How do you rank the Terminator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Terminator

• Terminator

Votes: 214 39.5%
  • T2

Votes: 302 55.7%
  • T3

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • TS

Votes: 18 3.3%

• Total voters
T2 is my favorite of the series, and T1 is my second (and last) favorite. In my opinon, there are only two Terminator movies. The later films such as T3, and Salvation did the series such an injustice (in their own respected ways), that they aren't even worth mentioning.

T1 and T2 will always be my favorites, there is just something special about them that's almost indefindable. I haven't seen anyone saying TS or T3 were better than them.

Cannon? What do you and him mean by that? :lol

•A canon, in terms of a fictional universe, is a body of material that is considered to be "genuine" or "official", that can be directly referenced as, or as if it were, material produced by the original author or creator of a series. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)

so I wasn't the only one who felt sour when leaving the theater after Terminator 3? I think I would have enjoyed the film a little more had Furlong came back to play John, sort of would have made the film have a decade anniverary reunion feel to it with him, Arnie and Dr. Silverman.

Hi. I'm John Connor. Savior of the human race.

edward-furlong.jpg

well Nick Stahl didn't look any better. but yeah Furlong really looks grungie these days. so sweet soft and innocent looking in T2.

Did you just try to compare Furlong to Schwarzenegger?

Arnold got old, it happens to everyone. Edward became a junky.

T2 is better than the original in almost every way. Except for originiality: a machine disguised as a human being sent back in time. That had been done before, you know, by the same guy...;)

I mean, it wasn't as intense either. The first was more terrifying. So it's debatable. Terminator in '84 and ALIENS in '86 were admitedly Cameron's most thrilling features; the continued chase, and the heroes being backed into a corner through the WHOLE film, and their allies and loved ones being slaughtered...

I've got to go with T2 as the top dog, followed by Salvation.

The first movie never really stuck with me, probably because I saw the second one first.

1:T2
2:T1

T3 and TS and also TSCC...well...pure garbage.

Agreed. Unfortunately the general public thinks that's the way it was supposed to be. Not that they're the one's who's opinions matter, but it's just annoying that we have people who wathced TSCC and TS who never even saw the original.

Movies are leaning so far towards entertainment as opposed to art nowadays... I feel like the balance was better in the 90's and before. I just don't want them cheapening our stories.

Back