How many articulated bodies does Sideshow need to make?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow made the new bodies to be modular. I don't think it will be that difficult (or expensive) to adapt it to a 5 inch figure who has short legs.

I can't help but laugh to imagine Yoda on a hobbit body. :lol Now that would be a good April Fools joke! If Sideshow does that, I might as well go out and buy a 3-3/4" scale Hasbro Yoda.

Sideshow made the new bodies to be modular. I don't think it will be that difficult (or expensive) to adapt it to a 5 inch figure who has short legs.

That MIGHT be possible. I'm not sure I can imagine it though. I'd love to see someone put together a photoshop using some images of the hobbit body and what they would do to make it fit.

Maybe SSC needs to see Yoda as something they might not pull the highest profit margin they've ever had but could be something of a "look at us kick ass" venture.

I'm not sure if Hot Toys raked in the standard profits on the Power Loader, but its one of those things that just speaks volumes.

Definitely, this should be a piece they make for bragging rights and name recognition, just like Vader.

Guys, don't forget this pic!!

yodabody2ma7.jpg

Thats why I think it might be possible to do it without a new body. I hope.

Back to the overall theme of the thread, there are more than just Yoda to make that demand new bodies, so hopefully SSC won't avoid them because of the body. They've had SW for several years and should soon be to the point that spending more on Chewbacca or the Droids or Yoda are just concessions that need to be made.

While the arms and legs are modular, new bodies do need to be made for the Ewok/Jawa height and the Yoda height. Can you imagine a hobbit torso on a Yoda? :google

And Prog, I wholeheartedly agree that the Yoda upper arms need to be shortened in that pic.

Does Sideshow plan to not ever make a new female body? That's the impression I get. And I thought they said that too.

For Yoda there's a few ways they can go about it.
-They can sculpt and cast a upper & lower torso the same way they produce their heads, then add bits and pieces from the hobbits to give it the needed articulation.
-Another way would be to use a wire frame arms and legs padded with foam connected to a rotocast torso, it wouldn't be pretty but it just might solve the problem.
-They could contact Hasbro and ask them if they could use a blank Hasbro 3 3/4" Star Wars or GI Joe body as a base (I suspect Hasbro has a blank base that they work from for their figures). SSC would develop their own hands, feet and head. Hasbro could manufacture the body. Then all Sideshow would have to do is assemble them and cover the base body in cloth.
-The best method I think would be the one pictured here in this thread, a Hobbit body with a new shrunk down torso and shorter legs. More costly but the best results possible.
-Finally, SSC could make a solid rotocast Yoda with limited articulation (just like Medicoms). Not what I would want.

I do think it's within SSC abilities, more so then Chewbacca. There's also a few characters they could get from the Yoda development. There could be more then two versions of Yoda, OT and PT as well as Clone Wars and possible EU appearances. As much as people might hate her, there's also Yaddle. And maybe with some longer limbs, some of the shorter Jawas, Ewoks, and Ugnaughts could be made with a Yoda body.

Yoda on a Hobbit body:
star_wars_yoda_costume_r16804.jpg

Just like those oil companies need to share their profits, SSC needs to dig into their SW lined pockets and pony up a Yoda body. Sallow chested, hunch backed Yoda. Maybe, just maybe cut the profit margin on this one a little. I can understand the logistics behind the Chewie problem, and I can understand the hesitation tackling Grievous, but this is a relatively simple problem. I really don't care they won't get a million uses out of the Yoda body. Make a PT Yoda/Yaddle two pack and a Dagobah Yoda and call George up and have him put Uncle Yub Yub in the Clone Wars and make a figure of him. Between the two releases of our little green buddy they should be able to at least recoup their expenses. A Star Wars line without an articulated Yoda is like a prostitute without a vagina.

Hasbro's ESB Yoda looks pretty good to me. I'm almost finished modding mine.

Now to get back on topic, I'd LOVE a HAMMER HEAD!!! Now THAT is a new body sculpt!

A Star Wars line without an articulated Yoda is like a prostitute without a vagina.

:lol

It would be truly pointless. Or at the least, not as much fun.

I don't even know that they'd have to take a hit on a one-shot body. Is there anyone here who would pay $150 for a PT/OT Yoda 2-pack with adequate accessories?

Horses? Add 1/6 scale articulated horse bodies to the list! :D

Ooops! Sorry thought I was on the LotR boards!

Yoda on a Hobbit body:
star_wars_yoda_costume_r16804.jpg

Now THAT was funny! :rotfl:rotfl

A hobbit-sized Yoda is ridiculously funny. I've seen a custom 1/6th Yoda made utilizing the body of a generic 3 3/4" Hasbro figure and it looked fantastic, as well as having the necessary articulation. I'll try to dig up the photos and post them here, this evening.

$150 for two Yodas??... Easy pass for me. I'm already turned off by the higher pricing on the regular sized figures. No way I'd pay $75+ for 1/6th scale Yoda. I may be in the minority here but there comes a price point on these toys that I'd simply rather put the money towards something else.

Remember that Yoda is likely as popular as Vader as a SW icon. People that don't collect this line will still want Yoda if he's done right. Sideshow could have an ES of 10,000+ and it would sell out. Costs will be diminished through mass production.

Back