How many quills , doe's ht elder predator 2 suppose to have?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazypredator2

Super Freak
Reaction score
I finally have some ht predator quills on the way, i plan on useing them on my ht elder p2 , how many do i use, so he will be movie acurate ? and whats the best way to apply them? thanks in advance.

if you don't already know how to make it movie accurate, i wouldn't risk screwing up a figure that'll cost $400+ to replace.
chances are you're already in deep as it is with the cost of the figure, plus the cost of the quills (i'm assuming you won that auction that went for like $40 today) so you might as well spend more $$ to get a pro to do it for you from here.

if you don't already know how to make it movie accurate, i wouldn't risk screwing up a figure that'll cost $400+ to replace.
chances are you're already in deep as it is with the cost of the figure, plus the cost of the quills (i'm assuming you won that auction that went for like $40 today) so you might as well spend more $$ to get a pro to do it for you from here.
who's a good pro on here?

Well the avp pred had 80, i think the elder2 has 20 somthing i could be wrong. The best way IMO is to use a pin and put a small hole in were your putting the quill then pick up the quill with a pair of tweezers and place them in the small hole, the hole closes up quickly and solidly, it sounds complicated but its very easy and a hell of a lot better than glueing.

Here, maybe this will help you out:

p2elder.jpg

silentsurfer is your guy...:)

Yes, I am. Thanks for the nod, r5150s.

Quick tutorial: I use a 1/32" bit for my Dremel to drill tiny holes just big enough for quills to fit in. This takes a steady hand as the bit does tend to want to dance around on the surface if you let it. You should attempt to drill them in at the proper angles, too, so they don't just stand out from his face like a pin cushion. Once you've drilled some holes where you want them (you don't have to do the all at once; it's better if you don't) cut the quills down to a length you want, hold the pointed end with tweezers, put a tiny droplet of glue on the cut end of the quill and push it into the hole. Keep the quill moving until it's as deep as you want it so that the glue doesn't grab too fast and you're stuck with it where it landed.

Though the holes I make are the perfect size, sometimes cutting the quill will cause the plastic to flair out and restrict insertion. Just use your fingernails in a scraping motion to flatten it a bit. Also, you can use a sharp, pointed tool to open the hole a slight bit more. If the hole does seem unwilling to take the quill, don't try too hard to shove it in. The quill will collapse and become kinda mushy and useless. First try widening the hole.

Here's some pics of my Elder for your reference:

HPIM4430.jpg

HPIM4431.jpg

HPIM4432.jpg

HPIM4433.jpg

The tools I use. The bit is 1/32".
HPIM4429.jpg

Hope that helps.

(stock pile of quills so totally not for sale, so nobody ask please:D)

Yes, I am. Thanks for the nod, r5150s.

Quick tutorial: I use a 1/32" bit for my Dremel to drill tiny holes just big enough for quills to fit in. This takes a steady hand as the bit does tend to want to dance around on the surface if you let it. You should attempt to drill them in at the proper angles, too, so they don't just stand out from his face like a pin cushion. Once you've drilled some holes where you want them (you don't have to do the all at once; it's better if you don't) cut the quills down to a length you want, hold the pointed end with tweezers, put a tiny droplet of glue on the cut end of the quill and push it into the hole. Keep the quill moving until it's as deep as you want it so that the glue doesn't grab too fast and you're stuck with it where it landed.

Though the holes I make are the perfect size, sometimes cutting the quill will cause the plastic to flair out and restrict insertion. Just use your fingernails in a scraping motion to flatten it a bit. Also, you can use a sharp, pointed tool to open the hole a slight bit more. If the hole does seem unwilling to take the quill, don't try too hard to shove it in. The quill will collapse and become kinda mushy and useless. First try widening the hole.

Here's some pics of my Elder for your reference:

HPIM4430.jpg

HPIM4431.jpg

HPIM4432.jpg

HPIM4433.jpg

The tools I use. The bit is 1/32".
HPIM4429.jpg

Hope that helps.

(stock pile of quills so totally not for sale, so nobody ask please:D)
thanks for infor. you have a pm.

Aw come on mr. SilentSurfer. I'd only buy 40. Would even go with 20 :D . But oh well, where did u get so many anyways?

I modded my elder too, with 38 quills total. Looks KICKASS. I also painted the little horns white.
Check out a thread called Dark Blade Clan on page 6-7, thats practially how mine looks like.

hard to find now but you can use porcupine quills as an alternative..:wink1: tons of them on ebay..

Thanks. Yeah I saw that too but was thinking if it would be hard to work with. Have you tried the porcupine quills before?

Back