How dumb do you think we are?? PART 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make it sound like Hot Toys are angels. How bad is it when you have to complain on Facebook to get your items replaced when they duff up production. Or complain because Hot Toys deliberately ignore your emails hoping you'll go away and somehow it's your fault for their items that were screwed up due to such shoddy quality control.

It's still going on to this day. Broken or missing parts on figures/busts, people posting photos of the items on their Facebook page to get it sorted.

Obsession with profit. Doesn't matter who the company is these days. Enough is never enough.

In the end they almost always listen to the fans. We have seen several different sculpts of the same figure when with sideshow what we see originally is what we get. They hardly ever tweak whereas with HT when you get a bunch of _____y people they will revamp the prototype.

Let's offer to paint their products for free.:exactly::lol

Sadly, it might actually solve some of the QC issues if they offered to sell unpainted statues. Heck, we could probably end up with a lot better paint in many circumstances.

This issue is nothing new. I remember when we saw the first production pics of the Anakin figure, what, 5 years ago? The paint was awful.

And I could be wrong, but didn't someone from Sideshow address this issue a couple of years ago? I thought they even mentioned something about visiting the factory in China. Not that anything came of it.

Alright, for the record there IS a downgrade in Sideshow's product comparing the cost for the PFs now which are mostly hollow to the price of PFs then which were heavy as hell is a good point but when costs go up they have to do something to keep in the game.

Their QC is horrid but I've seen the Captain Rex, Greedo and Hammerhead threads where their 1/6 applications in paint and QC have really stepped up so I'm willing to wait and see if this continues over to the next round of PFs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its always fun watching someone commit board-suicide. Doesnt happen very often here but when it does, its still entertaining...this will go down in SSF lore...

RIP jbinny

Why is this poster RIP? Cause he said something bad about one of the companies? He should be able to rant if he wants to. He didn't curse any one out or drop racist rhetoric around. Worst thing he might have done is offend someone who's in love with Sideshow. If there's a board rule he's breaking that's one thing, but if the stink is because he's expressing his disappointment with Sideshow, some people need to get thicker skin. Frankly, I think he makes some good points. I've had QC issues with 1/3 of the stuff I've bought from them, to the point I might start considering just buying Hot Toys soon.

This issue is nothing new. I remember when we saw the first production pics of the Anakin figure, what, 5 years ago? The paint was awful.

And I could be wrong, but didn't someone from Sideshow address this issue a couple of years ago? I thought they even mentioned something about visiting the factory in China. Not that anything came of it.

I rarely have issues with their proofs. BUT, this is the kind of crap SSC sends out too often:

90279444.jpg

That would be yellow shell paint that dripped on a TMNT Leo EX's leg, and was half-a$$ed wiped off.

"How dumb do (they) think we are?"

Hmmmmmm.....how dumb is it possible to be?

Why is this poster RIP? Cause he said something bad about one of the companies? He should be able to rant if he wants to. He didn't curse any one out or drop racist rhetoric around. Worst thing he might have done is offend someone who's in love with Sideshow. If there's a board rule he's breaking that's one thing, but if the stink is because he's expressing his disappointment with Sideshow, some people need to get thicker skin. Frankly, I think he makes some good points. I've had QC issues with 1/3 of the stuff I've bought from them, to the point I might start considering just buying Hot Toys soon.

Thats exactly the point. He already had one identical thread closed by the Admin so to open a new thread usually leads to at least a suspension.

Im actually FOR Jbinny posting his grievance, I think he's 100% right on. I think DD was wrong for closing the 1st thread, although if he closed it because of the tone, that I can understand. But if buyers have a legit concern about the quality of merchandise, they have the right to say so.

Im just surprised this new thread has lasted this long. Maybe DD has a change of heart which I fully respect. I think this thread is needed.

it was a one and done experience for me with SS products. ordered the iron man bust and never again bought sideshow.

This thread seems like a flipper's last rant, being frustrated that QC issues and NRDs are taking their toll on profitable flipping. When all else fails, blame Sideshow! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back