how many are weta completests

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orc brute

Freaked Out
Reaction score
i just thought it would be interesting to know how many people on the board are lotr completests, that they have every statue so far released , every helm , every envoirement and arms and dvd releases and the companion pieces that go with the dvd, and have they ever worked out how much it has cost them up to now , and have they got every single item on display. personally i have owned every statue that they have released , and was lucky to own 2 daddy balrogs and 2 witchking statues , but had to sell , but i regret it so much, and i doubt if i will ever own them again. :violin

Last edited:
*Puts hand up*

The only statues not in my possession are PJ Corsair, Mumakil, Battle Troll, Aragorn at the black gates and Legolas and Gimli on Arod, all of which are on order, and the big three of Wiki, Cave Troll and Balrog, which I have yet to buy...
I also need 4 more busts - Moria Archer, Lurtz, Wiki and uruk scout. I have all of the enviros and I might start collecting all the helms, weapon sets, plaques and then maybe more but we'll have to see.
And yes, they are all on display :D Infact I'm about to go away and take photos.

Do not have Bronze Gandalf or medallions..but
have the rest SS made for LOTR.

I do not display the plaques (except Escape), the two larger
helms (Sauron, Troll), cave troll hammer, and Sauron's mace.

Everything else is in my theater room or study.

A little less than $20,000 spent when the rest comes next year.
I have never sold anything....just a buyer. And most of the collection
bought direct from SS with a few exceptions.

I'm pretty much a completist..........in matters lotr.
In the Weta section, I probably have about 70 odd items, by far not complete............and probably never will complete the range due to the cost involved and the preference of statues over busts, and some items, mainly the weaponsets, not really interested.
But there are lots of other lotr goodies which I'm still working on, some completed, others nearly complete.
The road goes ever on and on..............
The cost involved ................don't ask!!!
OUGHH :horror

Except for the unreleased items.....which I have already placed an pre-order.. and my nick implies... I do not have that...

... well my signature says it all... :banana :banana

As for the cost... don't dare to count... about 1.5yrs of my yearly income.....

Last edited:
Maybe someday, though it will take years to fill in the holes in the collection. And it will never be completist complete as I have no medallions or environments (except Moria).

Statues are the only part I'd really like to complete. I think I'm missing 13 of them, most of them quite costly (though I do already have Daddy Rog and Wiki).

I'm Wookilar8 and I confess I'm not a Weta collector. While I agree that their stuff is amazing; it's just too damn expensive for me. Now I have a question for all you Weta collectors out there. How many of you are going to collect their Naria and Kong statues? I think they look as good if not better then their LOTR statues.

I used to have all the busts but don't any more. I have pretty much just two left that I'm going to keep. Completing the statues was never an option since the Balrog and Caver Troll are $2000 plus and I would never spend that on a statue. I have all the helms, all the weapons plaques and all three giclee's so I guess yes, you can consider me a completist.

My version of the big threes are CT, BL, and watcher. those are all I care about in SSW LOTR line. Since I have all three of them so I would just consider myself a minor completest (within my category).

I am sure out here someone have a complete collection now (or at some point). Salute to those folks since it's a really expensive collection.

Completionist.....

I have all of the WETA lotr busts and 30 plus statues. I will most likely not collect Narnia and Kong items. I've been into LOTR since 1977. The other franchises are great, but for me do not rise to the level of LOTR. :peace

I have everything LOTR that SSW has released except for the bronze statue so yes I'm a completist.

I will NOT collect Narnia or Kong but I will collect the premium Star Wars SSC stuff, no 12" items just 1/4 scale premium statues and 1:1 busts.

John :google

Yes... mostly!

I'm a completest in everything I collect! :google Well, not really, but just about! I am working on the LOTR items and have over half of everything released. As John said, I probably won't ever get the Bronze, but never say never! I am collecting the 1/4 scale line itself, and so far have everything out. I will get every Universal / Classic Monster 1:1 bust released, but probably only one or two examples from other licenses. As far as the 1/6 lines, I try to get the new exclusives of Buffy, X-Files, etc., but completing them is down on the list. I will one day, so I guess I am a completest for those as well. Dang! Is there a Betty Ford Clinic for "collection addiction"?

Am I a WETA Completist?

Nope not at all.

I'm only collecting the items that catch my eye, or that I really, really like,
no matter what line it is from or what company produces it.

Sideshow, Bowen, Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Dark Horse, DC, Aspen, Hard Hero......

Hulk, Kong, Soulfire, LOTR, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Terminator, Predator, Alien(s).....

As long as the bust or statue looks good/great/amazing to me, I'll buy it.

JS :wave

Im with JS here..

To begin with I was just SSW freak, I had all the the major pieces..But since my introduction to this board and the MANY other products on offer....GG,Koto, Hard Hero, Bowen. Im afraid my collection has changed to the better I think!
"Variety is the spice of life!!"

WW :Wizard

Totally a LOTR Weta completist. I have gotten all of the statues, all of the busts, purchased all of the early environments like orthanc, stone trolls, helm's deep, moria, golden hall (and sold them, the different scales bugged me...meh, but I sold too soon, sob!), I am missing one weapon set, and one helm. I skipped the medallions, but seeing that that is key to the helm I am missing, pretty sad about that too. I still need to pick up the Flight from Isengard plaque, and I passed on the Gwahir print, but got the other two, I just like the symmetry of Alan Lee and John Howe with the two pieces. I am a buffy completist, python completist, modern horror completist (still need michael myers), and picked my way through the Universal monsters (just got the ones that reminded my of watching Svengoolie, a Saturday afternoon creepshow here in Chicago.)

I should probably just set up my direct deposit to Sideshow :D

Nope, just collecting the LOTR line.......and only the pieces that I feel I need.

When I pre-ordered my first item, I planned to only ever just own that one.
THen I ordered more, and I got bit by the bug but I dont have a massive collection, just a moderate one spanning helms, busts, environments, statues and the misc- plaques, dvd statues, etc.

Last spooktacular I won a miniature Witchking crown for free, and with me already having around 8-10 helms, I decided it was best for me to go for the whole set, and I'm only 10 away now- and I've already got the expensive ones so the ones left are the 25-30 dollar ones. :banana

Helm completist!

I collected 8 (including the expensive Legion helm) in the last month, but for the rest I want to stretch out the collecting so I'm not just rushing to get them all- I want to have fun buying one or two or 3 at a time.

Savouring the last of the collecting process :D

I am a completist, considering stopping as it sometimes strains the budget big time. I am missing about 50 pieces, I have all the busts, all but 2 or 3 of every other item except medallions and helms which I need about 10 each of and 20 statues. I have most of the biggies including Cavey, Daddy Balrog and Wiki. Missing some expensive ones like Orthanc and UHSS.

But because the LOTR line has ended, it is still possible one day.

All but a few pieces are in my computer/library room.

Back