How many articulated bodies does Sideshow need to make?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can't possibly cost that much to make a 3" base with similar articulation to a ToyBiz LOTR or Marvel figure.

Yoda would look so wrong on a Hobbit body.

Just try and picture a Hobbit Yoda on Lukes back, yea pretty stupid.

Then I hope Yoda doesn't get made. I don't want a salacious crumb statue type Yoda. I buy 1:6th figures to pose them and put them in poses I want. If I want statues I'll buy those.

The Hobbit bodies are definitely (without a doubt) too big for yoda. I'll have to take some pics this afternoon of the Hobbits frolicking with Yoda.

I called what I saw what I thought it was. :rolleyes:

Sorry Josh, but I think most of us have known you long enough to know that "calling it as you see it" means "if you call Josh wrong, you're a ******".

Whatever, I'm tired of being called names because you're feelings were hurt when in reality you need to mature and get a thicker skin.

The only other thing is Yoda come like Salacious and a pack in item with some ROTS character or SDCC Ex.

Then I hope Yoda doesn't get made. I don't want a salacious crumb statue type Yoda. I buy 1:6th figures to pose them and put them in poses I want. If I want statues I'll buy those.

SS will prolly make something similar to Medicoms. But not a scrawnly sickly loooking.

For my $$$ the Medi-Yoda does it fine for OT Yoda.. but I want SS's Yoda to be PT and chock-full of nummy articulation.

Sorry Josh, but I think most of us have known you long enough to know that "calling it as you see it" means "if you call Josh wrong, you're a ******".

Nope not even close but you keep thinking that. :rolleyes::lol I thought you where being a smartass by adding that last part.

Whatever, I'm tired of being called names because you're feelings were hurt when in reality you need to mature and get a thicker skin.

You didn't hurt my feelings. If you really think that then you need to check yourself. I called you a ****** cause IMO the way your end response came off as being a smart ass poking fun at where I was going with my argument. Instead of staying on task with your beginning point. Trust me maturity and thicker skin are something I'm quite perfect with at this point. I know of course there will be some quick witted response from you or a couple others.

Anyways I've made my case why I would be ok with the Hobbit/child body. Others aren't.

I don't want a statue either, but I will accept relatively limited articulation. But I think its easily within SSC's reach to make a great, in scale, articulated Yoda. Why is a SSC Superfan selling them short and saying they can't or shouldn't go for it? Ironic that someone like me has faith when Josh doesn't.

For my $$$ the Medi-Yoda does it fine for OT Yoda.. but I want SS's Yoda to be PT and chock-full of nummy articulation.

That's fine with me as well. I just don't know if they will since I would assume it would take a brand new body for that. Depends on how much use they could get out of something like that.

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I'd like to believe there are people at Sideshow who are passionate about making money AND take pride in being innovative with their work at the same time. Yes, those two things can go together.

And Josh, I understand your reasoning. But Yoda is a Star Wars ICON. People that have never even seen or heard of Star Wars know of Yoda through popular culture. If Sideshow sets a new industry standard by going all out on Yoda, they will sell not just to Sideshow fans, but a whole new demographic. It's a different level than Brendan Frasier in the Mummy Returns.

I don't want a statue either, but I will accept relatively limited articulation. But I think its easily within SSC's reach to make a great, in scale, articulated Yoda. Why is a SSC Superfan selling them short and saying they can't or shouldn't go for it? Ironic that someone like me has faith when Josh doesn't.

Because the Medicom piece is basically a statue and I don't want something like Salacious. I'm not saying SS can't do it but I just don't think an articulated body at that scale will be $$$ worth it cause of the limited amount of characters that could be made with it. I want Yoda as bad as anyone in the SW realm but only if it can be done right.

Let's see...Yoda is about 2 feet tall, so that means we need a 4" body...

Correct? I think the Hobbit one is about 6", so they need to make it smaller than that...

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I'd like to believe there are people at Sideshow who are passionate about making money AND take pride in being innovative with their work at the same time. Yes, those two things can go together.

And Josh, I understand your reasoning. But Yoda is a Star Wars ICON. People that have never even seen or heard of Star Wars know of Yoda through popular culture. If Sideshow sets a new industry standard by going all out on Yoda, they will sell not just to Sideshow fans, but a whole new demographic. It's a different level than Brendan Frasier in the Mummy Returns.

I know there are people at SS like that. I just don't know if it would be worth it for them. If they feel it can be then do it! I want Yoda from ROTS bad!! I agree with you on Yoda and what you're saying in the second part.

Maybe SSC needs to see Yoda as something they might not pull the highest profit margin they've ever had but could be something of a "look at us kick ass" venture.

I'm not sure if Hot Toys raked in the standard profits on the Power Loader, but its one of those things that just speaks volumes.

Hey Josh, so I am sure I understand you... You would be OK with yoda on the Hobbit bodies?

If its not gonna be cost effective to make a brand new body. If its the other way around then take the hobbit body and shrink it 4 inches to make it right.

Maybe SSC needs to see Yoda as something they might not pull the highest profit margin they've ever had but could be something of a "look at us kick ass" venture.

I'm not sure if Hot Toys raked in the standard profits on the Power Loader, but its one of those things that just speaks volumes.

Again if they want to go for it I'm behind it 110%. I just want Yoda.

Back