lately haven't been.

On the other hand I agree with Dave that post by Brock was mucking hilarious. :rotfl

Darklord Dave said:
They've done live Q&A in the sSC Chatrooms at various events - not only with SSC personnel, but with actors, guest sculptors, etc. I'm sure they'll do something similar again.

Yes, I have chatted with Tom Savini and Lance Hendrickson. Both very nice guys.

shaithis77 said:
Hi fans,

You know, I feel I've tried to communicate with you, but the more things I say to you, the more I feel I'm just talking to a brick wall. Remember that time I saw you looking at that other collectibles company, and called you out on it? I wasn't saying you were going to cheat, or anything, but right away, you call me jealous, and say I was accusing you of cheating. Or how about that time I came home, and found that clamshell in the trash for an action figure. An action figure, of all things? I thought we have moved passed those, but you know what? I accepted it. But when you saw me with bobble heads, did I get the same acceptance? No.

I love you. Really, I do. But there doesn't seem to be a lack of communication. There seems to be a lack of compromise. You asked for no twist ties. I gave it to you. I asked you to accept ABS in a Premium Format, and you threw it back in my face. I'm trying here, ya know.

Maybe it's time we took a little time apart. Maybe then we can realize what it is we're missing between us.

I don't know.

Heartbroken but hopeful,

Brock

;)
:p

I already told you when I was posing that action figure I was thinking about Sideshow the whole time.

Promise:rotfl

This is Hilarious!! SSC Staff do more in a single week to communicate with the fan base then all of the other companies combined.

I get on SSC as a company because product sometimes suuuuucks badly. But I draw a line at personal attacks when it comes to singling out Staff. And that's the problem here. Many have chosen to go after Individual SSC staffers here and on other boards acting in a down right hostile and incomprehensible manner. These people take the time and make the effort to discuss issues and topics related to the various product, only to find themselves on the wrong end a ****storm,I have also noticed that the people doing the attacking seem more interested in getting attention and cheap chuckles at the expense of others instead of actual answers.

So if you'd like SSC staffers to comment and participate here, I'd suggest Y'all stop acting like tools and give the SSC folks a break.

Hardcase01 said:
So if you'd like SSC staffers to comment and participate here, I'd suggest Y'all stop acting like tools and give the SSC folks a break.

I agree. :duff

Hardcase01 said:

Amen my brotha!!

BTW, Inthia rocks!! WOOT

Back