How Flippable is the Ex. 1:6 Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I see, thanks!

I'd say then that in this case it will depend (as people said already) on how limited the piece is...do we even know if this is a limited edition figure? The release of the new film will certainly draw attention to the new fig though. I personally dont see it being more valuable/collecatble than say Hot Toys Aliens/Predator figs.

..do we even know if this is a limited edition figure?
Yes it is limited. It has sold out. Sideshow are cool like that. They inform people by telling us the edition size of all their products. Where do you find the edition sizes of Medicom or Hot Toys figures?

Yes it is limited. It has sold out. Sideshow are cool like that. They inform people by telling us the edition size of all their products. Where do you find the edition sizes of Medicom or Hot Toys figures?
For Medicom, the numbers are out there, belive me... . They usually have little adds which state the edition sizes when a figure is announced I belive. But we never see them. Few of us roam the Japanese web sites, or buy Japanese publications on collectibles. And HT, I guess you just have to ask them. I once wrote a mail to HT, because I wanted to know the ES of the battle damaged ED209 - great figure, isn't it :D - and they promptly answered: 500. It's as easy as that!

This reminds me... The $150 price tag on the Medicom figures do seem high for us, but that's the price for the Japanese market. Japan is a very expensive country. Unfortunately, Sideshow doesn't adjust these prices to the US market, and apparently they don't have to, since a lot of people buy those figures even at that price. That's a very comfortable situation for Sideshow. They just say that they have no control over the HT and Medicom prices... I don't belive it. I mean, they are distributing HT and Medicom figures in the US, and don't get a say in at what price these figures would best be introduced on "their" market? Sideshow is clearly taking advantage of the situation here: why adapt the price, if not necessary? The fans buy it anyway. Leaves a higher profit margin!
I am wondering... why is it that places like StarWars.com were able to sell the Medicom Stormtrooper, and the Blackhole Trooper for $100-120? Are they selling these figures deliberately with loss?? Hard to belive. As far as I know, the recently released Shock Trooper is the first Medicom figure to be sold by StarWars.com at a price that's leveled to those applied by Sideshow.
Point is: the Medicom prices don't need to be as high as they are, other US retailers prove it. Therefore it's hard to compare the Medicom quality/price ratio to Sideshow's. As a matter of fact, selling Medicom figures in the US with a Japanese price tag, is a very powerful instrument of commerce to Sideshow. Makes Sideshow's price hikes for their own 12" figures more reconcilable to their addicted: Yes there's been a raise on 12" SW figures, but look at Medicom, they are still more expensive - AND out of scale... .

Ever wondered why the first Medicom Star Wars figure was sold on the Sideshow site for $150, and every other following figure at exactly the same price? If "everything" is getting more expensive - oil - plastic - and what have you - why aren't the Medicom figures getting more expensive? Are they made of ... wood? Or do they simply comprise a higher profit margin? What ever. Even Medicom figures loose value on the secondary market, so I guess, plastic isn't that precious after all. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes, I think that also counts for value.

Last edited:
Well, certainly not for European collectors:

Subtotal: $89.99

Tax (Est.): $23.10

Ship (Est.): $42.79

Grand Total: $155.78

I don't think someone would pay $160 for that figure on the secondary market. You touch a very good point here though. The new price doesn't help the flippers... but it's also not very good for the collectors. :monkey2

Ouch. Looks like you need to either move or find a new hobby.

Well, certainly not for European collectors:

Subtotal: $89.99

Tax (Est.): $23.10

Ship (Est.): $42.79

Grand Total: $155.78

I don't think someone would pay $160 for that figure on the secondary market. You touch a very good point here though. The new price doesn't help the flippers... but it's also not very good for the collectors. :monkey2

Same for me Alice...
makes me sick.

I am really thinking of cancelling it and buy one later on eBay, because I believe the edition size is going to be very big, enough for an overdose.

But most of all I hope to find an original Arnie Kim (not a cheap recast).

Same for me Alice...
makes me sick.

I am really thinking of cancelling it and buy one later on eBay, because I believe the edition size is going to be very big, enough for an overdose.
Yes I know your in the same boat! Hurts, doesn't it? But I really want the exclusive version, so I can only go with Sideshow. That's my dilemma... I'm beyond pain I guess! :D To bad that most European retailers charge you even more than Sideshow does.

I was originally disappointed for missing out on the Indy Exclusive... that was until I saw what the exclusive was.

Like I've learned with even the neatest of Star Wars 12" exclusives... they usually stay in the box. :lol :rotfl :lol

I won't be selling mine, but it'll be interesting to see how much he'll be worth down the line. He could end up being like Jedi Luke. Of course edition size will play a part in it.

As far as the exclusive goes, I think it equals Luke's skiff guard blaster. It wasn't the greatest exclusive, but people seem to be willing to pay a lot more just for that.

I think you're more likely to pose Indy with the torch (and dart inserted) than some of the other exclusives that have come out (particularly in the SW line).

indiana_jones_raiders.jpg

Was not a clear plastic space ship, it was silver! :D But perhaps the very very lilmited Japanese edition with a PINK colored spaceship (ES 100 I belive) is worth that price to someone? I would love to have that version, but I wouldn't pay $150 for any of the three versions. It sure is one of my favotire 12" figures though. $50 retail btw... $50! How times and prices change!

I've got the pink Japanese version! Paid about $90 for it on the bay a when these first came out. If I didn't have it, I would pay $150 for it... but that is just me.

So we still have people thinking the ES is a year even though Sideshow has already told us they had no idea what to set the ES at when the product went on sale?

Can't wait to read all the complaining when the ES is announced to be 3000 or 3500...

So we still have people thinking the ES is a year even though Sideshow has already told us they had no idea what to set the ES at when the product went on sale?

Can't wait to read all the complaining when the ES is announced to be 3000 or 3500...

Yep, it will be heck of a lot more than 1981 thats for sure.

Back