How high can you go Jedi Luke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Luke could very likely just continue to go up in value and there's no telling how high he'll end up at. It seems a lot of people didn't catch wind of the SSC SW 12" line until after Luke at least, and the exclusive has a low edition size and the regular is relatively low as well. I'd wager that most of the ones being sold on eBay right now and ones people bought just to sell. Most of us probably won't be getting rid of him. Look at the Padme maquette (sure there are a lot less) not many are sent to eBay to sell, which in turn drives up the price. I think these will probably be like the GG busts and most statues where as long as the figure is complete and has the box, being opened won't make a huge difference. Since it does go back so very nicely.

I agree. The flippers are out in full force now, but it won't be long before the vast majority of these guys are in the hands of collectors, who won't be letting go very easily. As this line continues to become a thing of legend, this inaugural figure will be harder and harder to come by.

How high will Luke go? I can throw him about as high as this tree in my front yard. I will never sell.

Doesn't the clear plastic trays have tape on the corners to cut...................just curious?
theverse

There is tape around the corners, but once the tray is in the package, you can't tell if there's tape there or not.

Since the Kit Fisto exclusive is the only one I haven't been able to order or get from wait list, Dave's version of Murphy's Law insists that it will be the highest priced and most difficult SW 1/6th to ever exist.

I have a funny feeling about Kit too. Down the line, as more variations appear on popular characters, this single representation of Kit might just become a hugely sought-after piece.

I'm sure you'll get one though.

I have to agree that Luke and Kit will both probably bring some good cash down the line. Even though Kit is a "secondary" character the low producton run for both the reg and exclusive will make him an expensive one.

theverse said:
Doesn't the clear plastic trays have tape on the corners to cut...................just curious?
theverse

Yes, but it's clear plastic tape. You don't have to cut it, just peel it off. And if someone was worried about it, you can cut four new strips and replace it later.

I believe this is going to continue to go up in price. This isn't like any other 12" figure to date. I think it's going to be the new gold standard for collectibles of this kind. I never think this sort of thing is a good investment, but this one is special for a myriad of reasons.
I'm one of the evil "scalpers". I didn't plan to originally, but I put my exclusive up on eBay and sold it BIN for $150 USD to a guy in Japan. I decided it could go to a home that would apreciate it's NRFB pristine condition more than me. I then ordered 2 Luke's from an etailer friend. Now I can keep one MIB for future projects and play with the other without feeling like I've "violated the integrity of the box!" and "ruined" the value of an actual comparative rarity.
I have no idea what I'm going to do wth the other exclusives I have on order now. I may sell some of those too. Helps pay for the collection and I like buying two for one (or better sometimes) this way.

Darklord Dave said:
Since the Kit Fisto exclusive is the only one I haven't been able to order or get from wait list, Dave's version of Murphy's Law insists that it will be the highest priced and most difficult SW 1/6th to ever exist.
:rotfl
Ain't that the truth!
:lol

*ss*

chamildav said:
I believe this is going to continue to go up in price. This isn't like any other 12" figure to date. I think it's going to be the new gold standard for collectibles of this kind. I never think this sort of thing is a good investment, but this one is special for a myriad of reasons.
I'm one of the evil "scalpers". I didn't plan to originally, but I put my exclusive up on eBay and sold it BIN for $150 USD to a guy in Japan. I decided it could go to a home that would apreciate it's NRFB pristine condition more than me. I then ordered 2 Luke's from an etailer friend. Now I can keep one MIB for future projects and play with the other without feeling like I've "violated the integrity of the box!" and "ruined" the value of an actual comparative rarity.
I have no idea what I'm going to do wth the other exclusives I have on order now. I may sell some of those too. Helps pay for the collection and I like buying two for one (or better sometimes) this way.

I'm sure you are not alone on this. Financing other purchases with this line is something that makes financial sense.

Michael Crawford said:
Yes, but it's clear plastic tape. You don't have to cut it, just peel it off. And if someone was worried about it, you can cut four new strips and replace it later.

I think if someone were to resell their Luke Ex and claim it was factory-sealed by re-taping the tray would be totally uncool. Sideshow should produce their own WaterMarked or labeled tape so it can't be easily replaced.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, well, I'm sure it's going to happen. With all the buzz about this figure, someone, somewhere is going to try this...............I just don't think it's very truthful either, but who am I.................
theverse

theverse said:
Hmmmm, well, I'm sure it's going to happen. With all the buzz about this figure, someone, somewhere is going to try this...............I just don't think it's very truthful either, but who am I.................
theverse

You are The Verse! And there is truth in the Verse!

Last edited:
All you guys talking about opening their Luke Exclusives.. :drool :drool

Im still a month away from having mine...

WW :lsvader

Back