How dumb do you think we are?? PART 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a point jbinny. Once I get spidey, and I hope he's perfect :pray: I'm taking a break from SSC for a while, unless something I really really want comes out.

You have a point jbinny. Once I get spidey, and I hope he's perfect :pray: I'm taking a break from SSC for a while, unless something I really really want comes out.

Me too just waiting for the IM WM if this thing come out good will go next for Cyclops and Predator LSB if not i will fill the gap that i left from Hot Toys and Bowen and will buy the one i miss

Sideshow needs a new paint factory, bottom line. They wouldnt need to step up the QC department if they used a factory that got it right the first time around.

First and foremost, everyone sees this hobby as a retirement plan. There is no need to be buying up everything that has the name Sideshow on it, unfortunately that is not the case. It is unbelievable how gullible people are, when it comes to thinking that there EX will make them tons of money in the future. In the end, this is a hobby and not an investment plan. Sideshow depends souly on you guys, with that said If you all practiced a bit of restrained and discipline, and did not buy everything that came out, for fear of missing out. Then maybe sideshow would reconsider about their products quality that is hitting the streets. On this point you have no one else to blame but yourselves.

If sideshow lets say puts out a sub-standard statue in your eyes, then you as a community of hard core collectors should band together and boycott it. The most important aspect of this business, and yes sideshow sees this as a business, is the bottom line. If they are producing crap as you all put it, and you all continue to buy it. How can you blame them for what they are doing?! The only time they will take necessary steps on fixing the problem with quality control, is when their business is threatened. Only then will businesses make the necessary changes required in order to survive.

Internet is a powerful tool to force big name companies to humble themselves and start listening to their customers. But one must use tact and the right strategy in order to make them listen. That is my .02 cents on this. Hope i did not offend anyone, because my comments where not directed at no one particular person.

How dumb do you think we are??

Antoine-Dodson-Dumb-300x225.gif

:monkey3
:peace

As a new collector I was curious on how the QC has changed. Ive recieved close to ten products and havent had any issues yet. Has this only been with certain paint application on particular statues? Or is it a problem with items being replaced? What statues should I be weary of?

And as for quantity over quality-I buy what I enjoy. If I really like the sculpt-I pick it up. Its unreasonable to try and buy everything they put out. Buy what interests you and makes you happy. Maybe the quality on teh sculpts has lessened over the years-i dont know. I agree the PF Hulk is a BEAUTIFULLY sculpted piece! And hopefully I will be able to have one some day without selling any of my organs on the black market. Not really a fan of the Comiquette version. Impressed by its size and the base-but damn that face and HAIR! arg. But thats artistic preference.

Enjoy the hobby everyone

First and foremost, everyone sees this hobby as a retirement plan. There is no need to be buying up everything that has the name Sideshow on it, unfortunately that is not the case. It is unbelievable how gullible people are, when it comes to thinking that there EX will make them tons of money in the future. In the end, this is a hobby and not an investment plan. Sideshow depends souly on you guys, with that said If you all practiced a bit of restrained and discipline, and did not buy everything that came out, for fear of missing out. Then maybe sideshow would reconsider about their products quality that is hitting the streets. On this point you have no one else to blame but yourselves.

If sideshow lets say puts out a sub-standard statue in your eyes, then you as a community of hard core collectors should band together and boycott it. The most important aspect of this business, and yes sideshow sees this as a business, is the bottom line. If they are producing crap as you all put it, and you all continue to buy it. How can you blame them for what they are doing?! The only time they will take necessary steps on fixing the problem with quality control, is when their business is threatened. Only then will businesses make the necessary changes required in order to survive.

Internet is a powerful tool to force big name companies to humble themselves and start listening to their customers. But one must use tact and the right strategy in order to make them listen. That is my .02 cents on this. Hope i did not offend anyone, because my comments where not directed at no one particular person.
:lecture:goodpost:

I concur.:lecture

Well, after Vampirella. And Gimli. And then Rogue. And maybe She-Hulk and so on...Dammit!:banghead

The QC seems about the same to me since 2005. I started out buying SW figures, but after having so many problems with mine I just stopped with all 1/6. Granted, they've made some serious improvements since that time, but it was too late for me and many others as the edition sizes dropped roughly 80% for that line.
I think the big difference now is SS is producing a lot more items than a few years ago which raises the overall number of defects, even if the proportion is the same.

I'm not going to lie... I love threads like this...:yess:

You get it all in one thread. Drama, Hurt Feelings, Upset Mods, etc...etc...:yess:

excellent thread. as a customer for almost 8 years now I have definately seen a change. some of it can be attributed to growing pains, but I think the real issue is that SS has no competition.

We need another (licensed) company to begin producing 1/4 scale statues.

I've said it before, but how can a company like ATTAKUS make perfectly painted statues without issue time and time again, while we continue to get fiascos like the recent iron man from SS?

And the "don't buy it" arguement is silly. I LOVE SS and want them to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back