How Flippable is the Ex. 1:6 Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I know your in the same boat! Hurts, doesn't it? But I really want the exclusive version, so I can only go with Sideshow. That's my dilemma... I'm beyond pain I guess! :D To bad that most European retailers charge you even more than Sideshow does.

I agree. EU customers have three options:

1. Getting the exclusive from Sideshow (and having to sell a kidney by the third figure in the line).
2. Getting the regular edition from eBay or US retailers. That way, you can save up to $50 ore more, BUT it's NOT the exclusive.
3. Getting the regular edition from local retailers. That, to me, is out of the question, most of my local retailers double the price of this kind of figures.

I chose #1. I'm not sure if i'll do the same with the next figures, I gess it'll depend on a number of factors (being the need to find a new place to live while my collectibles inhabitate my house one of them).

Man, if I lived out of the US I'd be going regular all the way... while the exclusives are nice to have I don't think anyone of them would be worth the extra shipping and import fees.

Man, if I lived out of the US I'd be going regular all the way... while the exclusives are nice to have I don't think anyone of them would be worth the extra shipping and import fees.

Yeah, you're right. Indeed, I have only a few exclusives. Only PF's because of Flexplay (and because it's Angel and Spike, and the exclusive vamped out heads are essential). I pre-ordered the exclusive Indy using my reward points, so, in the end it's probably going to cost me the same as if I bought the regular from a retailer. I wanted to have the exclusive of this first figure, but I'll probably switch to regulars with the next one.

Another exclusive I might spend the extra bucks in it's the T-Rex vs. Raptors diorama. The banner is a must to recreate that scene.

Another exclusive I might spend the extra bucks in it's the T-Rex vs. Raptors diorama. The banner is a must to recreate that scene.

Or you could spend a few minutes in Photoshop and a couple of bucks down at the local Kinkos and print the banner yourself. It's not like Jurassic Park font isn't easily available...

ES of only 1500.
I don't think 1500 is THAT low, but compared to the edition sizes of the exclusives in the SW and LotR lines, it is.
Wonder why SSC did this? Indy not so popular after all ($90 to much?), or are they increasing the edition number on the regular version to make profit from that figure/line?

I don't think 1500 is THAT low, but compared to the edition sizes of the exclusives in the SW and LotR lines, it is.
Wonder why SSC did this? Indy not so popular after all ($90 to much?), or are they increasing the edition number on the regular version to make profit from that figure/line?

No, it's not that low, but considering how long he took to sell-out, I think a lot of us were expecting the ES to be much larger.

Yep, you are so right, rationally speaking (although... reason and collecting :nono). But can you imagine how it feels to have them all as exclusive? I guess, that's what get's me going. If there's an Sideshow item/line I'm interested in, and there's an exclusive version... I've got it!

I'm in the same boat as Alice. (How cute is that?)

And since I fully expected the ES to be 2000 or more, I'm quite happy. Of course, no 12" figs are ever going to be flippable here in Europe, as people just aren't interested in them -- but it will be nice to own a valuable Indy, all the same.

Value is in the eye of the beholder-- anyone willing to pay inflated prices gets what they deserve...:monkey1

Yep, you are so right, rationally speaking (although... reason and collecting :nono). But can you imagine how it feels to have them all as exclusive? I guess, that's what get's me going. If there's an Sideshow item/line I'm interested in, and there's an exclusive version... I've got it!

Yeah, I'm the same way for exclusives... but I'm also a cheap bastard. So if it meant me paying extra for them (except from cool stuff like the Mynock) I'd be happy with the regular. And it would allow me to throw out the boxes.

But I salute your dedication :rock

Yeah, certainly more flippable now. Looks like the edition size has surprised a few people, including myself, but it's probably a good move by Sideshow. The regular edition should sell quite quickly too, because of this. It will also serve as a good feeler for how the market sits with this figure. With more Indy's on the horizon, we'll see how the edition sizes compare.

Although I could see a lot of people only buying and Indy... and if you were to only get one, I think Raiders is it.

So what will the ES on the regular Indy be? Same? Maybe 2000?

All I know is, I wish I knew about this hobby a lot earlier than when I first started, maybe 1 - 1.5 years ago. There will probably be others in the same geeky general public that didn't even know these things existed (like me), and once they find out and start buying the stuff they missed, an ES of 1500 of the Ex will help long term value.

Back