How do you prefer to display your Hot Toys, with or without the stand?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you prefer to display your Hot Toys, with or without the stand?

• With

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Without

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Some days with and some days without.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Using any stand equates to you still suckling on your momma's titties!

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I want to pose my DXbats with the stand but I'm afraid that the metal on the stand will leave indentations on it or that it will react with the suit in a scary and destructive way. Any advice?

I have mine on the hooks and though it does leave the dents, they go away after a day or so not being on there. I have had no reaction to the stand and he's been there for some time. I also have my Leonidas and same its had the same results.

Thanks for the advice man. I will probably use it then. But I'm not sure how to use this hot toys stand for the DX. I'm used to the ones that go around the waist

I have mine on the hooks and though it does leave the dents, they go away after a day or so not being on there. I have had no reaction to the stand and he's been there for some time. I also have my Leonidas and same its had the same results.

Same results for my DX02 and King Leonidas with how robbie just described how he has his :hi5:

Ahhh...I so love unity when it occurs :lol

I use these white metal ones:

DSC02926.jpg

They are heavier than any other and keep the figures in place,
decided to buy them after a series of earthquakes here in CA...

It all depends on the display for me. Here are some examples.

deep pose no stand.
IMG_20101228_142220.jpg

Not so deep and needs support.
IMG_20101228_142237.jpg

All my figs have their stands. There isn’t any point in taking the risk of them getting scuffed up or broken if they take a tumble. Plus if it happens you’ll just feel like a dumbass because, you know, you have a stand that helps prevent these things.

Could someone explain how you go about standing DX bats on these hooked stands. I mean are the hooks supposed to be touching the figure's crotch?

All my figs have their stands. There isn’t any point in taking the risk of them getting scuffed up or broken if they take a tumble. Plus if it happens you’ll just feel like a dumbass because, you know, you have a stand that helps prevent these things.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

can someone post a side pic of DX bats on the stand the corect way. Im not sure if the hooks should hold his crotch or if his but should rest on the flat part. help lol

can someone post a side pic of DX bats on the stand the corect way. Im not sure if the hooks should hold his crotch or if his but should rest on the flat part. help lol

Anyway why you prefer.

The two little ball tips should be just forward of his upper thighs, the downward curve of the hooks should be inbetween his thighs, it's up to you if you want them touching his crotch or not and the rear flat part of the hooks can also either be just below his butt or actually touching it.

If the rear flat part of the hook actually touches his butt, like he's about to sit on it, then he definately will never fall backwards because the hook is holding him up.

I always take my hooks and pick my ears with them.

I don't like to use the stands generally unless they absolutely can't stand on there own. Sometimes you have to get creative though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back