How dumb do you think we are?? PART 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weeks profits.
48dc4cdf.jpg

:rotfl Nash, you the ____ing man! :rock

Don't know what happened to create this thread, but I do agree that SS has paint issues with their products. I bought my last polystone piece (Spidey) from SS. The increased cost, deposit, lack of QC, etc. have pushed me to not wanting to spend money on items that as of late have a high frequency of defects.

Now, I don't know the inner workings at SS but as a customer it does appear that they aren't that concerned how their pieces turn out. And whether that is correct or not, to this customer it looks that way, my money isn't going to SS anymore.

First and foremost, everyone sees this hobby as a retirement plan. There is no need to be buying up everything that has the name Sideshow on it, unfortunately that is not the case. It is unbelievable how gullible people are, when it comes to thinking that there EX will make them tons of money in the future. In the end, this is a hobby and not an investment plan. Sideshow depends souly on you guys, with that said If you all practiced a bit of restrained and discipline, and did not buy everything that came out, for fear of missing out. Then maybe sideshow would reconsider about their products quality that is hitting the streets. On this point you have no one else to blame but yourselves.

If sideshow lets say puts out a sub-standard statue in your eyes, then you as a community of hard core collectors should band together and boycott it. The most important aspect of this business, and yes sideshow sees this as a business, is the bottom line. If they are producing crap as you all put it, and you all continue to buy it. How can you blame them for what they are doing?! The only time they will take necessary steps on fixing the problem with quality control, is when their business is threatened. Only then will businesses make the necessary changes required in order to survive.

Internet is a powerful tool to force big name companies to humble themselves and start listening to their customers. But one must use tact and the right strategy in order to make them listen. That is my .02 cents on this. Hope i did not offend anyone, because my comments where not directed at no one particular person.

:exactly::goodpost: I for one rarely buy SS items because I find they pump out crap a lot of the time. When I say SS, I mean stuff made by them and not stuff like HT that's distributed by them. There's a store here that sells PF's and when I look at them all lined up beside each other, the lack of quality paint apps is laughable at best. It ruins the likeness of the statue and that's if they even got that right in the first place. Checking out all those PF's, I only bought one, Conan the Barbarian, and I still find the paint app quite underwhelming.

If sideshow lets say puts out a sub-standard statue in your eyes, then you as a community of hard core collectors should band together and boycott it. The most important aspect of this business, and yes sideshow sees this as a business, is the bottom line. If they are producing crap as you all put it, and you all continue to buy it. How can you blame them for what they are doing?!

The bad thing is that its tough to boycott something when you don't know its bad until you get it in your hands and its so hit & miss on a lot of stuff. My Jack Sparrow PF is perfect but lots of others have not been.

Last edited:
Their sculpts are amazing (maybe besides the Colossus Comiquette) but everything is just ruined with the paint applications. It's frustrating...

I read this entire thread...trying as I might to see Sideshow's point of view in the matter and give them the benefit of the doubt...

but then I looked at the Colossus Comiquette, and all was lost.

Then SS has the balls to charge $500+ for a piece that looks like it was painted by an adolescent hillbilly.

reintardation-hillbilly-drinking-reincarnation-demotivational-poster-1264290069.jpg

Always felt you'd have to be reintarded to spend hundreds (even thousands) of dollars on a static, poorly painted, polystone POS with virtually no resale value whatsoever.

But hey, I've only got 23 chromosomes!

I don't consider myself a Hot Toys fanboy, but I wonder what would happen if they began producing 1:4 statues

2/3 of a 2000 statue run being returned definitely isn't perfect, but after throwing thousands of dollars in their direction, I expect a little effort.

Flipping my Sideshow just aint what it used to be, aint what it used to be, aint what it used to be....... :lol

I don't consider myself a Hot Toys fanboy, but I wonder what would happen if they began producing 1:4 statues

That would send me through the roof. With there paint applications and sculpting techniques there would be a new sheriff in town. Don't get me wrong SS is damn good at what they do but the 1/6th stuff that HT knocks out of the park it would be scary good to see what they can do with 1/4th. We have already seen them do the 1/4th busts which are all fantastic.

I would say a majority of products translated almost identically to their original prototypes. I also liked the old grey styrofoam.:D

Good point. Now that they're requiring deposits for pre-orders, Sideshow REALLY needs to step it up a notch in the QC department. If they're going to continue with that policy, but can't replicate the prototype, they're going to have trouble keeping customers.

That would send me through the roof. With there paint applications and sculpting techniques there would be a new sheriff in town. Don't get me wrong SS is damn good at what they do but the 1/6th stuff that HT knocks out of the park it would be scary good to see what they can do with 1/4th. We have already seen them do the 1/4th busts which are all fantastic.

You make it sound like Hot Toys are angels. How bad is it when you have to complain on Facebook to get your items replaced when they duff up production. Or complain because Hot Toys deliberately ignore your emails hoping you'll go away and somehow it's your fault for their items that were screwed up due to such shoddy quality control.

It's still going on to this day. Broken or missing parts on figures/busts, people posting photos of the items on their Facebook page to get it sorted.

Obsession with profit. Doesn't matter who the company is these days. Enough is never enough.

Someone really needs to jump in the ring with Sideshow at this point. They've cornered the market on high-end collectibles and they know it. Without anyone else to put the heat on them, it's no wonder they've let things slide.

The fact that they cant even get their paint applications to Hot Toys standard level for the last 4 years at least is telling a lot about them.

As someone who has been buying from Sideshow for close to 7 years there is without a shadow of doubt that their quality control has dropped a lot in the last couple years.

But we have also had at least 25 of these threads over that time too. Every line and scale is prone to Sideshows apparent lack of tight quality control.

And the odd thing is it 99.89999999999% of the time its a paint related issue.
Flaking paint, lazy eyes, bad application, ect ect ect................

Sideshow needs a NEW PAINT factory!!!!!!!!

Look at Hot Toys, they deliver time and time again.

Sideshow shats on amazing sculpts time and time again.

Its ridiculous. As a sculptor working for them I would go crazy to see my hard work destroyed by horrible paints.

Sideshow could solve 99% of the problems they are having now just by imploying a quality paint factory.

Sideshow needs a new paint factory, bottom line. They wouldnt need to step up the QC department if they used a factory that got it right the first time around.

I dont see that at all. Some people will like some pieces others wont.

The problem is Sideshow terrible paint apps.

Sideshow needs a new paint factory.

So what your saying is..SS needs a new paint factory? :lol

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back